What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Knights @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gordsy

Juniors
If the season gets cancelled I have doubts that footy exists anymore, well not as we know it anyway.
I reckon we'd go the way of the Nfl and have privately owned teams for the most part with some fan owned teams, ala the Packers.

Tiger05

First Grade
If the season gets cancelled I have doubts that footy exists anymore, well not as we know it anyway.
I reckon we'd go the way of the Nfl and have privately owned teams for the most part with some fan owned teams, ala the Packers.

I worry about people in general. I reckon you are being too dramatic as well. I'm a saver and I'm going to be okay even if we lose our jobs. I think my wife will quit her job. People in general though just spend money and unfortunately businesses do as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought the franchises were basically privately owned, barring a few the NRL are propping up?
Most are clubs with members who run there own shit, the NRL pays them some monies from TV (etc) rights, which they should and the rest comes from there club & sponsors.
However I do think some of the crazy shit they spend on will/may go? E.G. I am not sure if the woman's comp is paying there way etc.

Tigerm

First Grade
I see Manly and Easts are playing at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday (That is strange?), I hope we clean it so they don't leave us any presents (cough, cough, sniffle phlegm):)

Vic Mackey

Referee
With the Grant/Momo swap seemingly happening Monday my guess is MCK will come onto the bench for Momo. I can’t imagine Maguire risking him getting injured and the whole thing falling apart

The unknown

Juniors
With the Grant/Momo swap seemingly happening Monday my guess is MCK will come onto the bench for Momo. I can’t imagine Maguire risking him getting injured and the whole thing falling apart

Same team that beat Dragons imo. Everyone will be better for the run, especially Walters and Reynolds

Can’t see Thompson having a shocker as bad as that again

And surely we don’t concede a penalty try in the first 2 minutes aswell as drop the ball like 4 times in 10 minutes

Das Hassler

Bench
Same team that beat Dragons imo. Everyone will be better for the run, especially Walters and Reynolds

Can’t see Thompson having a shocker as bad as that again

And surely we don’t concede a penalty try in the first 2 minutes aswell as drop the ball like 4 times in 10 minutes

Plus we will have a home crowd....the folks in the houses in the SE corner....

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m finding it really hard to get up for this game. Last week was fine but this week is different. Maybe once kick happens it will change but I’m kinda looking at it and thinking ‘what’s the point?’

Whether we win or lose I doubt it’s going to matter in the coming weeks

The unknown

Juniors
Even in last nights game the players didn’t really seem into it when they scored tries.

It would be insanely tough for them too, but then again they just went through a gruelling pre season in one of the hottest summers on record so it might be a good distraction for them

WA Tiger

Bench
I think we will switch over to game mode just before the game...coz we are hard core fans and we have the right to escape all this rubbish and enjoy the game for 80 minutes. I think the NRL are as committed as they can be to last the season out..Weather it’s all teams heading up north or whatever to me at least it is a possibility.That’ll do me for now.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
I thought the franchises were basically privately owned, barring a few the NRL are propping up?
Most are clubs with members who run there own shit, the NRL pays them some monies from TV (etc) rights, which they should and the rest comes from there club & sponsors.
However I do think some of the crazy shit they spend on will/may go? E.G. I am not sure if the woman's comp is paying there way etc.

Maybe but if clubs didn't have a grant over the cap then most if not all would be broke. The problem is the more money the game grows the players and clubs want 99% of it then whinge when the game has nothing in the bank. Rugby league has failed to attract people out of lounge rooms and pubs and into stadiums as well as turn fans into members. Until they do that, finally do meaningful work at grass roots levels and stop with the jobs for the boys and what's in it for me mentality we will always be a second tier sport in the Australian sporting landscape at a national and international level.

Legion

Juniors
You're not sure? The empty stands speak for themselves. No ones interested in watching a bunch of mainly overweight girls impersonating professional footy players.
They're a drain on resources.

The womens comp is nothing but part of the PC mindset so the NRL can use words like 'inclusive!' Yay!
It's all part of the Every child participates! Everyone's a winner! Every child gets a prize! mentality. Yay!

When do you think the cries will go out for equal pay?

gordsy

Juniors
Ahh the old equal pay for equal work debate. It never works in sport. Sport is a commercial venture where pay should be based on revenue generated. I remember when a young set of sisters with the surname Williams boasted they could beat any male outside of the top 200.
At the time I thought how shit must womens tennis be when they have to aim so low.
Anyway some bloke called Braasch who was ranked 202 at the time took up the challenge.
He smashed one sister 6-2 and pummeled the other one 6-1. With egg all over them they then changed the claim to men outside of the top 350. Women in tennis play best of 3 three sets. Men play best of 5. Equal pay for work done, sure, men get paid more, based on revenue, men get paid more.

Same with soccer in Australia. Remember when the matildas played school kids and got flogged 7-0
They then put it down to the boys being taller. It was just embarrassing for womens sport.

That said if womens rugby league can out rate the blokes then pay them more, same with any sport really. Until then, you get paid as a percentage of revenue. Simple really.

Oh a final note I'm sure I read somewhere that the US womens soccer team actually got paid a higher % of revenue compared to the guys, the guys just made more money overall so were paid more.
The women still bitched. Hahahaha.

Last edited:

Legion

Juniors
Ahh the old equal pay for equal work debate. It never works in sport. Sport is a commercial venture where pay should be based on revenue generated. I remember when a young set of sisters with the surname Williams boasted they could beat any male outside of the top 200.
At the time I thought how shit must womens tennis be when they have to aim so low.
Anyway some bloke called Braasch who was ranked 202 at the time took up the challenge.
He smashed one sister 6-2 and pummeled the other one 6-1. With egg all over them they then changed the claim to men outside of the top 350. Women in tennis play best of 3 three sets. Men play best of 5. Equal pay for work done, sure, men get paid more, based on revenue, men get paid more.

Same with soccer in Australia. Remember when the matildas played school kids and got flogged 7-0
They then put it down to the boys being taller. It was just embarrassing for womens sport.

That said if womens rugby league can out rate the blokes then pay them more, same with any sport really. Until then, you get paid as a percentage of revenue. Simple really.

Oh a final note I'm sure I read somewhere that the US womens soccer team actually got paid a higher % of revenue compared to the guys, they games just made more money overall so were paid more.
The women still bitched. Hahahaha.
Hadn't heard that about the Williams sisters before. [Sisters? Isn't the bulky one a bloke with boobs? #scratches head#] Doesn't surprise me.
The equal pay there is a joke ... but, they're being inclusive! yay!

What some politically correct snowflake will do, is try to push playing a womens game before a mens match in a double header, have it televised, then claim that the crowd who turns up to watch the mens game and the viewers who switch on their TVs 5 minutes before the girls game finishes as 'proof' that they've got a following and use that as an argument to push for equal pay .... because the NRL is inclusive! yay!

Now if they sign the girls up to Weight Watchers and have them play in volleyball outfits then they might actually draw a following. [To even dare to suggest that would be shouted down as 'misogynistic' and not PC]

Words like inclusive, equality have been twisted to suit PC speak. Political correctness is a Far-Left agenda which is eerily similar to Orwellian 'group-speak'.

Latest posts