What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Raiders Rd 2 2020

Matua

Bench
He’s less of a rudder than an anchor... he might be solid but we’re going nowhere quick with him
There's a version of Green that would be perfect for this team ... that version was a few years ago now. He's an average head in a slow body not a good head in a slow body which is probably what we thought we were having.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There's a version of Green that would be perfect for this team ... that version was a few years ago now. He's an average head in a slow body not a good head in a slow body which is probably what we thought we were having.

2018 Green was a good pickup. He’s 2 years past it now.

BLN2

Juniors
Green was a good pick up 2 years ago because he was able to play what he he's good at, a supporting No 6 next to a good halfback (Johnson). He's now playing a "dominant halfback" role for the first time of his career, our main kicker/director. He's just not good at that. And he's lost his pace (probably worse for his defence than attack).

What makes it worse? We spent $600k a year on Kodi Nikorima, who basically has the same limits in his game.

I have a little more faith in our forward pack in the future now at least, with Katoa looking like the second rower we've been missing for the past 5 years, and JTB adding some size, has a good motor on him too. But it won't mean much without a cohesive backline.

I think we need Lawton on the bench, we need some punch. And dare I say it, Jazz Tevaga back to lock for his diversity and skill in the forwards. Paasi and Herbert back on board will also help. Fus back to the wing please (stupid f*cking idea to start with) when Herbert is back.