What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Panthers

Belta

Juniors
It should happen but will it? Isaac has played better than expected imo however he isn't the stand out of the two. As others have said watching JG is just sad, if it was Africa he’d have a lion walking behind him ...... waiting.

How funny. Thats a good one. Id suspect hungry lions to be less forgiving than our Mary and they’d have him picked off well before the start of this season.

gitano

Juniors
Positives:
having a fullback who doesn't fumble everything and has some pace was nice.

Negatives:
Zac is a dud.
Lawrie and Merrin are interchangeable duds.
Our backrowers generally lack game with the ball.

redv13

Bench
Positives:
having a fullback who doesn't fumble everything and has some pace was nice.

Negatives:
Zac is a dud.
Lawrie and Merrin are interchangeable duds.
Our backrowers generally lack game with the ball.
Positives:
Euan the slug wasn’t there again and Mary is one step closer to the bullet then both him and your little mate can pi$$ off to Wests Illawarra and bum each other as much as they like

rasaint

Juniors
Tyson Frizzell is a top class player agreed. However he isn’t as good as some believe. I do hope he stays but please no overs he isn’t that good.

I hope we don’t panic ( anything $2 million tops for 3 seasons then let him go). I notice he almost scores try’s. makes good yards in general play but the stripe seems to elude him.

does anyone reckon he is worth $ 750 a season? I’d be interested why at 29 and JDB $600 this year. Apparent Mathewson to eels for $450k. If Tryell F stays healthy a great buy.

redv13

Bench
I love the Frizz and would be pi$$ed if he left but I honestly can’t blame him if he does, this fraudster of a coach has killed the best years of his career and why should he stick around and play battering ram each week

Dragon David

First Grade
Tyson Frizzell is a top class player agreed. However he isn’t as good as some believe. I do hope he stays but please no overs he isn’t that good.

I hope we don’t panic ( anything $2 million tops for 3 seasons then let him go). I notice he almost scores try’s. makes good yards in general play but the stripe seems to elude him.

does anyone reckon he is worth $ 750 a season? I’d be interested why at 29 and JDB $600 this year. Apparent Mathewson to eels for $450k. If Tryell F stays healthy a great buy.

There is a big difference between good and great. Tyson is good but not great and can be a little overrated at times. As fans of the Dragons we look at Tyson to do something that would excite us. I've mainly seen him do the charge and nothing much else. He tends to take a lot of tackles and hardly breaks the line and there is no offload. His defence can also be lacking.

Last year and again this year, we needed and need JDB. With his defence, we most probably would have won several more games last year and both of the games played so far this year. That is what is terribly laking with our defence - we just do not have an enforcer. Not only that, he could break the line in attack and offload. This is the biggest cause to our poor defence now in my opinion.

I, for the life of me just do not get why in attack the guys are not trying to offload to players such as Dufty and Williame? Surely offloads are part of their training skills? I know that it is difficult when you have tacklers holding your arms and body to wrap the ball up to make it difficult to offload, but surely there are many times that they would have practised this in training, surely??

possm

Coach
Fuimaono has a Beau Scott presence about him.. no nonsense.. hard as nails
Drop Lafai and put Fuimaono at right centre. With T Sims and him on the right edge it will be solid in both attack and defence.the combination of Williame and Frizell on the left edge will improve over thime. I just wish Mary did not keep asking Frizell to tun in and barge up the middle. Frizell is a very damaging runner when he runs on the very edge not up the middle. He should be running at halves and centres not props and backrowers.

blacksafake

First Grade
There is a big difference between good and great. Tyson is good but not great and can be a little overrated at times. As fans of the Dragons we look at Tyson to do something that would excite us. I've mainly seen him do the charge and nothing much else. He tends to take a lot of tackles and hardly breaks the line and there is no offload. His defence can also be lacking.

Last year and again this year, we needed and need JDB. With his defence, we most probably would have won several more games last year and both of the games played so far this year. That is what is terribly laking with our defence - we just do not have an enforcer. Not only that, he could break the line in attack and offload. This is the biggest cause to our poor defence now in my opinion.

I, for the life of me just do not get why in attack the guys are not trying to offload to players such as Dufty and Williame? Surely offloads are part of their training skills? I know that it is difficult when you have tacklers holding your arms and body to wrap the ball up to make it difficult to offload, but surely there are many times that they would have practised this in training, surely??
We are very poor in general skills.
Catch & pass is non existent.

Latest posts