What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think I'll grab someone like TP and walk circles around the ground during the game in my cap face mask shorts and thongs, I'll let out some encouragements when required ,dab some hand sanitizer on any ball I find . Willow if you could arrange a Mr Whippy van a great day could still be had
I must insist on social distancing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Another email update...

Due to these 'unprecedented times', we season ticket holders are being offered a Kayo subscription. It's not free. It costs $5.00 for two months, which apparently is a good deal but a cost just the same. Are the NRL and Kayosports (a Foxtel subsidiary) doing a promotion here?

But hey, I'm happy because I'm helping the battlers.

Firstly, we want to thank you for your ongoing support of our club and continued patience through what is an unprecedented time for us all. We appreciate that you have a range of questions around the club and your Ticketed Membership. We continue to work with the NRL and other clubs on these questions. While significant impact on the season is likely, we are not yet in a position to understand exactly how it will change. Once the impact to the season is known, we will be in touch with you further around the impact on your membership.

While we wait for this to become clear, we will keep you updated on the situation and activity around your club. In recognition of your support, Kayo are providing an offer that gives you access across the weekend and over the next two months.

There's more but it kind of turns into a promotion after that.

avocado

Juniors
Another email update...

Due to these 'unprecedented times', we season ticket holders are being offered a Kayo subscription. It's not free. It costs $5.00 for two months, which apparently is a good deal but a cost just the same. Are the NRL and Kayosports (a Foxtel subsidiary) doing a promotion here?

But hey, I'm happy because I'm helping the battlers.

Firstly, we want to thank you for your ongoing support of our club and continued patience through what is an unprecedented time for us all. We appreciate that you have a range of questions around the club and your Ticketed Membership. We continue to work with the NRL and other clubs on these questions. While significant impact on the season is likely, we are not yet in a position to understand exactly how it will change. Once the impact to the season is known, we will be in touch with you further around the impact on your membership.

While we wait for this to become clear, we will keep you updated on the situation and activity around your club. In recognition of your support, Kayo are providing an offer that gives you access across the weekend and over the next two months.

There's more but it kind of turns into a promotion after that.
$5 for two months of Kayo is well worth it. I think AFL are offering it to members for free.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
$5 for two months of Kayo is well worth it. I think AFL are offering it to members for free.
Yes, they are being extremely generous. Major charities take note.

$5 makes a difference. I for one will run out and buy a loaf of bread in celebration of this momentous ocassion.

Season ticket holders are being told to not even ask the question, while single game ticket holders receive a refund. No one will answer your phone calls or emails. So don't bother and shame upon those who think about it.

For the patriots and moral guardians amongst us, to question this act of charity shows a lack of gratitude and is downright un-Australian.

I will not be taking advantage of this kind offer of $5 and will continue to pay full price for my already purchased Kayo account. Just doing my bit to help the industry.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Now you two, you know I can’t stand snide bickering on here.

On a side note, wondering if Fox are planning to do away with fox sports overall from a content generation point of view?

They’ve sacked a heap of sports journos, dropped a number of tv shows from fox league and are plugging the bejesus out of Kayo as a broadcaster..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Who’s bickering?
Matt Bickering.

Played with us in 2006.

images

mickeylane

Bench
Geez it’s hard watching a game without the fans and the noise... soulless and totally disinteresting spectacle.. honestly like watching grass grow!

NRL should pull the pin before the game turns off thousands of fans...

blue bags

First Grade
Geez it’s hard watching a game without the fans and the noise... soulless and totally disinteresting spectacle.. honestly like watching grass grow!

keep the season going on tv , keep on keeping on, its only temporary

Coffs dragon

Bench
It was hard to watch indeed. Tonight I think I’ll try with no sound as the commentary is woeful. Netflix and Stan will be the biggest winners here until the world returns to normal.

Dracarys

Juniors
It was hard to watch indeed. Tonight I think I’ll try with no sound as the commentary is woeful. Netflix and Stan will be the biggest winners here until the world returns to normal.
Sound down is a very good idea. Play some music in the background and pretend you're in a noisy pub!
Mind you I'm sure the advertisers will be looking at the ratings closely. Can't see them putting up their money if they crash.

Mary can’t use this as an excuse. We had the lowest home crowds last year.
Should affect the AFL experience more as they are used to playing in front of big crowds. Last night NRL game was just like listening to a bush footy game.

gregstar

Referee
Jowls is a genius!

He obviously saw this pandemic coming in 2019 and started isolating the team from the competition last year.

Kudos you obese-headed f..Ck.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Do you need the crowd noise to tell you when something good or bad has happened on the field? Some folks go to the football just to see how the players and your team go.

I often turn down the sound anyway.

As for the game last night, it fell away in the second half due to poor handling. Low completion rates for Canterbury in particular led to a drop in intensity.

I don't think the fear of you making a wrong prediction is good enough reason to cancel the season. No one is forcing you to watch Mickey.