What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Willow

Assistant Moderator
More bad news for you Mickey...

Warriors commit to remaining in Australia
Author
Corey Rosser
NRL.com reporter
Fri 20 Mar 2020, 08:16 AM

Warriors CEO Cameron George has announced captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and his team have reaffirmed their commitment to stay in Australia and continue in the 2020 NRL premiership in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.

Soon after the Australian and New Zealand governments had announced they would close their borders last night, George said the Warriors had met to confirm their desire to remain after spending this week in camp in Kingscliff in northern NSW before their second-round game against the Canberra Raiders in Robina on Saturday night.

They’ll now follow their "home" game at Cbus Super Stadium with a trip to Sydney to face the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Lottoland next Friday.

George said the players had demonstrated exceptional commitment to both the club and fans as well as the competition itself.

"It's really great to be able to stand here and advise the public and our fans and our sponsors that the team, along with their families, have made a decision with our support to stay in the competition, stand tall, stand proud," George said.

"I am just really proud of Roger and Stephen and the boys, and their families, for making this decision.

More: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/20/warriors-commit-to-remaining-in-australia/

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What would people gamble on if there was no NRL/AFL!?
No crowds, no atmosphere, no worries!
As long as people can bet.
I’ve got my side business muzbet.com

Given the sports market was saturated, I set it up specifically to bet on societal outcomes..

With every crisis comes opportunity - I’ve seen my web traffic grow by 400% over the last few weeks as sports have shut down.

My latest market has a camera set up facing down the toilet paper aisle of an unnamed supermarket. It’s a rather rapid fire game, which starts when the pallet of paper gets pulled down the aisle. you get to pick a customer to and bet whether or not they get a pack.

I’ve started up an exotics market off this game too where you can bet if your customer either elbows, or get elbowed by, another customer.

One of the other more popular markets is a camera I’ve got set up at an intersection in Sydney where you can bet on colours and makes of cars that drive by.

People are weird.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What would people gamble on if there was no NRL/AFL!?
No crowds, no atmosphere, no worries!
As long as people can bet.
Getting good odds that the coronvirus crisis will be over by June 30th.

mickeylane

Bench
More bad news for you Mickey...

Warriors commit to remaining in Australia
Author
Corey Rosser
NRL.com reporter
Fri 20 Mar 2020, 08:16 AM

Warriors CEO Cameron George has announced captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and his team have reaffirmed their commitment to stay in Australia and continue in the 2020 NRL premiership in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.

Soon after the Australian and New Zealand governments had announced they would close their borders last night, George said the Warriors had met to confirm their desire to remain after spending this week in camp in Kingscliff in northern NSW before their second-round game against the Canberra Raiders in Robina on Saturday night.

They’ll now follow their "home" game at Cbus Super Stadium with a trip to Sydney to face the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Lottoland next Friday.

George said the players had demonstrated exceptional commitment to both the club and fans as well as the competition itself.

"It's really great to be able to stand here and advise the public and our fans and our sponsors that the team, along with their families, have made a decision with our support to stay in the competition, stand tall, stand proud," George said.

"I am just really proud of Roger and Stephen and the boys, and their families, for making this decision.

More: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/20/warriors-commit-to-remaining-in-australia/

mickeylane

Bench
I don’t want the comp to be shut down but you know the NRL is one first grade playeraway from contracting the virus and the comp shuts down minimum 14 days .. what are the odds of that happening 5/4? You know the NRL is running the gauntlet because as of every round that gets played they pick to a $4m cheque.. Vlandys knows it’s most likely inevitable a player will contract the virus .

FlameThrower

Bench
NRL with no crowds is crap.
Ch9 and Fox need to add some crowd noise. Maybe less wide shots and more tighter shots. NRL is perfect for that, compared to AFL which needs wide angles.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lol.. did you just f**k up and reply to yourself instead of me?

You really are special.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
NRL with no crowds is crap.
Ch9 and Fox need to add some crowd noise. Maybe less wide shots and more tighter shots. NRL is perfect for that, compared to AFL which needs wide angles.
There's nothing crap about it from a player's perspective.

Seriously, who needs crowd noises to watch a game?

Do you understand what it's like to play the game? No issues if you don't. For most, it's nerves initially, but on the first run you don't hear anything other than what is happening on the field.

Players reach a certain level where the crowd is great, inspiring at times. But the game before them takes precedence.

Don't get me wrong, the fans are one of the major pillars to the game. But we can't ignore the other major pillars.