What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Knights @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m not denying we were terrible, but I did notice that when the game was in the balance and the WT were in good field position with the Knights under pressure ,the game stopped several times due to their trainer assisting an injured defender, allowing the Knights time to regather, these injuries however didn’t seemed to be a problem when they had the ball :joy:

Chris Lawrence make a half break and gets tackled 8m out. Game stopped cause a Knights player has injured his arm 40m In back play

Then later in the half it’s stoped cause a knights player is spewing (i.e unfit)

Both were farcical

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
That right side defence was farcical. Reminded me of the Potter/Taylor years.

I know theres a lot of other shit going on at the moment, however these blokes (Leilua x 2, Marshall, Nofo) have never been known for their strong defence, so this will be a big problem going forward (if we go forward).

Vozzy

Juniors
That was a very Adam Blair type performance from BJ if he is like that the next 2 games then it will be easy to find a spot for Mbye. Everyone was calling for Thompsons head last week cos of an error. But I wpuld still take Thompsons effort over BJs this week. At least Thompson still has an odd break in him and runs hard.

Nofo yes he should have contested better but the lack of help around him just to get to the ball was more the worry players definitely put the effort cue in the rack yesterday. But Nofo is constantly in the middle finding the ball despite being a winger the bloke is still the heart of the club to me.

The unknown

Juniors
Chris Lawrence make a half break and gets tackled 8m out. Game stopped cause a Knights player has injured his arm 40m In back play

Then later in the half it’s stoped cause a knights player is spewing (i.e unfit)

Both were farcical

We were most likely gonna score in that first instance too, don’t pay too much attention to other teams but we always seem to cop weird calls like that. It’s unbelievable

Tiger05

First Grade
Nofo yes he should have contested better but the lack of help around him just to get to the ball was more the worry players definitely put the effort cue in the rack yesterday. But Nofo is constantly in the middle finding the ball despite being a winger the bloke is still the heart of the club to me.

I don't want to go too easy on the guy but he really puts in. I also think the new rules have made it harder for him and he is going to have to adapt. He has always had those defensive blunders in him though.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Yeah this has been a pathetic effort. If the season continues we'll be in contention for the spoon. There is nothing positive here. OTT, I'm with you. This needs blotting out.

When we finish 9th I always have the off season to think we'll go one better next year and we never do. It helps me get through those months when footy isn't played.

Having watched the game yesterday I can see a big slide....if we finished 9th, right now I'd take that. I think the season will be lucky to go another round or two so for the rest of the year I'd be doing tackling drills....plus I'd be settling positions and leaving players in them, this swapping is BS. If they aren't good enough drop them, swapping them around isn't a solution.

We need to start again from the ground up. To do this we need a signing akin to canberra signing meninga. He was a gun player, a QLD Australian rep, possibly even the captain then. Anyway, a true leader.

Anything short of that won't help.

There are too many problems to go through them player by player and it's too depressing. They just aren't good enough and don't seem to care. For every step forward there are 2 steps back.

The only players we are able to buy are from teams below us. When we do get a rare one from a good team they take the piss.

How the NRL think there's enough talent for another team is beyond me. There's barely enough good players for 14 teams, 12 would see a very high quality comp.

It's hard to see us ever turning into a quality team that can compete consistently

Fordy20

Juniors
I'm seeing a lot of criticism of certain backline individuals, but who cops the blame for allowing the Knights pack to just stroll up the park every set?

WA Tiger

Bench
I'm seeing a lot of criticism of certain backline individuals, but who cops the blame for allowing the Knights pack to just stroll up the park every set?
Nothing new Pal...I’m guessing most of our posters were forwards in their day..All I’ve ever heard is the backs arnt fast enough and whatever else ..I always Thought our forwards were lacking but then who knows maybe it’s the coach ..Look what the new Newcastle coach did for them ..

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench

Both were farcical
The penalty against us cause a knights player got a cramp

Legion

Juniors
We need to start again from the ground up. To do this we need a signing akin to canberra signing meninga. He was a gun player, a QLD Australian rep, possibly even the captain then. Anyway, a true leader.

Anything short of that won't help.

There are too many problems to go through them player by player and it's too depressing. They just aren't good enough and don't seem to care. For every step forward there are 2 steps back.

The only players we are able to buy are from teams below us. When we do get a rare one from a good team they take the piss.

How the NRL think there's enough talent for another team is beyond me. There's barely enough good players for 14 teams, 12 would see a very high quality comp.

It's hard to see us ever turning into a quality team that can compete consistently
Couldn't agree with you more. Expansion would just water down the quality of the worlds best RL comp.

I've remarked in the past that we need a player with a James Graham attitude. A player who backs up, who competes at every play, who never gives up and who, most importantly, expects nothing less from his teammates.

No I'm not saying that Graham in particular is who we need but rather, a competitor like him who holds his teammates accountable.

Before this last game I had hope for the season. All I expected was for our boys to put in, to give it their best and I'd have been satisfied. What they brought to this last game was very ordinary.
Let's hope that Madge has some answers to turn it around before the season restarts.

WA Tiger

Bench

Both were farcical
I think we’ve discussed this before. There’s no one in our team to get in the coaches ear when s 50/50 call is made .. I remember Benji said on Fox once that he diesnt challenge the ref coz he doesn’t want to lose their favour..so in the back of all the refs minds is that with us they can call what they want without being challenged and as unknown says there’s a lot of weird calls (and penalties I’ve noticed) against us - maybe because of this......There was a case a bit back where a ref got into trouble because he ignored a player that was writhing on the ground ..it was a bad injury ...that could have been playing on his mind..But still if we had someone to make him think twice before he makes a call or he’s going to get an earfull, could make a difference

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think we’ve discussed this before. There’s no one in our team to get in the coaches ear when s 50/50 call us made .. I remember Benji said on Fox once that he diesnt challenge the ref coz he doesn’t want to lose their favour..so in the back of all the refs minds is that with us they can call what they want without being challenged and as unknown says there’s a lot of weird calls and penalties against us - maybe because of this...(and lots of them) ...There was a case a bit back where a ref got into trouble because he ignored a player that was writhing on the ground ..it was a bad injury ...that could have been playing on his mind..But still if we had someone to make him think twice before he makes a call or he’s going to get an earfull, could make a difference

i agree and from memory you are correct with why the rule was brought in. I think it was a Warriors player in a game V Storm (?) he was badly injured on the ground near the ruck, ref didn’t stop play and the Storm score.

The NRL then said that a trainer can stop the game at any time by signaling to the referee that a player is injured. It can 100% be rorted and clearly was on Saturday twice by the Knights. Really it should only be if the player is in serious trouble and unable to walk off the field. A sore arm 40m in backplay is zero excuse for the game to be stoped and any clubs trainer who does that should be fined.

gordsy

Juniors
Speaking of fines I hope Leilua is fined for impersonating a football player on the weekend.
Talk about thieving a pay packet. This is after him having the gall to say he is the best centre.
Would love to see him interviewed when the nrl announces that the players are taking huge pay cuts.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Maybe I'm seeing things but I just feel like none of the players (including Knights) really cared about the game as they knew it was all coming to an end anyway

Latest posts