What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19 - NRL press conference at 10:00 Livestream Todd Greenberg and Peter V'Landys

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
We are probably one of a very few Clubs who have a slush fund to see this thing out.

The uninformed vultures will see this as an opportunity to get rid of us.

Love to see their face when they get told we are one of the most secure Clubs in the NRL right now.

I was going to start a thread about that, good to hear that our club has the potential to see this through.

I really fear for clubs like Penrith, they could be in a lot of trouble. Their leagues club closed, put off all their staff until further notice. Hopefully some of the rich clubs like Brisbane and the Roosters help the poor ones out because my God they’re going to need it.

This could be the end of the NRL as we know it.

I was going to start a thread about that, good to hear that our club has the potential to see this through.

I really fear for clubs like Penrith, they could be in a lot of trouble. Their leagues club closed, put off all their staff until further notice. Hopefully some of the rich clubs like Brisbane and the Roosters help the poor ones out because my God they’re going to need it.

This could be the end of the NRL as we know it.

And isn’t the Construction company covering our Leagues Club Annual profit whilst construction is going on?

That’s Gold if true.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Remember what the NRL has said in past they wont prop up any club, what happens now if that club is not sydney based

Stake Removed

First Grade
We should be nervous.

Absolutely perfect opportunity for the NRL to start again and cull Sydney teams.

Would it really shock any of you.

Its perfect storm for them, i can see it now the revamped NRL bring everyone back to the game crap they will roll out

ghoti

Bench
Feel like the ARL in 97 is what we'll see? Hopefully wealthy clubs investing in a rebooted game

shadowboxer

First Grade
Perfect opportunity for the NRL to do a revamp and no doubt will. Weak media like Hooper and flognut take the easy route using Manly & Cronulla - but it could be pretty much like super league era, where we survived.
The journos though bringing up these mantra is just desperate and boring - they should have a think, possibly someone else could and can do their job on half the pay.

So..... our players are looking for a gig. Can we ensure that the leagues club redevelopment is an essential service ( hint hint wink wink to our numero uno ticket holder) and get our players to get on the tools ?

Let’s get Toby on a sledgehammer I reckon he’d set a cracking pace. FFS don’t give Williams any power tools and start filling in the Workers Comp forms for Mr Dugan and Mr Moylan.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Imagine Chadwick as the foreman - his latest twitter post says it all “I don’t really know what to say”

Inferno

Coach
I don't think they'll do a revamp. Anyone who loses their team will not jump on board with a replacement team merging their area with another one.

If one team does go under the game also loses 1/8th of it's product to sell.

relocating is an option but the carrot for that is usually a big basket full of money and it is hard to see the NRL having that.

Time for the players to take a paycut to keep the game afloat.

R-15-3

Juniors
Letting Morris go was the best decision of 2020 we now r saving around $600k then every other club when u take in a restricted salary cap.

Latest posts