What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There will no Tests this year right?

adamkungl

Immortal
Rugby League can get f**ked if they dump the Tests..Don't give a shit about Origin.

Tests will be back. For this year the governing bodies need to do what they can to keep running, and if that means playing Origin in November in front of huge crowds instead of internationals in front of mediocre ones, so be it.

I hope the tests go ahead but now's the time for making fast money, not investing it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Tests will be back. For this year the governing bodies need to do what they can to keep running, and if that means playing Origin in November in front of huge crowds instead of internationals in front of mediocre ones, so be it.

I hope the tests go ahead but now's the time for making fast money, not investing it.

Honestly, it wouldnt be too difficult to organise the Test matches (maybe not the exact schedule we had hoped for, but definitely something).

The majority of player who will be selected for Oceanic test teams are currently running around in the NRL. To organise a Pacific series, all we need to do is rearrange the groupings and change the jumpers.

Honestly, it wouldnt be too difficult to organise the Test matches (maybe not the exact schedule we had hoped for, but definitely something).

The majority of player who will be selected for Oceanic test teams are currently running around in the NRL. To organise a Pacific series, all we need to do is rearrange the groupings and change the jumpers.
IMO Aus v England are the only Tests that matter at the moment as the Kiwis have gone down hill quite a bit since 2010, generally. Remember that fantastic Kiwi side in 2005.

Last edited:
Big Mal stood down
The NRL’s financial situation hasn’t spared one of the game’s greatest players, immortal Mal Meninga, from being stood down on annual leave from his post as Australian coach.
With the Kangaroos unlikely to play another Test match until next year’s World Cup at the end of October, Meninga – like 95 per cent of staff at head office –will be paid until May 1 or when his leave runs out.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sa...de-on-season-on-april-21-20200405-p54hal.html

Pommy

Coach
Really? Not sure if you are serious here. Kiwis have beaten Australia 5 times since 2010, including 3 games in a row. England/GB haven’t had a single win in how long?

I’m not saying Aus Eng is more important than Aus NZ but how many attempts have NZ had over England?

Really? Not sure if you are serious here. Kiwis have beaten Australia 5 times since 2010, including 3 games in a row. England/GB haven’t had a single win in how long?
Kiwis have lost to Tonga and Fiji recently. England won the series in 2018. And in the last 40 years the 'Roos have raised their game versus the Lions compared with the Kiwis. Northern England have 11 full-time RL clubs. Generally have bigger crowds for Test matches. Would a 'Roo prefer to tour England or NZ?

welshmagpie

Juniors
Kiwis have lost to Tonga and Fiji recently. England won the series in 2018. And in the last 40 years the 'Roos have raised their game versus the Lions compared with the Kiwis. Northern England have 11 full-time RL clubs. Generally have bigger crowds for Test matches. Would a 'Roo prefer to tour England or NZ?

and GB were done by Tonga and PNG.

Swings and roundabouts.

Cold Roses

Juniors
I’m not saying Aus Eng is more important than Aus NZ but how many attempts have NZ had over England?

Fair enough point. A lot more than England/GB in recent times I would expect. But also, how many of those have been in front of an Australian crowd? With an Australia ref?

Pommy

Coach
Fair enough point. A lot more than England/GB in recent times I would expect. But also, how many of those have been in front of an Australian crowd? With an Australia ref?

I’m not arguing just saying it’s not really a comparison to make.

Cold Roses

Juniors
I’m not arguing just saying it’s not really a comparison to make.

I get that. That’s why I acknowledged you had a fair point. However the reality is that we have beaten Aus on a reasonably consistent basis since 2005. And in some big games. England hasn’t. The comparison is fair given they all play the same sport?

Cold Roses

Juniors
Kiwis have lost to Tonga and Fiji recently. England won the series in 2018.

The same Tonga that the Kiwis beat this year who in turn beat GB and Australia?And you could single out any given year you want, but I’ll think you’d find results have been fairly even between the 2 over the last 10 years.

I'm not sure what the situation was a few months ago, but i'm not counting those matches, it just didn't feel right. Also did you see the size of the crowd? Flip! Embarassing.

Oh, ok. Well going by that criteria I don’t count anything from 2016-2017 because we had a muppet for a coach. And I don’t count 2015 because Kearney refused to take any actual halves on tour because he holds grudges.

The same Tonga that the Kiwis beat this year who in turn beat GB and Australia?And you could single out any given year you want, but I’ll think you’d find results have been fairly even between the 2 over the last 10 years.

Oh, ok. Well going by that criteria I don’t count anything from 2016-2017 because we had a muppet for a coach. And I don’t count 2015 because Kearney refused to take any actual halves on tour because he holds grudges.
I mentioned the crowds, and obviously the history too, I'm 85% sure that the 'Roos lift their game when they play England. On a seperate thing I think NZ RU lift for matches against Wales too.