What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There will no Tests this year right?

Burns

First Grade
*dramatic thread warning*

But like, they're not going to go ahead are they?

If the game is going to lose all this money due a forthcoming season played with no fans - how could the Tests be bankrolled? If the season is suspended, and pushed back into October e.g. - The pose season Tests might be abandoned?

Just sad all around really about all this.

I hadn't even thought of this - no Origin :oops: this gets really messy considering it is the NRL cash-cow, channel 9's ratings guarantee and Adelaide paid a sh!t load of money to host a game this year.
The Ashes and Origin should be played this year, and obviously have a Grand Final. And fit in as many regular season matches as possible before September. The Ashes I'm guessing is really important to the RFL.

blue bags

First Grade
how can the RFL help
There will no Tests this year right?

tests for corolla virus, thats a yes

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
The Ashes and Origin should be played this year, and obviously have a Grand Final. And fit in as many regular season matches as possible before September. The Ashes I'm guessing is really important to the RFL.

I doubt the money involved in the ashes is anything compared to the money they get from sky for super league.

I doubt the money involved in the ashes is anything compared to the money they get from sky for super league.
The RFL don't get the money from Sky, Elstone and SL do. Besides it's a matter of principle, the right thing to do is to try and ensure the Ashes goes ahead this yr.

blue bags

First Grade
i would love all tours , tests , ashes , 4 nations, and all that to go on, but ORIGIN is 1st

Pommy

Coach
The RFL don't get the money from Sky, Elstone and SL do. Besides it's a matter of principle, the right thing to do is to try and ensure the Ashes goes ahead this yr.

why is that the right thing to do? So the RFL get no money from the TV deal? I find that very hard to believe.
The right thing to do is make sure the clubs are financially viable going forward, that means playing games international games are a luxury at this point.

Burns

First Grade
Just wanted to see Tonga okay New Zealand, and Australia tour England. Still sad about this.

blue bags

First Grade
tests this year, mmmm i would guess , that it would be very unlikely , im afraid, and sorry , but dont give up hope , we just dont know as yet , anything could happen at the moment, a shortened season, and full tests series tours in the end of year . fulfill all our commitments, just in a modified way . we all need to raise the cash , this corolla virus bug could go away to under the rock it crawled from, then the season can get full on , what you say about that

adamkungl

Immortal
Brent Read is saying on Twitter that it is very likely the Kangaroo tour and all tests involving NRL will be cancelled as of tomorrow.
All will be sacrificed to give NRL and Origin maximum chances of going ahead.

It's hard to see how international sport can continue at the moment and my personal opinion is that this will drag late into the year.
But I would hope that on the chance things are better by October that these could be given the chance to go ahead. Cancelling them this early is unfortunate.

Pommy

Coach
tests this year, mmmm i would guess , that it would be very unlikely , im afraid, and sorry , but dont give up hope , we just dont know as yet , anything could happen at the moment, a shortened season, and full tests series tours in the end of year . fulfill all our commitments, just in a modified way . we all need to raise the cash , this corolla virus bug could go away to under the rock it crawled from, then the season can get full on , what you say about that

I would say there’s more chance of me waking up to find red rum in my garden.