What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Raiders

SBD82

Coach
It just seems a bit fishy that the AFL would pull the pin yet the NRL does not. Are they not on the same boat?
Very similar. Although more players in the squad in AFL. Also marginally more interstate travel to sort out. The NRL also have access to small suburban grounds that are already set up for night games and are cheaper to use. So that may save some costs too.

Possibly the NRL is thinking that potential international television rights will offset the costs of the logistics to keep the players quarantined? Or they could be waiting to be forced to stand down so that they have a better chance of receiving financial support from the federal government.

Not sure mate. That’s just guess work on my account.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
It just seems a bit fishy that the AFL would pull the pin yet the NRL does not. Are they not on the same boat?

No. AFL has two teams in South Australia and two in Western Australia, and both states have shut their borders. Knock four teams out of the competition and the competition is stuffed. NRL has only one team (Warriors) currently affected by border closures - and they are still on the Australian side of the border.

The situation could change pretty quickly but at the moment provided the NRL can keep their players and staff isolated (a big ask I know) the comp can go on.

Dragon David

First Grade
Clune In - Norman Out is the 1st priority
Graham on the bench at best
Yes Clune to be in the starting 13. I'd like to see 6 - Clune, 7 - Norman, 9 - Hunt, 13 - McInnes, 1 - Dufty. Dufty to maintain sniffing around the forwards in attack and in defence Lomax to fullback and Dufty on the wing.

Crush

Coach
No. AFL has two teams in South Australia and two in Western Australia, and both states have shut their borders. Knock four teams out of the competition and the competition is stuffed. NRL has only one team (Warriors) currently affected by border closures - and they are still on the Australian side of the border.

The situation could change pretty quickly but at the moment provided the NRL can keep their players and staff isolated (a big ask I know) the comp can go on.
I thought that all state borders were closing including QLD and VIC?

LINESPEED

Juniors
I thought that all state borders were closing including QLD and VIC?

The QLD border closure (depending on whether there are exceptions) would seem to be ending the NRL season??
Unless the QLD teams relocate (lol)?
So Waterboy will remain unsacked - sucking on undeserved Club resources for another year FMD

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It will be interesting, if and when the season restarts, where they will pick it up from?

If, for example,15 weeks (obviously could be more or even less than that) have elapsed, they surely couldn't restart at round 3, so would they have to start at round 17, so we would play:

Rd - 17 : Roosters
Rd -18 : Cowboys
Rd - 19 : Raiders
Rd - 20 : Titans
Rd - 21 : Panthers
Rd - 22 : Bulldogs
Rd - 23 : Eels
Rd - 24 : Sharks
Rd - 25 : Rabbits

I can only see 2 wins there!

qld redvee

Juniors
It will be interesting, if and when the season restarts, where they will pick it up from?

If, for example,15 weeks (obviously could be more or even less than that) have elapsed, they surely couldn't restart at round 3, so would they have to start at round 17, so we would play:

Slayer.
depends on how far back they can push the season heard last night that they could play the grand final up to 20 december .. this then allows the players to have a 2 month break apparantly ..
So until we get a restart it will be all conjecture ...

Father Ted

First Grade

Thank God for the Titans.

SBD82

Coach

2? You’re an optimist mate.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I don’t give a flying duck what people say - I am going to put the house on the Dragons this weekend with our local bookie ‘ Honest Stan ‘ I will take the long odds and back them for a draw , I cant lose ! :money_mouth:

Last edited: