What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V West Tigers

Old Timer

Coach
I call it faul play when a player is held back or pushed by an opposition defender. If the incident was closer to the half way line and no try on, it would have been a penalty just as in the same way if it was a high tackle it would be a penalty.
But none of your scenarios have a try awarded when in fact one wasn’t scored so awarding the try is like a double penalty

It was refreshing to see 2014’s game plan hasn’t changed.

It’s still not working, just refreshing to see McIdiot still sticking with something he knows well.
It worked in the Illawarra bush league - 3 premierships.
Apparently the board saw that as enough qualifications to coach FG NRL.
Hasn't worked but still they persevere.
McGregor is just not up to it and never has been.
Board has a lot to answer for.
Longest serving coach in the history of this great club?
The rugby league world is laughing it's head off.
The media support is nothing short of fraudulent.
After the board, they are next most responsible.

redVinme

Juniors
We only get off the line quickly when we have them pinned in their 20. Line speed non existent otherwise apart from the odd bloke shooting out of the line without telling anyone else he doing it.

Who is the forward leader in the middle setting the line speed? It's only marginally better when Mcinnes plays so someone needs to tell everyone jdb is gone for two years and probably forever. Who puts their hand up.

I'd put Tyrell at lock imo. All energy and effort. Will drag the line up. Hits hard and runs good tight lines which is perfect for lock. Yeh he's small but it's not like anyone is screaming out

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Is not a penalty try supposed to be an 8 point try? It was in 1999 GF.

Penalty try = try would have been scored if infringment had not happened.

8 point try = foul play after try is scored, so conversion plus penalty kick at goal

EDIT (directly from NRL laws on NRL.com)

Penalty Try Further, if circumstances warrant it: ‘The Referee (or Review Officials) may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team. A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts irrespective of where the offence occurred.’

Possible Eight Point Try If a player fouls an opponent who is touching down for a try, a penalty kick at goal shall be taken from in front of the goal posts after the attempt to convert the try. Section 13 (9) Touching down includes: a. In the act of scoring; and b. Until the try scorer regains his feet

https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/operations/documentation/nrl-laws-and-interpretations-2019-final.pdf

Last edited:

possm

Coach
It worked in the Illawarra bush league - 3 premierships.
Apparently the board saw that as enough qualifications to coach FG NRL.
Hasn't worked but still they persevere.
McGregor is just not up to it and never has been.
Board has a lot to answer for.
Longest serving coach in the history of this great club?
The rugby league world is laughing it's head off.
The media support is nothing short of fraudulent.
After the board, they are next most responsible.
Gould had the chance of addresing this problem but chose to do otherwise even though he sacked Griffin who made the semi-final. As far as I am concerned Gould. as far as I'm concerned, will always be a person without integrety. I used to like him but can't stand him these days.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Anyone else thought Lafai played okay on the weekend? He's no Gasnier but he is certainly a step up from Aitken. Still wouldn't resign him unless its on low money as a backup but credit where credit is due.

sa1nt5

Juniors
No he is too slow for the flanks now. Takes an age to get motoring as always appear to be flat footed.
Of course he appears flat footed our attack line is always flat and therefore pedestrian, over the years it didn’t really matter if Gaz or Cooper came in flat or at speed Gaz had the step and Cooper the strength to ameliorate the problem. Tingha always had his own game plan. The Moz boys could accelerate like a Bugatti, Gypsy could bob and weave his way out of a straight jacket. One can only conclude McGregor a former Australian and NSW representative three quarter attained that status due to lack of choice and because he is just such a good bloke or maybe Rod Wishart emitted enough credibility for two.
He can’t even buy clue as to how to fix our backline. I believe Dufty is once again named as fullback. Shaking my head!!

possm

Coach
Of course he appears flat footed our attack line is always flat and therefore pedestrian, over the years it didn’t really matter if Gaz or Cooper came in flat or at speed Gaz had the step and Cooper the strength to ameliorate the problem. Tingha always had his own game plan. The Moz boys could accelerate like a Bugatti, Gypsy could bob and weave his way out of a straight jacket. One can only conclude McGregor a former Australian and NSW representative three quarter attained that status due to lack of choice and because he is just such a good bloke or maybe Rod Wishart emitted enough credibility for two.
He can’t even buy clue as to how to fix our backline. I believe Dufty is once again named as fullback. Shaking my head!!
Mary is a good example of the old addige 'a good student does not necessarily make a good teacher.

I'd say Dufty is shaking in his boots and will make a real mess of it against the Panters.

Latest posts