What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Springs09

Juniors
6 Underground - worst movie of 2019 I've seen. Michael Bay + Netflix is not a good match. Pretty much Michael Bay unrestricted, which is not good. 3/10

Hellboy (2019) - pointless. A nothing movie. 3.5/10

Paradise Lost - excellent documentary telling events purely through those experiencing it at the time. 8/10

Matua

Bench
6 Underground - worst movie of 2019 I've seen. Michael Bay + Netflix is not a good match. Pretty much Michael Bay unrestricted, which is not good. 3/10
I started watching this, I fell asleep while there was a car chase going on, I woke up and the car chase was still going. I watched 10 more minutes. It was unwatchable. How can you make Ryan Reynolds completely unwatchable? How can you make The Rock and this?

King hit

Coach
Holmes and Watson.

please everybody avoid this film at all costs. One of the most painfully unfunny movies I’ve ever seen. And this is coming from a big Will Ferrell fan. Only 20 minutes left, can’t wait for it to finish it’s been absolute torture.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
War Machine.

Even better on second viewing.

Kudos to Russell Crowe for a quality 10 second cameo.

Springs09

Juniors
Ma - average movie about revenge, not scary. 5.5/10
Ocean's Eight - A generic heist movie with women in all the major roles is still a generic heist movie. 4/10

vvvrulz

Coach
Uncut Gems 7.5/10 - A whirlwind ride featuring an inspired & profanity-filled Adam Sandler. He finds range I've never seen as the motor mouthed and perpetually doomed jeweller trying to spin a dozen plates and entertainingly making a hash of every one. Great if you're in the mood for watching chaos unfold.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Streamed The Invisible Man at home today thanks to the coronavirus quarantine. It was a really good, tense little thriller with some fun twists and turns.

8/10

Reactions: PJ
Uncut Gems 7.5/10 - A whirlwind ride featuring an inspired & profanity-filled Adam Sandler. He finds range I've never seen as the motor mouthed and perpetually doomed jeweller trying to spin a dozen plates and entertainingly making a hash of every one. Great if you're in the mood for watching chaos unfold.

Im keen to watch this.

Color out of space
It's mesmerising watching the Nick Cage decline ..like a train wreck ..you know it's going to be bad but you can't tear your eyes away .
Lol as for the movie
Could have been a good movie but falls short .
5/10

nöyd

Staff member
In the Line of Fire

Good movie, great in fact. Just struggling with believing that the counterfeiter at the start of the film would not recognise that Clint is a Secret Service agent, given that a major plot point is that he is "the only active agent to have ever lost a President". Wouldn't that come with a certain degree of noteriety?

PJ

First Grade
Invisible Man. 7.5 Enjoyable thriller with a few twists. As usual Elizabeth Moss very good.

Matua

Bench
I Am Mother: An Australian Netflix film about a child raised by a robot after an extinction event. Decent sci fi film.

Your Name: Much hyped animation that did huge box office in Asia when it came out. Kind of a body swap. Was decent, although I thought it could have done with a better edit.

vvvrulz

Coach
Due Date 5/10 - Ever wondered what a road trip with Tony Stark and Alan from Hangover would be like? Yeah me neither. This is an uninspired money grab where both leads it seems wandered off their respective superior sets and turned up here to improv for a couple of hours. In the end it only serves as a reminder of vastly superior 'oddball bromance road trip' tropes, namely Midnight Run and Planes Trains & Automobiles. Downey Jnr and Galifianakis deliver their weak lines gamely enough and promptly clock out.

The Hitmans Bodyguard 5/10 - You go in knowing this is buddy-action-movie junk food, but even then it misses badly. Despite Reynolds and Samuel L trying to muster up every ounce of themselves, the completely generic and predictable plot kills all joy and you're left with a series of overlong and surprisingly boring chases, complete with infinite ammo cheat on. Gary Oldman turns on an accent and that's about it, while Salma Hayek is wasted in five minutes of what little enjoyable screen time there is.

The Bourne Legacy 6.5/10 - It doesn't feel like a Bourne movie, which works for me given I couldn't stand the Greengrass shaky-cam nonsense. Renner outshines Damon's mopey blank performance, and along with Weisz elevate the formulaic material. Disappointing to see Edward Norton reduced to standing around yelling at screens. Not a bad way to pass a couple of hours.

Matua

Bench
The Bourne Legacy 6.5/10 - It doesn't feel like a Bourne movie, which works for me given I couldn't stand the Greengrass shaky-cam nonsense. Renner outshines Damon's mopey blank performance, and along with Weisz elevate the formulaic material. Disappointing to see Edward Norton reduced to standing around yelling at screens. Not a bad way to pass a couple of hours.
I would like to see this version of The Bourne Legacy because the version I saw was utter bollocks. I don't want to see Bourne movie with a B grade Damon and I'm genuinely surprised you watched it as you seem to have a distain for the rest of the franchise.

Ah well, each to their own.

vvvrulz

Coach
I would like to see this version of The Bourne Legacy because the version I saw was utter bollocks. I don't want to see Bourne movie with a B grade Damon and I'm genuinely surprised you watched it as you seem to have a distain for the rest of the franchise.

Ah well, each to their own.

I was looking for a light action movie to pass time, Legacy did that.

The Bourne Identity was a solid enough action movie, but I have real problems with the Greengrass style of shake, jump, spin, cut, shake, repeat. You couldn't see what the hell was going on and worse, it spawned that style of filming for action scenes ever since.

Damon's a fine actor, but there was very little acting in those two movies.

I have no problem with Renner, he probably couldn't do a Thomas Ripley but I wouldn't consider him B grade at all and he did well with what little he was given. Being saddled with a character as lame as Hawkeye probably didn't help his career (similar to Anthony Mackie).

Matua

Bench
I was looking for a light action movie to pass time, Legacy did that.

The Bourne Identity was a solid enough action movie, but I have real problems with the Greengrass style of shake, jump, spin, cut, shake, repeat. You couldn't see what the hell was going on and worse, it spawned that style of filming for action scenes ever since.

Damon's a fine actor, but there was very little acting in those two movies.

I have no problem with Renner, he probably couldn't do a Thomas Ripley but I wouldn't consider him B grade at all and he did well with what little he was given. Being saddled with a character as lame as Hawkeye probably didn't help his career (similar to Anthony Mackie).
I find Renner really vanilla. I remember when he got hyped due to the Hurt Locker and I spent the whole time thinking how much better other actors would be in that role. I quite liked him in Wind River even though I think that movie is way over hyped.

Identity is my favourite but I liked the Greengrass ones, that style is of its time though and I get annoyed when recent movies do it much like you.

I saw Supremacy in the cinema, I may have enjoyed it more if I just watched it at home.

vvvrulz

Coach
I find Renner really vanilla. I remember when he got hyped due to the Hurt Locker and I spent the whole time thinking how much better other actors would be in that role. I quite liked him in Wind River even though I think that movie is way over hyped.

Haven't seen either but want to, I'm going on The Town, American Hustle and Tag, Renner was quite good in all three.

Latest posts