What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential NRL clubs "the Purge"

Stake Removed

First Grade
Brisbane – Safe as no risk, this might even push back 2nd Brisbane team, they will benefit

Canberra – Never draw big crowds, will they keeps sponsors, I think they will be hurt, the amount of damage not sure

Canterbury – One of biggest leagues club but cant trade, off field issues will vanish due everything else will be a survivor

Melbourne – No risk NRL needs them

NZ Warriors – Not sure here, they got goodwill for staying but a revamped League will they just want to start in Australia

Nth Qld – League will ensure they stay

Gold Coast – NRL has another chance to kill them off now, with no defence

Newcastle – Big Leagues club backing but cant trade will be safe

Penrith – I actually think this could be a club in trouble, the leagues club dosent care if they don’t have team, do they cull from 3 to 2 in the west

Wests Tigers – Interesting scenario he comes the chance for Wests to take it all over, and rebrand back to West Magpies, and kill the Tigers

Parramatta – Safe as houses no risk, new stadium helps

Souths – No risk Crowe involved

Sydney Roosters – Biggest fear here is Politis gets more control of the game

Manly – Certainly under threat owner has looked at getting out in past, danger

Stgeorge – The NRL will need to prop them up, or will want us to merge if we stay stronge could be good night to them

Sharks – If the figure is correct $17m, the construction company cover the club we could be the winner here, but its us so who knows.

Overall as long as we are ok biggest risk of clubs – Dragons, Sea Eagles, Titans, Warriors

SadShark

Bench
Politis/Roosters. Must dominate. Seemingly no salary cap. Are the NRL forgetting that the Manly dominance in the 90’s brought about Super League? Back in the 90’s, Politis wasn’t a billionaire with his foot on Rugby League’s neck. Hallucinates: Super Leaugue MKII with the backing of ESPN & all the entities that combine. Ha f**ken ha if something like that faaarks their devious plan.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Give they cut any traditonal team, there fans will walk, and possibly fans from other clubs as well. The NRL to keep fans need all 16 to survive if they can if they kill any they could kill the code

Quigs

Immortal
It is going to be an interesting exercise for me. Considering I am already boardering on nearly being over it all and now this. A fair dinkum real time experience of not having to put up with the week in week out bullshit that goes with the NRL season.

I shall see how I hold up and how I feel like responding to the peace and tranquility.

I blame scummo.

Stake Removed

First Grade
It is going to be an interesting exercise for me. Considering I am already boardering on nearly being over it all and now this. A fair dinkum real time experience of not having to put up with the week in week out bullshit that goes with the NRL season.

I shall see how I hold up and how I feel like responding to the peace and tranquility.

I blame scummo.

I just cancelled KAYO i dont need it with no Sharks

R-15-3

Juniors
Won’t be surprised if someone tries to buy out the nrl and 100% of teams. Long term streaming services are the king and who has unlimited money and buying up entertainment around the world Disney.

blue bags

First Grade
Won’t be surprised if someone tries to buy out the nrl and 100% of teams. Long term streaming services are the king and who has unlimited money and buying up entertainment around the world Disney.
The 30 biggest media companies in the world
  1. Alphabet — $59.62 billion in media revenue.
  2. The Walt Disney Company — $22.45 billion in media revenue. ...
  3. Comcast — $19.72 billion in media revenue. ...
  4. 21st Century Fox — $18.67 billion in media revenue. ...
  5. 5. Facebook — $11.49 billion. ...
  6. Bertelsmann — $10.04 billion in media revenue. ...
  7. Viacom — $9.61 billion in media revenue. ...
https://www.businessinsider.com/the...#1-alphabet--5962-billion-in-media-revenue-30

With the big recession caused by Wuhan flu now arriving, a lot of builders will come under serious pressure. Suddenly the decision to cash out 100% of our interest in the development is a genius move - just hope the cash didn't get put into Qantas shares!

That decision to cash out was amazingly good timing and good luck, and we need it..

The construction industry, from what I see is still going ok, the office block getting built next to my workplace in Parramatta is going gangbusters and friends who work in demolition are still getting plenty of work.

My version of the purge would see NZ Warriors and Gold Coast gone, St George relocating totally to Illawarra and maybe a merge between Manly and either the Chooks or Souffs, if the Manly ship starts sinking.

Windy70

Juniors
We'll be fine. We're the Deadpool of the NRL.

Do what you want to us. give us some time for our legs to grow back and we're good.

Card Shark

Immortal
Give they cut any traditonal team, there fans will walk, and possibly fans from other clubs as well. The NRL to keep fans need all 16 to survive if they can if they kill any they could kill the code

I disagree.

Perfect timing to cut some teams & not blame the NRL for that decision.

If we don’t rationalise after this, they never will.

Latest posts