What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
https://time.com/5806312/coronavirus-treatment-cost/

34k for one girl.

they expect 20k for a serious case

don’t go to hospital is time’s advice
“For Danni Askini’s first trip to the hospital in Boston on Feb. 29, for example, she was charged $1,804 for her emergency room visit and another $3,841.07 for “hospital services.””

She was charged nearly 4K for walking in the door. FMD.

The article is very depressing reading for the non insured in the USA.

Obama did his best to improve free health care but was mocked for it. It’s a crazy country America, spends trillions on its military and let’s it’s people die in the streets.
Home of the brave and the free lol

Fangs

Coach
If the NRL does manage to come back this season (If...) then it will probably be one of the most exciting seasons in memory. Imagine something like a 10 round competition, the bloody Titans could make the 8 from there.

One off Origin game. Play it anywhere you want. Expand the Nines to include Northern Hemisphere teams. Even expand the WCC to include all squads from the NRL and Super League.

For now we are all going to jerk off over the winter but the NRL should be as creative as possible. All options are on the table.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Spend time with my son, I’ll do exercises, read, odd jobs. Look for a job too considering I lost mine due to this whole thing.

I won’t get on here hourly sounding like a asshole: that job is yours.

Well good luck with that I hope your personal situation improves even if your personality can’t

taste2taste

Juniors
If the NRL does manage to come back this season (If...) then it will probably be one of the most exciting seasons in memory. Imagine something like a 10 round competition, the bloody Titans could make the 8 from there.

One off Origin game. Play it anywhere you want. Expand the Nines to include Northern Hemisphere teams. Even expand the WCC to include all squads from the NRL and Super League.

For now we are all going to jerk off over the winter but the NRL should be as creative as possible. All options are on the table.
100%
I've always been a huge fan of the NFL 'less is more' approach. Short season = every game matters!
In theory, if we did have a short season the games would be played at semi final intensity. Based on the quality of game and the fact there would be less games to attend the crowds would be larger. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Side note: reports are suggesting the NRL has 150million in savings ( previous reports said 70m ) it would be a real shame if that money was lost paying the high paid players. I know they've got financial commitments but they share the highs and lows of the games profits so if they game isn't making money neither should they.

Perth Red

Post Whore
100%
I've always been a huge fan of the NFL 'less is more' approach. Short season = every game matters!
In theory, if we did have a short season the games would be played at semi final intensity. Based on the quality of game and the fact there would be less games to attend the crowds would be larger. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Side note: reports are suggesting the NRL has 150million in savings ( previous reports said 70m ) it would be a real shame if that money was lost paying the high paid players. I know they've got financial commitments but they share the highs and lows of the games profits so if they game isn't making money neither should they.

not sure the media have read that right, according to annual report 2019 they had $120mill in equity

page 142: https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/about/annual-reports/nrl_annualreport_2019.pdf

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thanks, interesting read.

I wonder what the plans for the 120million were ? Buy a stadium ?

It's shame this has come along just when the game was getting the books in order.

if the clubs and nrl had been less flash with the cash they could have bought a 50% (at least) stake in bankwest. With 3 or 4 clubs playing out of there it could have been a good investment and given them the asset base they are so sadly lacking.

Spot On

Coach
https://time.com/5806312/coronavirus-treatment-cost/

34k for one girl.

they expect 20k for a serious case

don’t go to hospital is time’s advice
“For Danni Askini’s first trip to the hospital in Boston on Feb. 29, for example, she was charged $1,804 for her emergency room visit and another $3,841.07 for “hospital services.””

She was charged nearly 4K for walking in the door. FMD.

The article is very depressing reading for the non insured in the USA.

It can cost 10K or more in the US if you break an arm.

Latest posts