What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Knights @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cerberus

Coach
Hadn't heard that about the Williams sisters before. [Sisters? Isn't the bulky one a bloke with boobs? #scratches head#] Doesn't surprise me.
The equal pay there is a joke ... but, they're being inclusive! yay!

What some politically correct snowflake will do, is try to push playing a womens game before a mens match in a double header, have it televised, then claim that the crowd who turns up to watch the mens game and the viewers who switch on their TVs 5 minutes before the girls game finishes as 'proof' that they've got a following and use that as an argument to push for equal pay .... because the NRL is inclusive! yay!

Now if they sign the girls up to Weight Watchers and have them play in volleyball outfits then they might actually draw a following. [To even dare to suggest that would be shouted down as 'misogynistic' and not PC]

Words like inclusive, equality have been twisted to suit PC speak. Political correctness is a Far-Left agenda which is eerily similar to Orwellian 'group-speak'.

maybe you should take this conversation to the 4C forum .
this is a topic about todays game .
Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Knights @ Leichhardt Oval

Legion

Juniors
Looking forward to today. Hopefully the guys rip in.
Our boys will rip in. The Knights are a good team to face in round 2 while we're still finding our cohesion. They're not top 4 material but I expect them to make us earn the 2 points.
Should be a good match.

The unknown

Juniors
The knights are similar to us in terms of team progression. I think either us or them will sneak into the 8 come end of year so it’ll be a good match up, pumped

WA Tiger

Bench
I don’t know much about the changes to their team compared to last year, but if there’s not too many I thought we would kick their butts and jump into second place behind the Raiders

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Since we are banning non essential travel they reckon the afl and nrl seasons are bust. Enjoy todays game and see you next year lads.

Legion

Juniors
Since we are banning non essential travel they reckon the afl and nrl seasons are bust. Enjoy todays game and see you next year lads.
Doesn't that apply to commercial airline travel? Souths flew in a chartered flight to Brisbane so maybe chartered flights are exempt?

Would not the NRL consider other options before closing down the season?
Like having interstate teams and the Warriors base themselves in or close to Sydney to avoid excessive travel?

Greenburg would have just thrown his hands up and surrendered but V'Landy's made of sterner stuff. So I expect him to do everything possible to keep the season alive.

I think this game could end in tears for us. Let's face it, last week Saints beat themselves. We were good in the second half but any top 8 team would have had the game won by half time. With the Knights not able to get out on the piss all week, which from people I know who live up there say is part and parcel of their usual training regime, they will be ready. They have better players than us all the skill positions except 6.

I'm looking for a much improved performance from Thommo. The problem with having a bigger pack this year is that they'll feel it in the heat today. Hopefully Benji can put on another show in what could be his last ever game.

Go Tigers!

The Rosco

Bench
You'd hope that an actual whole week without our halfback will help us. The time to work Grub in with Benji would have to be a plus.
Newy beat the warriors that had a player binned first half, on a wet track.
You'd hope we have improved on last week.
Oh, and LOL@souffs

WA Tiger

Bench
You'd hope that an actual whole week without our halfback will help us. The time to work Grub in with Benji would have to be a plus.
Newy beat the warriors that had a player binned first half, on a wet track.
You'd hope we have improved on last week.
Oh, and LOL@souffs
I expect Grub to make himself indespensable in this game ..esp with his chip/ grubber kicks into the in goal for the TRY...Something Brooke’s can’t do under pressure..

gordsy

Juniors
Doesn't that apply to commercial airline travel? Souths flew in a chartered flight to Brisbane so maybe chartered flights are exempt?

Would not the NRL consider other options before closing down the season?
Like having interstate teams and the Warriors base themselves in or close to Sydney to avoid excessive travel?

Greenburg would have just thrown his hands up and surrendered but V'Landy's made of sterner stuff. So I expect him to do everything possible to keep the season alive.

My mistake mate. You are spot on. Part of me wants the season to get cancelled. Not because the games are flat etc but I hold hope that if it happens they game can be rebuilt from scratch, with private ownership who will see the run game the way it should be. The game would be a truly international game with team in as many states and territories with teams and comps across the pacific and a strong esl game too. The game would be the front running national game it should be and get rid of all the parasites both from a player and officialdom point of view.

simmo05

Bench
What could possibly be our final game of the year, let's out with a bang! Im going to get munted and yell at the tv!!

Tigerm

First Grade
What could possibly be our final game of the year, let's out with a bang! Im going to get munted and yell at the tv!!
Well, we are getting monstered and out played for the most part, but yes, I am yelling at the TV.