What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

bileduct

Coach
The NRL's arrogance is breathtaking. With Victoria about to shut up shop, the Storm will have to make the same decision that the Warriors did. I seriously doubt they will be as soft as the Warriors are in staying for the NRL We already know Smith and Bellamy are not keen to play on.
Cammie won't play but will demand his full salary anyway.

Keep going...

Very glad Vlandys is at the helm right now.. where there’s a will there’s a way. And he’ll find it..

The other code has teams across the continent.. NRL is east coast plus NZ.. with travel “bans” I think we could get to round 5 unscathed if they tweak the draw... eg..

Get the QLD teams plus NZ Warriors to play out of Brisbane for next 3 rounds.. (cowboys would need to get down)

Get the Storm up to Sydney and similarly the NSW teams (and Raiders) play amongst each other for next 3 rounds..

Then work out post-round 5 in the meantime..

It’s not without inconvenience and a logistical headache but I’m sure even if not something like this, Vlandys will explore everything keep the NRL happening..

I think the decision might soon be taken out of our hands.

The only way it's gonna work is if we have all 16 teams, all coaches and support staff, all necessary NRL staff, and broadcast people in the one place - and if they do it, they pretty much have to move now.

Wizardman

First Grade
It’s completely relevant. The only way the mortality rate from this doesn’t hit Italian levels is every staying the f**k away from each other.
The potent combination of the "She'll be right" and "Zero f**ks given" attitudes are alive and well in Australian culture. Agree with you 100%

Wizardman

First Grade

The only way it's gonna work is if we have all 16 teams, all coaches and support staff, all necessary NRL staff, and broadcast people in the one place - and if they do it, they pretty much have to move now.
Lets hope it is taken out of the NRL's hands.

Cactus

Juniors
The potent combination of the "She'll be right" and "Zero f**ks given" attitudes are alive and well in Australian culture. Agree with you 100%

Just a quick question to those posters who want the NRL to shut down.

If the NRL is not shut down and the playing group continues to play in isolated stadiums how can televising those games increase the chance of infection for any other Australian ?

Canard

Immortal

Even then you would have to isolate all the players/ staff etc for 14 days starting now to be 100% sure you're not creating a clusterf**k of disease.

So we would need to suspend the comp asap.

Heisenberg

Juniors
Then you support locking down everything with that logic. Including supermarkets etc?
Pretty much. Of course supermarkets, pharmacies and other essential services need to remain open. Rugbeh League is not essential. I love it and I will miss it but there is something far more significant going on.

Wizardman

First Grade
Just a quick question to those posters who want the NRL to shut down.

If the NRL is not shut down and the playing group continues to play in isolated stadiums how can televising those games increase the chance of infection for any other Australian ?
It is leading a bad f**king example you numbnut. Everybody following social distancing while watching these guys smash the crap out of each other.

TheFrog

Coach
It is leading a bad f**king example you numbnut. Everybody following social distancing while watching these guys smash the crap out of each other.
They are being isolated outside the game so if none of them have the virus, they can't catch it.

Latest posts