What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Dear NRL/ARLC/PVL:

Please listen to the Gov and to the Chief Medical Officer and act upon their advice and instruction.

Please do not listen to the alarmists, the misinformed and the idiots.

Please keep Rugby League going and televised up until such time as the Aust Gov says we should not.

Thankfully they are already doing this cactus. Doing whatever they can, in the right way, to keep the sport from disappearing into oblivion.

I hope for all people who earn their living through rugby league, and the true fans of the game, they are able to succeed. Because if they don’t the likely consequences are dire for the sport and all involved in it.

Cactus

Juniors
Thankfully they are already doing this cactus.

Yep, I know.

But I did want to make sure its documented here and bang on and on about it, because while some people post here and advocate to shut the NRL down, its worth reinforcing my plea to the ARLC to stay the course.

We knock them sometimes but even the ARLC need support from us fans as they make these momentous decisions.

bileduct

Coach
Do you honestly believe that is going to last long? You think every player will 100% follow the rules?
I think if there's an understanding that if they don't follow the rules they'll lose not only their own income but be responsible for everyone else losing theirs as well, they will. But it will require some real leadership from key people at all clubs.

unforgiven

Bench
Yep, I know.

But I did want to make sure its documented here and bang on and on about it, because while some people post here and advocate to shut the NRL down, its worth reinforcing my plea to the ARLC to stay the course.

We knock them sometimes but even the ARLC need support from us fans as they make these momentous decisions.
Agree, play on!

bileduct

Coach
Pretty much. Of course supermarkets, pharmacies and other essential services need to remain open. Rugbeh League is not essential. I love it and I will miss it but there is something far more significant going on.
Right now the supermarket is probably the place I'm most worried about getting infected. There's a lot more people than usual at my local supermarket, and last time I was there there were plenty of merkins walking around sneezing and coughing into their hands and then putting their diseased fingers all over stuff.

blue bags

First Grade
Dear NRL/ARLC/PVL:

Please listen to the Gov and to the Chief Medical Officer and act upon their advice and instruction.

Please do not listen to the alarmists, the misinformed and the idiots.

Please keep Rugby League going and televised up until such time as the Aust Gov says we should not.
thats right, im the same , just keep on keeping on, untill they say no

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Time for smaller places to adopt an NRL, for a month or two.

Got a square field with lights?
Got an airport?
Empty hotels?

Penrith --> Bathurst
Cronulla --> Darwin

etc etc

Any one says poor darlings have be away from family, please spare me.

some11

Referee
So I assume that's the NRL done then for a few months? :(
I was fine with it being called off if the Warriors said no - the burden is a heavy one for them.

But if you're going to keep playing might as well go all the way - base all the clubs in QLD to circumvent the restrictions.

The NRL at least has some kind of experience with it given Magic Round last year.

Spot On

Coach
The kids will cause far more damage roaming the streets than they will at a contained school. Wake up to yourself. Keeping the NRL running involves far more than "34 blokes".
Maybe you should loosen your grip and take advice off those who know infinitely more than you do.

So parents are the real problem as they can't control their kids 'roaming the streets'?

If school is open then so is the NRL.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Its reactions like this that are a very real problem. Not only did you not answer the question but you resort to emotion filled justifications and a lame insult.

Do you not understand that whilst ever those NRL players are isolated and contained due to playing the game that they will be protected and that they will be LESS exposed to the general public and the general public LESS exposed to them ?

Yes, even to numbnuts like you and Wibble and all those others trying to cause alarm

Spot on cactus. They are the same people storming supermarkets to hoard pasta and dunny paper.
Alarmist & over the top

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Thankfully they are already doing this cactus. Doing whatever they can, in the right way, to keep the sport from disappearing into oblivion.

I hope for all people who earn their living through rugby league, and the true fans of the game, they are able to succeed. Because if they don’t the likely consequences are dire for the sport and all involved in it.

Great post mate.

Latest posts