What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super league suspended

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Damn, i was hoping they could take advantage of the empty airspace.

Oh well, im sure they did it because they had to. Health comes first

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I know that health is the priority and that this can't be helped but damn! The SuperLeague had a real buzz around it this year and the game was looking up with the addition of Toronto and SBW - what bad luck :rolleyes:

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I know that health is the priority and that this can't be helped but damn! The SuperLeague had a real buzz around it this year and the game was looking up with the addition of Toronto and SBW - what bad luck :rolleyes:

Gives $BW time to get over a knee operation, Wolfpack would be happy the operation wasn't done in NZ otherwise $onny wouldn't be back for a month, 2 weeks here, 2 weeks there etc.

Inkers75

Juniors
Sadly I think it was only a matter of time after football decided to suspend all games until 3rd April on Friday.

Pommy

Coach
Sadly I think it was only a matter of time after football decided to suspend all games until 3rd April on Friday.

No way it’s only until then. I don’t see football starting again before August at least.
Who knows with league, I’m not even convinced most of these SL sides will survive a protracted layoff.

TDD91

Juniors
If it was an English only league, it'd probably still be going, whether that's right or wrong. The fact that Canada & France are essentially on lockdown forced the issue.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I worry for clubs, they arent rich dont have LC's to bail them out and RFL is broke so no help there. With no match day income its going to be tough for them.

deluded pom?

Coach
If it was an English only league, it'd probably still be going, whether that's right or wrong. The fact that Canada & France are essentially on lockdown forced the issue.
You may not have been allowed to attend even if the games went ahead.

blue bags

First Grade
please help us harry , and your gorgeous wife:p,

Archie will love rugby league, great game , great people

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I wonder what this will do to P&R....

Toulous Olympic (sp?) have a pretty good claim that they were shoe-ins to fet promotion, but the bottom few in SL will obviously claim they didn’t get a fair crack at getting off the bottom of the ladder.

I expect the current SL club to win the argument (assuming no one falls over financially), but it could be contentious.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
^^^^

In the end, covid19 might help the TWP...

They will avoid relegation on a technicality and have one more season of experience to form their combinations and harden their team.