What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Pommy

Coach
The nearby hotel perhaps then?

Its a lot to ask of the players but atleast the players and their familys could be with each other and be isolated and the game could go on.

Will be interesting to see how this moves forward. Vlandys said today on the radio that there are contingencies if this happened. Enjoy the eels vs titans people because it may be the last game we could see for a while.

It depends on what the state announce tomorrow. We have no idea what they’re actually planning. If they’re going hard and it is just supermarkets, hospitals and cops going to work then there’s no chance.
If the plan is to just close schools, cafes, pubs, non food shops etc then maybe there’s a chance.

sempmrh

Juniors
I see the NRL are taking the Vince McMahon 'damn it, we're going ahead with WrestleMania with 80,000 international fans in the one location... unless the government shuts it down' approach.

Spoiler: the government shut it down.

Generalzod

Immortal
Watching the News Man where are in uncharted territory thousands are losing their jobs businesses are going under and the NRL want the comp to continue.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
More to do with the fact that if Vic, WA and SA close the borders, it becomes a tad hard to play a national comp.

Luckily our previous short-sightedness as a sport is helping us right now.

I'm almost 100 percent sure that's why the afl had to shut up shop

Pete Cash

Post Whore
So the NRL might move all the teams to central Queensland and bunk them up isolated from the outside world.

Wizardman

First Grade
As a Pom, where football is basically a religion and has been suspended till end of April, I'm amazed NRL think they can carry on. :scream:
The NRL's arrogance is breathtaking. With Victoria about to shut up shop, the Storm will have to make the same decision that the Warriors did. I seriously doubt they will be as soft as the Warriors are in staying for the NRL We already know Smith and Bellamy are not keen to play on.

Arbitaar1

Juniors
As a Pom, where football is basically a religion and has been suspended till end of April, I'm amazed NRL think they can carry on. :scream:
The difference is those sports can financially afford to call off a season and survive..the NRL through it's own poor mismanagement in the past need to play on or go out of business as they clearly don't have a lot of money in the bank.

Latest posts