What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Vs Storms

box57l

Juniors
Lock everyone at Panthers. There's a hotel, training facilities and an NRL level field that are all within the same area which would be easy to quarantine.
Genius idea. The pokes and Tab will keep the boys content during their downtime. Lock down Mulgoa road so the stadium can be used and put snipers on the fence line so the players can't escape. Somebody get on the phone to Pete!

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s kinda Groundhog Day given our two come from behind wins in the first two rounds of the competition.

12-0 down against the Roosters and 10 points down against the Dragons but fought our way back to win.

Both wins were enjoyable in different ways.

Kilkenny

Coach
My wife and I should have been at AAMI Park this evening for the Storm game. My eldest son and his partner live in Melbourne so we were going down there for five nights to take in the game and see numerous comedy shows at the International Comedy Festival. I had already outplayed $1300-00 accomodation, $600 on return flights, $200 four tickets for the footy, $300-00 on tickets to comedy shows throw in another $1500 on other shows, meals, drinks and sundries it was going to be a fairly significant injection of funds to the economy and that’s just for the four of us. When you think about it, it is really scary when you think of the financial implications of what is happening at present. Really sad and really scary when you think our little five day trip was money being spent by just four people.

OldPanther

Coach
My wife and I should have been at AAMI Park this evening for the Storm game. My eldest son and his partner live in Melbourne so we were going down there for five nights to take in the game and see numerous comedy shows at the International Comedy Festival. I had already outplayed $1300-00 accomodation, $600 on return flights, $200 four tickets for the footy, $300-00 on tickets to comedy shows throw in another $1500 on other shows, meals, drinks and sundries it was going to be a fairly significant injection of funds to the economy and that’s just for the four of us. When you think about it, it is really scary when you think of the financial implications of what is happening at present. Really sad and really scary when you think our little five day trip was money being spent by just four people.

That's what the "it's just sport" people don't understand.

Kilkenny

Coach
That's what the "it's just sport" people don't understand.

It’s scary when one couple and two siblings were going to inject say $5,000-00 into the local Melbourne economy and that is all gone now. That is just four people. Extrapolate across the country and it’s really scary. As it stand’s I will get refunded all my ticket outlays, get credit with our Qantas booking’s and look like only being out of pocket for accomodation which I booked well in advance at a non refundable rate because it was discounted. I am a self funded retiree and am going to take a financial hit but I will survive, hopefully, and feel truly sorry for those who are losing there jobs and small businesses.

Last edited:

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Time for a bit of fun of what could have happened last weekend.

Penrith 24 beat Melbourne 0.

Cam Smith was knocked out in the 3rd minute of play trying to wrestle Fish to the ground. He fails his HIA and spends the remainder of the match sulking.
From then the Panthers scored 2 first half tries highlighted by a To'o double to lead 12- 0 at halftime.
An enraged Craig Bellamy gives the Storm players an almighty spray at halftime. Prompting a gale force warning for the 2nd half.
Melbourne rally for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half until Cameron Munster is sinned binned for taking out Aekins late.

Mansour scores off a Luai grubber soon after. Winning a foot race with Josh Addo Carr, who trips over twice. Once over his own teammate and the 2nd time over Cameron Smith's discarded mouth guard. Mansour beats him to the ball by a fingernail.
Which prompts a dazed referee's boss Cameron Smith to appeal from the sidelines. The suspended Jack Hetherington who no one knows how he came to the ground comes out of nowhere to crash tackle Smith to the ground. Knocking the pair of them out cold.
A Penrith fan in Umina can be heard pissing himself with laughter several hundred kilometers away.

With 5 to go Steven Crichton scores a length of the field try, after Papenhuyzen drops the ball 5 out from the Panthers line.

Molly Meldrum can be heard sobbing from his home 10km away.

Cam Smith was knocked out in the 3rd minute of play trying to wrestle Fish to the ground. He fails his HIA and spends the remainder of the match sulking.
From then the Panthers scored 2 first half tries highlighted by a To'o double to lead 12- 0 at halftime.
An enraged Craig Bellamy gives the Storm players an almighty spray at halftime. Prompting a gale force warning for the 2nd half.
Melbourne rally for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half until Cameron Munster is sinned binned for taking out Aekins late.

Mansour scores off a Luai grubber soon after. Winning a foot race with Josh Addo Carr, who trips over twice. Once over his own teammate and the 2nd time over Cameron Smith's discarded mouth guard. Mansour beats him to the ball by a fingernail.
Which prompts a dazed referee's boss Cameron Smith to appeal from the sidelines. The suspended Jack Hetherington who no one knows how he came to the ground comes out of nowhere to crash tackle Smith to the ground. Knocking the pair of them out cold.
A Penrith fan in Umina can be heard pissing himself with laughter several hundred kilometers away.

With 5 to go Steven Crichton scores a length of the field try, after Papenhuyzen drops the ball 5 out from the Panthers line.

Thanks I needed a laugh.

MugaB

Coach

Good story, unfortunately i thought Cameron Smith failed his HIA, so it wasn't his mouth guard that Josh Addo Carr tripped on but that of Brandon Smith's, i saw the whole thing on replay

Latest posts