What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN Corporation

SaintPauli

Juniors
Anyway wincorp are in a volatile business where business is up and down and hence their value is up and down. That seems to be reflecting now as most other clubs would have been sacked Mary. They just don't seem to have the spare $$$

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anyway wincorp are in a volatile business where business is up and down and hence their value is up and down. That seems to be reflecting now as most other clubs would have been sacked Mary. They just don't seem to have the spare $$$
Over what period are you talking about?

Yes, the market has crashed over the past few weeks, however this doesn’t reflect the 18 months prior when WIN were in control.

Are you criticising the resigning of uncle fester or the fact we don’t want to stump up the cash to sack him?

SaintPauli

Juniors
Over what period are you talking about?

Yes, the market has crashed over the past few weeks, however this doesn’t reflect the 18 months prior when WIN were in control.

Are you criticising the resigning of uncle fester or the fact we don’t want to stump up the cash to sack him?
The fact is uncle fester has failed too long and would not have lasted in any other nrl club. We came 2nd last in 2019 and will be close to last after this weekend after 2 home games. Yes the board is responsible to deal with an unsatisfactory club.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The fact is uncle fester has failed too long and would not have lasted in any other nrl club. We came 2nd last in 2019 and will be close to last after this weekend after 2 home games. Yes the board is responsible to deal with an unsatisfactory club.
So we agree, the shit result on field is half St. George’s fault as much as the other half..

Let’s stop pointing the finger of failure and start pointing at success.

SaintPauli

Juniors
So we agree, the shit result on field is half St. George’s fault as much as the other half..

Let’s stop pointing the finger of failure and start pointing at success.
Agree however if you dont eliminate failure you cannot have success.

redv13

Bench
Just stump up the cash and send this muppet on his way. When we become successful again in the near future and the crowds flock back life will be good again in Gordon world. You own WIN mate, surely you have a spare mil for this germ

RedVee

First Grade
Just stump up the cash and send this muppet on his way. When we become successful again in the near future and the crowds flock back life will be good again in Gordon world. You own WIN mate, surely you have a spare mil for this germ

Not sure Gordon became a Billionaire by handing out parcels of cash to others. I have a feeling that paying Mary out would stick in his craw a bit...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not sure Gordon became a Billionaire by handing out parcels of cash to others. I have a feeling that paying Mary out would stick in his craw a bit...
But but but.. St George were successful 70 years ago. They deserve the handout.

It’s their entitlement.

But but but.. St George were successful 70 years ago. They deserve the handout.

It’s their entitlement.

There u go again promoting disunity Muz

The JV would have to pay out Mary the Muppet not WIN.

If WIN were willing to pay 50% of the Mary payout, I am certain the “St George” supporters could/would raise the other half within a week. I have the first $1.000.00 sitting here ready to go.

In reality the only party that feels they are entitled is Paul McGregor because he is an Illawarra legend.

Those of us who support the JV and were formerly St George fans have experienced tremendous success from 1956 to 1996. The club constantly played finals footy by playing to a high standard.

We lament the woeful standards applied over the past 20 years with the exception of the Bennett years.

Fact.

As for WIN Corp, they bring nothing to the table at all.

Zero professionalism
Zero passion
Zero corporate governance
Zero ability to facilitate TPA’s
Zero sports club management history

The sooner WIN sells it’s interest in the JV to a party that believes in maintaining high standards across the entire spectrum of club activities, the happier we will all be.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There u go again promoting disunity Muz

The JV would have to pay out Mary the Muppet not WIN.

If WIN were willing to pay 50% of the Mary payout, I am certain the “St George” supporters could/would raise the other half within a week. I have the first $1.000.00 sitting here ready to go.

In reality the only party that feels they are entitled is Paul McGregor because he is an Illawarra legend.

Those of us who support the JV and were formerly St George fans have experienced tremendous success from 1956 to 1996. The club constantly played finals footy by playing to a high standard.

We lament the woeful standards applied over the past 20 years with the exception of the Bennett years.

Fact.

As for WIN Corp, they bring nothing to the table at all.

Zero professionalism
Zero passion
Zero corporate governance
Zero ability to facilitate TPA’s
Zero sports club management history

The sooner WIN sells it’s interest in the JV to a party that believes in maintaining high standards across the entire spectrum of club activities, the happier we will all be.
Sorry, who’s the one promoting disunity?

Curious why you classify the period from 1980 - 1996 as successful.

No titles were won.

Yes, there were finals played, but the only person I know of who considers making the finals a measure of success is Mary.

You’re not Mary, are you?

And why is it that WIN have to pay half your Mary’s payout, but St George would leave it up to the supporters to pay their half?

Once again, St George aren’t pulling their weight and you’ve just proven it.

RedVee

First Grade
Having WIN aboard gives us a chance of survival this year. IMO much more chance of WIN + St G Leagues covering 50% each of whatever the damage is than there was with Steelers / St G Leagues.
(Although in reality that may have ended up with WIN carrying the Steelers portion, or Sf G Leagues carrying 100%).

mind you, survival shouldn’t be regarded as a given.

Chungas revenge

Juniors
Sorry, who’s the one promoting disunity?

Curious why you classify the period from 1980 - 1996 as successful.

No titles were won.

Yes, there were finals played, but the only person I know of who considers making the finals a measure of success is Mary.

You’re not Mary, are you?

And why is it that WIN have to pay half your Mary’s payout, but St George would leave it up to the supporters to pay their half?

Once again, St George aren’t pulling their weight and you’ve just proven it.
From 1956 thru to 1996 the great Stgeorge Club won 13 premierships,played in18 Grand Finals,hard to beat.

At a time when the semi finals were precisely that, a contest of 4 teams. Not Mary's lets come 8th out of 16 teams. St. George was in the hunt and featured in semi final football nearly every year from 1956 to 1979. The club didn't fair well during the 1980s but during the 1990's we were a force.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Uncle Fester is still only in the job because of the old mates act

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
I have a serious question, it’s not intended to fan the flames or increase tension or arguments. I ask as those who have a better knowledge of the clubs workings may have a better idea than me.

What have WIN done ( to improve the club) since their buyout of 50% of the Illawarra side of the JV?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
From 1956 thru to 1996 the great Stgeorge Club won 13 premierships,played in18 Grand Finals,hard to beat.
That in no way shape or form answers my question of how St George can be considered successful from 1980 - 1996.

What silverware do they have to show for that period?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What have WIN done ( to improve the club) since their buyout of 50% of the Illawarra side of the JV?
Installed not just the first outsider as CEO, but the first non-St George old boy as CEO.

Clearing our debt is extremely important too as it takes the club out of the mercy of the NRL.

S.T.G

Bench
I’ve always stated
We have sold the club to the wrong people.
WIN are bigger losers then the Illawarra Steelers
They have brought Zero to this club.

Latest posts