What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
I realise this just sounds opportunistic on my part but I think I am the most willing to think outside the square.
So, to keep the contract going with fox we need 8 games a week.
Lets leave every option open - like less players per team and more breaks in play etc.
AFL is a bit screwed because they have too much of a national comp AND they need too many players on the field etc.
Lets be prepared to play with 10 per side.

Nines is the obvious way forward in that scenario.

Cactus

Juniors
No the advice has not changed, both are still sticking to both pieces of advice. You may not like it, but they do contradict each other. It can't be "Isn't so much contradictory", it either is or it isn't. Time to hop off the fence.

I answered your question. Looks to me like you just didn't like the answer.

I believe that our PM is more concerned about the economy than keeping teachers safe and reducing the spread of COVID-19 within the school community because there is a massively reduced mortality in younger children. The possibility teachers may become infected is just a sacrifice the PM is willing to make.

Some people seem quite determined to see some sort of plot or conspiracy no matter what the circumstances. And what you have said there is the definition of conspiracy.

https://www.cebm.net/global-covid-19-case-fatality-rates/
≤ 9 years 0% mortality rate
10 to 19 years 0.018% mortality rate
20 to 49 years 0.32% mortality rate
50 to 59 years 1.3% mortality rate
60 to 69. years 3.6% mortality rate

Are you saying this assertion is 100% incorrect?

FMD, there you go again.

Here is the stats I got from another site (not the one where you got it obviously)
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Cactus

Juniors
Can someone translate this gibberish?
Yes.

He is saying that up until this current world crisis that all those on the left and all those types who vote the greens have been carrying on about climate change with messages of the end of the world.

But when this pandemic arrived and maybe they are under some actual threat and not a perceived one they have shut up and you don't hear anything about climate change since this all started.

I for one could not agree with him more.

Get everyone in Sydney, base them around the Homebush area or somewhere and do it now. That way Nine and Fox will still be able to broadcast, and the NRL officials can get to the games.

Can't see this working otherwise because time is ticking very quickly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes.

He is saying that up until this current world crisis that all those on the left and all those types who vote the greens have been carrying on about climate change with messages of the end of the world.

But when this pandemic arrived and maybe they are under some actual threat and not a perceived one they have shut up and you don't hear anything about climate change since this all started.

What a stupid position to have, maybe he could have considered that since a pandemic outbreak has occurred on a global level the media have decided that this is more important news? Or maybe he thinks that somehow the fact news channels are not talking about climate change that it somehow was all a big hoax? They're not talking about Brexit either but pretty sure that is still happening! The irony is a global pandemic is just about the best thing to happen for the climate and is far more effective than our world leaders have been in reducing pollution and carbon emissions.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yes.

pfft, short term vs long term issues. If you were worried about your house having a termite infestation than it catches fire, you’re not going to be worrying about the termites til the fires are out are you?

blue bags

First Grade
A man in his 60s, in Japan:

• Day #1: Cold
  • Day #6: Fever of 39° C. (102.2 F)
  • Day #8: Pneumonia
Another patient, in China with a history of type 2 diabetes and hypertension:

• Jan. 22: Fever and cough
  • Feb. 5: Died
First death in the Philippines (a 44-year-old Chinese thought to have had other pre-existing health conditions):

• Jan. 25: Fever, cough, and sore throat (hospitalized)
  • Developed severe pneumonia
  • Feb. 2: Died
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-symptoms/

Last edited by a moderator:

_Johnsy

Referee
I answered your question. Looks to me like you just didn't like the answer.

Some people seem quite determined to see some sort of plot or conspiracy no matter what the circumstances. And what you have said there is the definition of conspiracy.

FMD, there you go again.

Here is the stats I got from another site (not the one where you got it obviously)
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/
No you didn’t.

I wasn’t the one who introduced the concept of conspiracy, that was you & you alone. You even pointed me in the direction of yours.

yYou have obviously missed the point completely.

Agree to disagree.