What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Knights @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gordsy

Juniors
It seems like we are still suffering from the old tigers problem of down at half time lose the game.

stryker

First Grade
I wouldnt look too much into the game.
The players obviously could not give a flying f**k today and that is symptomatic of the feeling of the wider community. The NRL are coming off as greedy, reckless and self centered.
Shut the season down.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The players obviously could not give a flying f**k today and that is symptomatic of the feeling of the wider community. The NRL are coming off as greedy, reckless and self centered.
Shut the season down.

I totally get that and agree

However the knights were in the exact same situation as us. At the end of the day they’re professionals and today was their work day. It was a pathetic attitude and the 18 point loss was flattering

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Why would they not give a f**k?

I certainly wouldn’t tar them all with the same brush. I thought some of them had a red hot go

Tigers4ever

Juniors
The right side has to change. Nofo should be dropped, Luciano moved to the bench. AD should be left at fullback. Grant from Melbourne should train with the squad for 2 weeks before playing his first game, probably the same week Brooks is back. Next week my team will look like this.
1. AD
2. Thompson
3. Talau
4. BJ
5. Jennings
6. Benji
7. Reynolds
8. Aloaia
9. Walters
10. Twal
11. Garner
12. MCK
13. Taylor

14. Mikaele
15. Clark
16. Lawrence
17. Luciano

WA Tiger

Bench
Take Nofo off take the whole team off ..It’s pretty obvious he’s not going to win the ball without help against Kareem Abdul Jabaar ...What’s Madge doing waiting until mid game 2 to change fullback / wing ..good move but why then..Benji looked short of ideas...At 22-26 when Joey L lost the ball that was when we needed to come back...it was back to bed shortly after that..First thing I thought after the game was finish the season now who cares. I noticed at the start of the game they were soaked like it was stinking hot ..I thought that extra training at the end of last season was a good idea obviously a waste of time

Wizardman

First Grade
Shut the season down.
When the Tigs play badly, Im not shy to give them a kick in the guts. However, I can't do it this time.These are different times to any other league round. In quite a few games, the defensive intensity was just not there. I didn't give the Bulldogs a kick in the guts because the tries scored against them this week would not have been scored in front of a crowd last week when they were much more intense. That Milford try would not have been scored against Souths last week. Some tries scored against us would not have been scored last week.

These are extraordinary times with their paypackets well and truly on the line. It is much harder to defend a line without the adrenaline that crowd supporters gives defenders. I just can't give the guys a kick up the ass this week despite how badly they played. Sad situation in crazy times.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Take Nofo off take the whole team off ..It’s pretty obvious he’s not going to win the ball without help against Kareem Abdul Jabaar ...What’s Madge doing waiting until mid game 2 to change fullback / wing ..good move but why then..Benji looked short of ideas...At 22-26 when Joey L lost the ball that was when we needed to come back...it was back to bed shortly after that..First thing I thought after the game was finish the season now who cares. I noticed at the start of the game they were soaked like it was stinking hot ..I thought that extra training at the end of last season was a good idea obviously a waste of time
I thought that moment Joey lost the ball was the last nail in the coffin as well. I’m disappointed that he doesn’t seem to have learned from his departure from the raiders. He still seems to want to prove he’s the meanest, maddest man on the field rather than win games. Not that I’m blaming him for the loss today, that was a team effort, it’s just I hoped he would show at least to have tamed his inner beast a little. He should be our most exciting runner of the ball, not a constant source of disappointment.

WA Tiger

Bench
I thought that moment Joey lost the ball was the last nail in the coffin as well. I’m disappointed that he doesn’t seem to have learned from his departure from the raiders. He still seems to want to prove he’s the meanest, maddest man on the field rather than win games. Not that I’m blaming him for the loss today, that was a team effort, it’s just I hoped he would show at least to have tamed his inner beast a little. He should be our most exciting runner of the ball, not a constant source of disappointment.
Especially if he’s going to sit there in front of the Camera telling everyone he’s the best centre in the game ..The best centre is close to the fittest as well prob.. and on top of that yell at my boy a couple of weeks ago

macnaz

Staff member
Although the game is going through extraordinary times all teams are facing the same conditions , we seen teams like Manly and Roosters still playing with a win mentality. Out of all the teams I expected a disciplined coach like Magde to make Weststigers a side that would excel under these circumstances but ihe obviously hasnt been able to unfortunately.

Legion

Juniors
Well, that was disappointing.
There's one word for our defence, especially right side; soft.

Send Joey to reserves if that's all he's got.

Madge didn't look happy. Let us hope that he tears them a new one at training.
Would love to be a fly on the wall when they sit down to watch a replay with him.

gordsy

Juniors
Like I said I only watch the first half but when we had the ball knights had three in the tackle and could slow things down to a crawl. We had two at best and the knights just rolled forward at will.

I’m not denying we were terrible, but I did notice that when the game was in the balance and the WT were in good field position with the Knights under pressure ,the game stopped several times due to their trainer assisting an injured defender, allowing the Knights time to regather, these injuries however didn’t seemed to be a problem when they had the ball :joy: