What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Frenzy.

Immortal
Wow, there is a story going around on Farcebook that Scomo has kept his kids home for over a week.
If true, this thread may well be re-ignited.
Watch this space.

Well he has or he hasn't. He's actually allowed to be concerned as well IMO

Anyway, for the record. No child under 10 in Australia has contracted C19

The peak ages are in the people who don't use social distancing which includes trains, plains and automobiles. Cruise ships as well

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 10.10.19 am.png

Well he has or he hasn't. He's actually allowed to be concerned as well IMO

Anyway, for the record. No child under 10 in Australia has contracted C19

The peak ages are in the people who don't use social distancing which includes trains, plains and automobiles. Cruise ships as well

View attachment 36973
Of course he is allowed to be concerned, politically it's probably not the best move by telling every one else to keep sending their kids to school though, if it's true of course @Eion haha

Eion

First Grade
There’s a lot of kids going in and out of school at the moment as a precaution, I kept mine own home for a couple days last week because of a cold. They’re all good now so will go again on Monday.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Of course he is allowed to be concerned, politically it's probably not the best move by telling every one else to keep sending their kids to school though, if it's true of course @Eion haha

Yep, big if though.

Mark Riddell is home schooling. He is doing it for his 2 boys because his little 3 year old girl is a special needs child who has asthma and other chronic lung problems.

ScoMo isn't saying you HAVE to send the kids to school. It is still a choice till it is not a choice.

Other than little ones like Piggy's kid though children are extreme low risk. Better to keep them in school and contained and send in healthcare workers to screen them at the school.

I have staff who have pulled their little ones out of day care.

Day care!

Where half the kids have snotty noses and coughs and colds every day.

Frenzy.

Immortal
There’s a lot of kids going in and out of school at the moment as a precaution, I kept mine own home for a couple days last week because of a cold. They’re all good now so will go again on Monday.

And this is good and responsible management of a kid with symptoms. Sensible without hysteria. Good job Eion

Yep, big if though.

Mark Riddell is home schooling. He is doing it for his 2 boys because his little 3 year old girl is a special needs child who has asthma and other chronic lung problems.

ScoMo isn't saying you HAVE to send the kids to school. It is still a choice till it is not a choice.

Other than little ones like Piggy's kid though children are extreme low risk. Better to keep them in school and contained and send in healthcare workers to screen them at the school.

I have staff who have pulled their little ones out of day care.

Day care!

Where half the kids have snotty noses and coughs and colds every day.
I'm very far from a Scomo lover but I personally think he and his government have been handling this situation quite well, and I'm really sure the other job could not have done any better.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Agree and I despise anyone with the tile of politician. Him no more than the 6,000,000 of them LOL

Australia has risen to 20th highest affected country as of today but are still ahead of the curve. Skewed data though. No one has any idea about many countries.

carcharias

Immortal
The other party have been pretty quiet.
That shows that there not a lot else you can do... obviously the same old people will whinge about whatever Scomo does.

txta2

Bench
Archbishop is being blackmailed by government to continue with schools staying open. Meaning funding cuts to cathos if they close.
I give it less than a week before Sydney is shutdown.
The hoarders were right, no trust in this govnt.

Eion

First Grade
Archbishop is being blackmailed by government to continue with schools staying open. Meaning funding cuts to cathos if they close.
I give it less than a week before Sydney is shutdown.
The hoarders were right, no trust in this govnt.
Good if true. Toe the line of those who pay the bills...or go it alone. Their choice.

txta2

Bench
Good if true. Toe the line of those who pay the bills...or go it alone. Their choice.
Tax payers pay those bills. One week out from holidays and they are taking a gamble with people's lives.
Typical of a conservative right wing government.

Eion

First Grade
Tax payers pay those bills. One week out from holidays and they are taking a gamble with people's lives.
Typical of a conservative right wing government.
They’ll close soon enough. Following the best advice in a disciplined way. If that’s a conservative right wing government then I’ll have more the same thanks...though I suspect it wouldn’t be a lot different under labor.

carcharias

Immortal
FFS

what do you suggest txta?
I noticed Labour are dead f**king quiet .

Let’s hear your plan to save the world.... and still keep people fed and housed.

go

Frenzy.

Immortal
The pm banned all non essential interstate travel, so is the Football essential or non essential travel?

It's essential to the codes. It's however, extremely socially irresponsible now and both NRL and AFL are having their long term mismanagements of the respective games about to be uncovered

2021 salary cabin NRL will be about $2,000,000. Good luck

How do you get a 4 mtr square space to yourself on a plane?

Is the plane being used even terminally cleaned between flights?

Yesterday the same plane went Canberra - Gold Coast
Down to Melbourne empty to pick up Storm to get to Kogarah
Then back to Gold Coast to pick up Raiders and take them home.
Then back to Sydney to pick up Storm and take them home.

No time in all that for proper terminal cleaning

Every dressing room shot on TV after games showed 50, 60 or even 70 people in the rooms. Melbourne had at least 10 officials in one frame.

I actually find it hard to look at the NRL as a serious organisation. They are just self centred and desperate.

And they made their bed

Quicksilver

Bench
NSW and Vic looking to close restaurants and pubs from tonight.

Bit of a waste of time if all the kids are still going to school and dribbling over each other.

Quicksilver

Bench
It's essential to the codes. It's however, extremely socially irresponsible now and both NRL and AFL are having their long term mismanagements of the respective games about to be uncovered

2021 salary cabin NRL will be about $2,000,000. Good luck

How do you get a 4 mtr square space to yourself on a plane?

Is the plane being used even terminally cleaned between flights?

Yesterday the same plane went Canberra - Gold Coast
Down to Melbourne empty to pick up Storm to get to Kogarah
Then back to Gold Coast to pick up Raiders and take them home.
Then back to Sydney to pick up Storm and take them home.

No time in all that for proper terminal cleaning

Every dressing room shot on TV after games showed 50, 60 or even 70 people in the rooms. Melbourne had at least 10 officials in one frame.

I actually find it hard to look at the NRL as a serious organisation. They are just self centred and desperate.

And they made their bed

They should have made their isolation town if they wanted to keep going.