What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Stoked that this has happened. Let's hope he gives us a good option at hooker. Heaps of competition for spots now.

I reckon there are more advantages to us as well. It gives us time to sort out our outside backs and hooker situation and hopefully it gives us a player for the longer term who is good value on the cap. I think Momo has signed with us for a further 2 years.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We got him and the comp is over.

I was impressed with Grant in this interview...for such a young guy he didn’t miss a beat...no nervous laughs and sounds like a winner..I read today he’s touted as becoming the best in the game..He could be that guy

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Good news for the two.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/te...t/news-story/e2417137a47bc0efba9841f04c237f23

Tears outside court as two rugby league players acquitted of assault

Rugby league players Zane Musgrove and Liam Coleman have been acquitted on appeal of an indecent assault charge.

Musgrove plays in the NRL and Coleman has been a squad listed player but never cracked first grade.

The pair were accused and charged with indecently assaulting a woman at Coogee Bay Hotel in November 2018.

They were found guilty but appealed the decision and on Friday were acquitted.

Coleman - the son of South Sydney legend Craig Coleman - “broke down” outside court and described the past 16 months as “hell”.

Musgrove, 24, is contracted to Wests Tigers.

ATOWN2

Juniors
I was impressed with Grant in this interview...for such a young guy he didn’t miss a beat...no nervous laughs and sounds like a winner..I read today he’s touted as becoming the best in the game..He could be that guy

He played QLD residents last year. Time will tell.

The unknown

Juniors
Good news for the two.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/te...t/news-story/e2417137a47bc0efba9841f04c237f23

Tears outside court as two rugby league players acquitted of assault

Rugby league players Zane Musgrove and Liam Coleman have been acquitted on appeal of an indecent assault charge.

Musgrove plays in the NRL and Coleman has been a squad listed player but never cracked first grade.

The pair were accused and charged with indecently assaulting a woman at Coogee Bay Hotel in November 2018.

They were found guilty but appealed the decision and on Friday were acquitted.

Coleman - the son of South Sydney legend Craig Coleman - “broke down” outside court and described the past 16 months as “hell”.

Musgrove, 24, is contracted to Wests Tigers.

So which NRL player is gonna have the balls to take these attention seekers to court?

gordsy

Juniors
So which NRL player is gonna have the balls to take these attention seekers to court?
That's a stretch. Without reviewing the evidence I can't say one way or the other why the verdict was over turned but enough evidence was found to find them guilty the first time

The unknown

Juniors
That's a stretch. Without reviewing the evidence I can't say one way or the other why the verdict was over turned but enough evidence was found to find them guilty the first time

Well 9/10 they are gonna crucify the NRL player because NRL, as seen with Reynolds (only showing the girls side of the story first) and NAS, etc.

Now that he is effectively innocent he technically should’ve been allowed to play last year, which is a bit of a flaw in the NRLs system

WA Tiger

Bench
Well 9/10 they are gonna crucify the NRL player because NRL, as seen with Reynolds (only showing the girls side of the story first) and NAS, etc.

Now that he is effectively innocent he technically should’ve been allowed to play last year, which is a bit of a flaw in the NRLs system
It’s just something thats going to remain a mystery .. it could have been like the Reynolds women or maybe the guys showed an interest in this woman, then maybe when they tried for a home run but were struck out maybe they got pissed off and then maybe parted with a few choice words that the woman didn’t appreciate..and she thought ok guys I’ll teach you a lesson ..That may not have happend, but then again it’s not too much of a stretch to imagine that it did, or some variation of the theme, especially after a few beers ..but for sure 1-There are some crazy women out there like the Reynolds women but I think 2- As hard as it might be in some situations, men just have to be nice to women and show them respect regardless and then the chances of them being framed/set up or getting into trouble are going to be a lot less...if that is what happend then those two guys learnt that lesson, the hard way

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
1 There are some crazy women out there like the Reynolds women but I think 2 As hard as it might be in some situations just have to be nice to women and show respect regardless and then the chances of getting framed or getting into trouble are a lot less...if that is what happend then they learnt that lesson the hard way
I think Josh was option 2 but the girl friend was option 1.
You will never win until (as "Unknown" suggested) someone takes them to task.

gordsy

Juniors

No. He wasn't found innocent until now so under the rules, (as stupid as they are, he wasn't eligible to play)
He should count himself lucky he was even able to sign a contract. He was found guilty and was allowed to sign for the Tigers which is wrong. Anyway the bottom line he has now been found innocent and is a free man etc.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
No. He wasn't found innocent until now so under the rules, (as stupid as they are he wasn't eligible to play)
He should be lucky he was even able to sign a contract. He was found guilty and was allowed to sign for the Tigers which is wrong. Anyway the bottom line he has now been found innocent and is a free man etc.

Yeah I was pretty surprised the NRL approved his contract unless they had damning evidence he was innocent, I thought if they were consistent with their own rules they would have atleast waited until after the trial