What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

MKCS

Juniors
Just mentioned on can v nzw, Canterbury looking to sign Rapana...

Good signing if they can make it happen. The backline needs serious help.

https://www.nospam21.com/sydney-club-eyeing-former-raiders-star-for-nrl-return-53455/

If I recall correctly Rapana was going to stay with Raiders for quite cheap also so if the Dogs could get him for cheap he'd be a phenomenal pick up. Hopoate/Rapana is a pretty decent combination on paper.

Still surprised nobody picked him up. NRL Grand Final winger just allowed to leave like that seems silly.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just mentioned on can v nzw, Canterbury looking to sign Rapana...

Good signing if they can make it happen. The backline needs serious help.

https://www.nospam21.com/sydney-club-eyeing-former-raiders-star-for-nrl-return-53455/

We don't need wingers though. We need a good centre. Remis Smith can move to wing, DWZ to the other wing. Our biggest needs are just getting Lewis to bulk up and move into a 13 type role, and hope Cogger and Wakeham can improve. Plus a hooker. And try and find a better fullback than Meany, as DWZ is not the answer, just a good player to throw their at a pinch.

Really, I could have just said we have the worst spine in the comp.

Xcalibre

Juniors
If I recall correctly Rapana was going to stay with Raiders for quite cheap also so if the Dogs could get him for cheap he'd be a phenomenal pick up. Hopoate/Rapana is a pretty decent combination on paper.

Still surprised nobody picked him up. NRL Grand Final winger just allowed to leave like that seems silly.

It is surprising. Agreed him and Hoppa would make a good combo.

He was expected to go back to Canberra, but with the Lei in Leipana gone it might not be as desirable.

We don't need wingers though. We need a good centre. Remis Smith can move to wing, DWZ to the other wing. Our biggest needs are just getting Lewis to bulk up and move into a 13 type role, and hope Cogger and Wakeham can improve. Plus a hooker. And try and find a better fullback than Meany, as DWZ is not the answer, just a good player to throw their at a pinch.

Really, I could have just said we have the worst spine in the comp.

Dogs need a whole new team it sounds like lol.

Rapana is better than Smith, Crichton and Meaney. Put him next to Hoppa and you’ve got a good right side. Personally I’d play DWZ at left centre and Smith on his outside. Meaney or Averillo can play fullback, but with a shortage of good halves and how much better the team looked with Averillo at 6, I’d have to go with Meaney at fb.

gerg

Juniors

He was expected to go back to Canberra, but with the Lei in Leipana gone it might not be as desirable.

Rapana is better than Smith, Crichton and Meaney. Put him next to Hoppa and you’ve got a good right side. Personally I’d play DWZ at left centre and Smith on his outside. Meaney or Averillo can play fullback, but with a shortage of good halves and how much better the team looked with Averillo at 6, I’d have to go with Meaney at fb.

No offence intended but why would Rapana want to go to the Bulldogs at the backend of his career, instead of back to the Raiders? Unless the Dogs are offering a huge deal, and you would hope they would have learnt not to throw huge money at players at the backend of their career?

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
No offence intended but why would Rapana want to go to the Bulldogs at the backend of his career, instead of back to the Raiders? Unless the Dogs are offering a huge deal, and you would hope they would have learnt not to throw huge money at players at the backend of their career?

Why go back to the Raiders. They don’t need him. Their alternatives to him are doing very well

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

Was it Averillo or the fact that Wakeham played first receiver