What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

franklin2323

Immortal
You have been whining a lot, so what do you actually propose?

30 days no flights in or out. Go with a lockdown so those cases here don't spread

leaves everything to get back to normal in May. Allows you to plan things instead of taking it day by day like atm I have no idea if I was to take the kids out of school how long it would be. Same too if I took time off work and would be the case for pretty much everyone right now

unforgiven

Bench
30 days no flights in or out. Go with a lockdown so those cases here don't spread

leaves everything to get back to normal in May. Allows you to plan things instead of taking it day by day like atm I have no idea if I was to take the kids out of school how long it would be. Same too if I took time off work and would be the case for pretty much everyone right now
Well you do now, as the PM just said whatever we do we need to do for 6 months! So your lockdown would be 6 months!

franklin2323

Immortal
Because it takes one case to get us back to this point again! Not one of the medical experts pushed for a lockdown!

You gone outside recently. It is like a ghost town anyway now they say 6 months of it.
If it achieves nothing why has other countries done that very thing?

unforgiven

Bench
You gone outside recently. It is like a ghost town anyway now they say 6 months of it.
We could have a lockdown, get the new case level to practically 0% and then it takes 1 person not doing the right thing and we are back in lockdown!

unforgiven

Bench
And yes it will be 6 months! No pubs or clubs for 6 months! No church or attending footy for 6 months!

This is why they are not closing down the schools as it is not sustainable!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its hard to see ANZ going ahead anytime in near future. State Govt will want the money for stimulus that is much broader than the few hundred construction workers on the site. Cant blame them this time.

$800m stimulus doesn’t get you far full stop. What they’re doing is trying to make it look like they’re doing something without actually doing much at all. A real stimulus would be tens of billions, $800m isn’t changing much.

siv

First Grade

And then on Jun 11 someone gets sick ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
$800m stimulus doesn’t get you far full stop. What they’re doing is trying to make it look like they’re doing something without actually doing much at all. A real stimulus would be tens of billions, $800m isn’t changing much.

Its a decent whack on top of what ever else they can chuck at it at a state level to compliment the $billions flowing from feds. For me this is a great opportunity to reset the stadium strategy.

Leave ANZ as is, its fine for finals and big events, sht for club events so deal with that issue
Reduce Allianz a bit to say 40k and shave the cost
Launch three new stadium projects - Upgrade Panthers, new bankwest style stadium in South for Sharks and Dragons and new stadium in SW for Bulldogs and Tigers.

You get 4 major build projects meaning more jobs and financial stimulus and you have sorted out every NRL club in Sydney bar Manly who tbh there is no answer for and probably save a bit that you can use for something else the voters will be happy about.

And then on Jun 11 someone gets sick ?

Indeed. I posted this elsewhere (may have missed this thread) but for people like Franklin this is what was said by the Federal Chief medical Officer at the Prime Minister's press conference this morning (courtesy of the ABC) -

A recap: Lockdown not a sustainable approach, says chief medical officer

From the earlier press conference with the Prime Minister, chief medical officer Prof Brendan Murphy reiterated Scott Morrison's remarks that a lockdown is not in the offing right now.

"Social distancing is really important to prevent transmission in the community of this virus over the coming months. But to be clear - a short-term 2-4 week shutdown of society is not recommended by any of our experts.

"It does not achieve anything. We have to be in this for the long haul.

"As the Prime Minister said, it could be six months or more that we have to practice these new ways of interacting. So therefore, our measures have to be sustainable.

"There is no way that we can lock down society and make everyone stay home and then in a month's time, undo that, because the virus will just flare up again without any real long-term benefit.

"So we have to have sustainable measures, but they have to be serious measures. They have to be effective."

92f95e14-bc2d-44a4-8acd-1cc94717dfa7.jpg

James Maasdorp about 2 hours agoWed 18 Mar 2020, 12:41pm (Updated: about 2 hours agoWed 18 Mar 2020, 12:56pm)

A 2 or 4 week lockdown does not ensure the virus will have burnt itself out.

This is what the NSW Department of Health have to say about school closures and why they are recommending against it at this time - https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/covid-19-schools.aspx

Latest posts