What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 2 2020 - General Non-Warriors Thread

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Northern Territory has just closed its borders today, following Tasmania's lead. Wait till Queensland does it too and the NRL season will surely be over?

Those scenes of a packed Bondi Beach yesterday will make the Qld Govt very nervous.

NT and Tassie are fairly special cases IMO, more likely wed see WA follow suit. The eastern mainland states are all heavily interconnected and it would be a very drastic measure to close the borders.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Shit that Storm Sharks game was a bludger

DCE comes through in the clutch again, field goal #21 gets us home on the back of a huge defensive effort and Tom saving a couple of tries

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Storm Sharks was horrific. I can't believe how bad Johnson was. The halves they have in the lower grades must be watching him like

37u3g1.png

If i had a time machine I'd go back and grab Sam Kasiano for Johnson. Exemplary ball playing (Sam had amazing hands), faster and better footwork.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Watching tbe games over the weekend I've been struck by how good some of the edge forwards are. David Fifita and other Brisbane guys, that 12 for the Dragons who apparently was "thrown a lifeline" this season, plenty of others. Are the back-row positions the most well-resourced in the comp?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah if you look around the comp backrow is absolutely stacked, while Centre is the weakest I have ever seen it

Is hard to name the top 5 centres at the moment, certainly nothing like the days when you had ET, Renouf, Hill, Meninga etc running round mid 90s or the crop mid 2000s where you’d see Lyon, Inglis, Hodges, Girdler, Tate etc running around

Blair

Coach
NT and Tassie are fairly special cases IMO, more likely wed see WA follow suit. The eastern mainland states are all heavily interconnected and it would be a very drastic measure to close the borders.

True.

SA and WA have just shut their borders, as expected. AFL is suspended till at least May 31st.

NRL is currently still going next round.

Great game between Knights and Tigers. They might be ending the season with a bang. Benji is winding back the years.

Blair

Coach
Shit that Storm Sharks game was a bludger

DCE comes through in the clutch again, field goal #21 gets us home on the back of a huge defensive effort and Tom saving a couple of tries

Beave, what's the story with Tof Sip? Is he back on the field?

Speaking of ex-Warriors props, Lisone is on for the Titans.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Everyone knows by now but, for the record, the NRL season has been suspended indefinitely, due to Covid-19.

So next week there's no Round Three.