What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Panthers

Bloodbath

Juniors
I just hope we lose .unless the board will look at mcidiot and think to themselves,Gee this guy can coach .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Mate I’m absolutely pissed. But not at you.

I get that being a footy fan is escapism. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t want my team to be successful. I’m also able to separate holding opposing views from the personal. Apologies if that didn’t appear to be the case.

What I can’t abide is any more of Mary’s awful player management.
When I seen the selection I felt like throwing my phone into the concrete. Just trying to make some sense of it. Difficult but trying my best. With the current goings on though this season makes the JDB saga look like a walk in the park and Jayden Okunbur, who's he?

slippery5

Juniors
Well all you death riding, nay saying critics got your wish
Lomax gone to the wing and now Dufty to FB what a f**king joke
One should always be careful of what you wish for.
Maybe Flanno was saying "put another nail in your coffin Mary"
surely he has got to lose the support from players???

BLM01

First Grade
McGregor's teams have always played like they barely know each other, so this is consistent. Still it spells panic!
The comp may be suspended for a few weeks after game 2. Mary going for the win to say..look we are in the 8. But the Panthers have other ideas.
Dont worry it is a smokescreen for something else.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
dufty at dummy half , go from there , its not rocket science
Yeah well Lomax has shown a good playmaking ability so id use him out the back on sweeping plays and use Dufty on any play up the middle. He would be lethal if used correctly. That try he scored tying Tedesco in a knot in the charity shield is still and always will be one the greatest tries score in a red v.

George Dragon

Juniors
A few people have mention Saab lack of form in 9's and trials as a reason for non selection. Fair enough. I think he was solid on the weekend with a nice runaway try.
What has Dufty done to gain selection.
He was dropped late last year. Played a game at FB and centre and his last two games were on the wing. All performances were lackluster and he looked like he didnt want to be there.
Has not played a game since....

blue bags

First Grade
Yeah well Lomax has shown a good playmaking ability so id use him out the back on sweeping plays and use Dufty on any play up the middle. He would be lethal if used correctly. That try he scored tying Tedesco in a knot in the charity shield is still and always will be one the greatest tries score in a red v.
yes thats right, not fulltime dummy half, but in the right times

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A few people have mention Saab lack of form in 9's and trials as a reason for non selection. Fair enough. I think he was solid on the weekend with a nice runaway try.
What has Dufty done to gain selection.
He was dropped late last year. Played a game at FB and centre and his last two games were on the wing. All performances were lackluster and he looked like he didnt want to be there.
Has not played a game since....
He must have had a cracker off season I'm not too sure as to the inner workings of the side. Im sure its not a lone Mary decision though. He and Flanno must have discussed it. Maybe they feel Saab needs a few weeks against men. Im not sure, I just hope they don't push him out. Personally id go with him to keep continuity at the back and give him a bit more of a run but as I said I don't know what happened behind the scenes. Maybe Rava and Dufty went really well and Saab struggled? This season might only last a few weeks though so why not give some of the young guns a go with no crowd pressure to build up the confidence.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I get that you’re being rational, and I am clearly pissed. But even rationally I can’t agree.

Moving a spine player to the wing to cover an injury is unheard of. Lomax has been dropped.

Yes- full-back is now easily the most demanding of the back five positions and players need time to adjust- at Souths, Inglis, Johnston and now MItchell have struggled or in Mitchell's case are struggling with the demands of it. The Storm have tried multiple players in the position since Slater retired. If a player like Dufty has played full-back, he can play wing but moving back the other way is no where near as easy- and he has failed consistently at FB in previous seasons.
Lomax should never have been dropped- in the amended words of Henry II, will no one rid me of this meddlesome coach?

SBD82

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised to see the classic 11th hour trickster change that Mary loves and has been doing for years - Lomax to FB, Dufty out, and the prodigal son Aitken back in to loosen up defence in those centres with Lafai on a wing or vice versa.
You could very well be right.

I’m not sure what would piss me off more. The f**king stupid decision that he has made with the lineup now. Or the smarmy look on his stupid face if he does what you’ve said.

This Year?

Immortal
I wouldn't be surprised to see the classic 11th hour trickster change that Mary loves and has been doing for years - Lomax to FB, Dufty out, and the prodigal son Aitken back in to loosen up defence in those centres with Lafai on a wing or vice versa.

You could very well be right.

I’m not sure what would piss me off more. The f**king stupid decision that he has made with the lineup now. Or the smarmy look on his stupid face if he does what you’ve said.

I can totally see this happening and I can totally see myself throwing my remote through the TV when Aitken rushes out of the line and Hunt gets a season ending injury after being trampled by Kikau when he scores a try.

source.gif

possm

Coach
It looks like the end of Mary is near. I only hope that it is Sheppard to be interim coach.

possm

Coach
The comp may be suspended for a few weeks after game 2. Mary going for the win to say..look we are in the 8. But the Panthers have other ideas.
Dont worry it is a smokescreen for something else.
We just won't win with Dufty at fullback and Aiken at right centre. None of this makes sense to me.

Latest posts