What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
go onto Facebook, heaps of Dragons fans are happy clappy Mary lovers - and of course most of them are the idiots who continue to mindlessly hand over membership money every year to a board that gives new meaning to the word incompetent.....
St George Illawarra media rent a crowd of support. It is easy. Dont believe everything you read. Keeping their brand looking good and strong is their job

qld redvee

Juniors
Why is it that journos are always blaming US the poor unfortunate whingeing supporter for being the white noise about the failings of supercoach ??? surely if they are credible reporters they read and understand what our problems are then surely they have an obligation to acknowledge that indeed that super friendly , geez its good to have a beer with him, what a great guy Paul Mcgregor does indeed come up short in the coaching stakes . Its ludicrous how reporters just simply say that ; the rabid st george fans are once again being ars_holes and dont know what they are talking about as there are outside reasons for the bad season...
Well the crawleys and company how about you do something subjective and drill down into the stats, bench rotation , team selections and actually look at it from a Business point of view and not the local game of touch between some mates .. where beers flow after the game
I have been a dragon for 51 years and Ive ridden the roller coaster too many times I want some level of success again not this mediocre stuff we are gettting served up .. Many of us endured the 31 year drought and celebrated long into the night when saint wayne gave us success... and we had hopes for the red vee riding high for a few years .
unfortunately paul you are out of your depth and need to walk away with dignity , results speak for themselves and the buck does indeed stop with you so accept it !!!!!!!!!

Just imagine the backlash from reporters if he does get sacked - my god all us supporters will be rounded up and publigly named and shamed for destroying supercoaches career . I can just imagine crawley getting the tar and feathers ready ... --

rant over

minge

Bench
McGregor is praying for a Corona suspension to the NRL season. (AFL already gone). It’s the only thing that will halt his losses and the only thing that will save him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I doubt there will be a round 3.

So, lets look at the situation.

McGregor had a 2yrs deal (only God knows how), the majority of the 1st year lookinv like being suspended for a very long time..

Options;
1. Keep McGregor for his entire contract.
2. Sack him at the end of this season, place a caretaker for 1yr and hire Flanno as coach for 2022.
3. Given there will be no more or very few games played this season, sack him now, have caretaker coach installed, when and if thecseason fires up he right there ready to go. I'm talking Shepherd here. I'm sure Flanno would be directinv fromca 'distance' with greater control and influence than now.

The cost:
Sacking McGregor would create a financial outlay, but no more than they would oc had to pay him anyway. Plus if Shepherd is appointed caretaker (a) he's already onnthe books and/or (b) may only demand a small increase to keep him there. Also, another option is of course, and if McGregor loves the club so much, accept a downgrade to CC coach, still keep paying him his monthly stipend (which helps us finacially). He may run with that or quit. Quitting would be a perfect scenario for us.

The new CEO has some tough decisions to make, let's see if he's a go getter or just a puppet.

Bench
Time to rethink about the coach. Last year we finished 15th. This season we are currently 13th on the table.
What would you say now about McIdiot.

St Georgio

Juniors
I had a Dream, Mary forecasts a Major Victory to his greatness up to Now. THE WOODEN SPOON! High Fives, Open the Brandy Now, Drink all night long!
Spoiler Alert Brandy Alexander will take legal action for anything relating to Drinking in your premises, the Prime Mincer will send his special ops to eliminate any heavy breathing on your crack, for the threat for farting COVID-19 into the atmosphere!

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Why is it that journos are always blaming US the poor unfortunate whingeing supporter for being the white noise about the failings of supercoach ??? surely if they are credible reporters they read and understand what our problems are then surely they have an obligation to acknowledge that indeed that super friendly , geez its good to have a beer with him, what a great guy Paul Mcgregor does indeed come up short in the coaching stakes . Its ludicrous how reporters just simply say that ; the rabid st george fans are once again being ars_holes and dont know what they are talking about as there are outside reasons for the bad season...
Well the crawleys and company how about you do something subjective and drill down into the stats, bench rotation , team selections and actually look at it from a Business point of view and not the local game of touch between some mates .. where beers flow after the game
I have been a dragon for 51 years and Ive ridden the roller coaster too many times I want some level of success again not this mediocre stuff we are gettting served up .. Many of us endured the 31 year drought and celebrated long into the night when saint wayne gave us success... and we had hopes for the red vee riding high for a few years .
unfortunately paul you are out of your depth and need to walk away with dignity , results speak for themselves and the buck does indeed stop with you so accept it !!!!!!!!!

Just imagine the backlash from reporters if he does get sacked - my god all us supporters will be rounded up and publigly named and shamed for destroying supercoaches career . I can just imagine crawley getting the tar and feathers ready ... --

rant over
Bloody good rant too :thumbsup:

BLM01

First Grade

rant over
I have been asking the same thing myself.
These journo hack come great game analysists. They amalyse and talk what suits the director of the show.
There are so many damning stats re Mary over his tenure it is not funny
The one they hold onto which is not as bad as it looks on the outside before yopu pull things apart is his overall win / loss ratio in the mid-to high 40's% which people like Cleary, Stuart, Arthur are no (or not much) better?..Although Mary's % is now starting to slide quickly. Kearney, Pay a lot worse