What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news on our new CEO

denis preston

First Grade
Looking at Mr Webb’s LinkedIn page, it’s very clear that he doesn’t stay at one place of employment for very long....no chance of any long service leave, that’s for sure.

Thats a plus for me. There a short time means he doesn't form alliances & friendships that would hinder what he really needs to do.He has a impressive resume and think he would have learnt a lot about rugby league in his tigers job.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With Ryan Webb in contention for the top job. What slogans are we going to come up with when we can’t win a gf in 2 years? Webb is a pleb, Webb of lies? I don’t know I got nothing maybe he’s a keeper.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Thats a plus for me. There a short time means he doesn't form alliances & friendships that would hinder what he really needs to do.He has a impressive resume and think he would have learnt a lot about rugby league in his tigers job.

His predecessor’s LinkedIn page has a far greater width of experiences than Webb. Of course, being older gives me an advantage in this regard.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Applications for the CEO job closed on 18 December last year: three months ago. What is holding up an announcement of the successful applicant with the season already under way?

Be patient buddy.
As like the previous time, the board have instigated a world wide search.
We don't want just any old ex footy / farmer applying, we want the best qualified candidate!

Last edited:

Bench
Ieema was in for the job when BJ was appointed. On Facebook Ieema was asked if he had applied he wouldn’t say yes or no

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Is BJ still with us?
Has he been sighted anytime of late?
Has anyone check the Death Notices or alike?
Is his bank account still active?
Are the Gordons still paying him?
Does he know what all other CEO's do?
Does BJ know how to open his mouth and talk?

Try it!

giphy.gif

George Dragon

Juniors
Webb named as Dragons' new chief executive

Wed 18 Mar 2020, 04:00 PM
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today announced Ryan Webb as the club's new chief executive officer.

Webb's appointment concludes an all-encompassing four-month process following Brian Johnston's decision in November to step away from the role.

Webb has 15 years of extensive sports business experience across the NRL and the AFL, having previously worked as chief operating officer of the Wests Tigers and in a number of commercial and marketing capacities at the Western Bulldogs, Victorian Country Football League and AFL Victoria.

More recently Webb has been the chief executive of Zukaz – a digital marketing, location-based, augmented reality phone application.

Among his other achievements, Webb has also successfully earned a Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) and Masters of Business Administration.

"This opportunity is an absolute privilege and I'm really excited to be here," Webb said.

"Becoming the chief executive of the Dragons is a great chance to leverage all the skills I've acquired over the past 15 years and bring them all together to help St George Illawarra become the powerhouse it should be.

"There are challenges we'll have to face from the beginning. Whether that be off the field with the Jack de Belin matter, any football department matters that arise as well as the COVID-19 pandemic."

Webb will commence his role as St George Illawarra chief executive in April.
https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/03/18/webb-named-as-dragons-new-chief-executive/

Latest posts