What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Smack

Coach
Your ability to not accept reality is stunningly impressive mate.

There was only one vacant weekend btw, not really sure how you'd use the rounds with byes in them to play any more games?

As others have pointed out even the afl have shortened their season. It would make sense for us to do the same, 15 rounds (everyone plays once) and into finals.

Thats IF we all restart. 10 weeks is a massive maybe.

I don't believe we will, 6-12 months most likely

Frailty

First Grade
Suspension of the season needed to be done. To be honest, the first two rounds shouldn't have happened.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't believe we will, 6-12 months most likely

The US is talking July-August as when 'recovery' begins. We are slightly behind them, so I wouldn't be betting on seeing any sport until August-September. Unless the NRL do a modified competition (think of a short Pool system like the Nines), you won't see the game come back in 2020.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I suggest you calm the f**k down and answer my question. Who's lives were put at risk - let alone who died - from NRL playing on? They gave a f**kload of people another week's pay.

yes, one of us needs to calm down

enjoy watching the footy next weekend

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Still got the cruise people showing signs of it. Given within 10-14 days you have it out of your system in 2-3 weeks all those idiots from the beach party and others crammed in will be back to healthy.

I do agree it will keep going up over the week but in 2 months though given we can’t do anything should be plenty more recovering than we have new cases

The numbers will keep doubling every 3 days, until a full scale lockdown. Even after the lockdown commences, those numbers will still rise sharply for a few weeks due to testing lag, family members spreading to other family members.

We should have gone into full lockdown over a week ago, in a few weeks time we will see considerable fatalities on a daily basis.

Smack

Coach
The US is talking July-August as when 'recovery' begins. We are slightly behind them, so I wouldn't be betting on seeing any sport until August-September. Unless the NRL do a modified competition (think of a short Pool system like the Nines), you won't see the game come back in 2020.

I got a bad feeling in my gut that the US will end up worse than everyone else

Frailty

First Grade

They have A LOT of catching up to do with Italy.

Whilst they are only 20,000 cases behind, they're currently around 5,500 less deaths. There are factors that contribute to this, including Italy have one of the oldest populations in the world.

That being said, they just added 9,900 cases in the last day. Their health system will collapse soon.

Spot On

Coach
The numbers will keep doubling every 3 days, until a full scale lockdown. Even after the lockdown commences, those numbers will still rise sharply for a few weeks due to testing lag, family members spreading to other family members.

We should have gone into full lockdown over a week ago, in a few weeks time we will see considerable fatalities on a daily basis.

A week behind is where we have been from the outset. Probably 2.

They have A LOT of catching up to do with Italy.

Whilst they are only 20,000 cases behind, they're currently around 5,500 less deaths. There are factors that contribute to this, including Italy have one of the oldest populations in the world.

That being said, they just added 9,900 cases in the last day. Their health system will collapse soon.

The poor get left behind in the US health system, though. I agree with Smack’s gut.

Knight76

Juniors

I was going to post the same. I fear the US is heading for a real catastrophe.

Their health system is prohibitively expensive and the poor, many of them just wont get tested. Sure, testing for covid19 is free, but treatment for it? Hospitslisation and intensive care?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
The poor get left behind in the US health system, though. I agree with Smack’s gut.
The mother flogdashian gets a test thrown at her without even asking and with no symptons because she was in the same building as somone who tested positive but you can come in on a stretcher and be denied a test

Tommy Smith

Referee
Your ability to not accept reality is stunningly impressive mate.
Given some of your efforts in this thread that's an all-time "Pot. Kettle. Black." moment.

Screenshot_20200324-065738.jpg

"...a grand total of 80 cases" That couldn't possibly grow exponentially, could it?!

Heck, I'm sure you even praised Scomo's response at one point :D

One thing we can agree on, the NRL won't be back for a fair while. And a full season is now an absolute fantasy with the best case scenario being a 15 week competition.

My concern is this: if we've suspended the comp at 1800 cases, does anyone seriously think we'll be below 2000 cases once we reach that figure at any point throughout the year? And certainly not in the sense of being on the downward trajectory of the curve, either.

Sadly I think the NRL is done for 2020 but would love to be wrong.

seanoff

Juniors
https://time.com/5806312/coronavirus-treatment-cost/

34k for one girl.

they expect 20k for a serious case

don’t go to hospital is time’s advice
“For Danni Askini’s first trip to the hospital in Boston on Feb. 29, for example, she was charged $1,804 for her emergency room visit and another $3,841.07 for “hospital services.””

She was charged nearly 4K for walking in the door. FMD.

The article is very depressing reading for the non insured in the USA.

Latest posts