What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction to Anime

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ugh the Netflix adaption. Lol

The actual series is awesome. I was reluctant at first because I wasn't convinced the concept would have enough legs for a full series, but the cat and mouse games that get played are brilliant.

Sounds like that might be my next watch. I'll persevere with at least season one of SAO (I don't think I'd be interested in a non-fantasy MMORPG setting) and then go from there.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
SAO loses its way halfway through the season.

I really liked the first half of SAO2 as well.

Watched at least half on that list.

Death Note, Attack on Titan, Psycho Pass (can't believe the best comparison they could find is Law & Order) would be top of my list.
Psychopass was top shelf. Really enjoyed it.

One punch man is also lots of fun

Pugzley

Bleach also got a shitty Netflix adaptation. Watched a quarter way through it before switching off.

Pugzley

If you have AnimeLab, may I suggest that you give the 2 part Japanese version of Death Note a go as well it’s sequel, Death Note: Light Up The New World. Far superior than the Netflix version of Death Note.

Parra Pride

Coach
What do people think of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? Is it as shit as the first episode leads me to believe?

Jojo is one of my favourite series. Part one tends to lose a lot of people early on, and is quite easily the weakest part of the entire series. Luckily that’s only nine episodes of the first season, part two onwards is f**king great.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Is it necessary for me to endure the extreme cheesiness of part one? Or can I skip it and still get that golden wind goodness?

Pugzley

Jojo is meme trash as an anime anyway.

HSQ3_RmciJkWzEevWx7-v1rGFo8zC0QAYB4QyTdjf7w-3BrDv22Q721RMiLrVBwiBx7r3cDkVqH9ydpeyY_2dPowpfn_0gtxeJPdangS9IM=w384-h384

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm watching Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix, but to be honest, I'm struggling - I find the pacing of the episodes inconsistent, and the art style is not for me.

Psychopass was great, though it did lose its way a little towards the end imo.

Same as Tokyo Ghoul - started off string, then took a nosedive from a cliff.

Dos Manos is good fun on Netflix, and I also enjoyed Baki, and Kengan Ashura was stupid, but fun.