What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19

The unknown

Juniors
we should have been been in lockdown weeks ago when our cases were below 100. Seriously Australia had the upper hand with being a massive ass island isolated from everyone compared to Europe where one country can literally border with 4 others

America a week ago barely even rated a mention when it came to the virus now it looks like overtaking Italy as the epicentre. Australia won’t get near their numbers due to sheer population but we’ll start cracking alarming figures and our healthcare will be overstretched

WA Tiger

Bench
Im watching Morrison on tv now..he’s not a leader is he...but one things for sure “we will be working day and night... blah blah”

The unknown

Juniors
Im watching Morrison on tv now..he’s not a leader is he...but one things for sure “we will be working day and night... blah blah”

To be fair most leaders are buckling under this situation but he does have form. It’s a mystery why he’s acting so slow on everything despite the evidence and advice from worldwide medical experts

Tigers4ever

Juniors
Doctors and chiefs of university are wanting more strict lock downs and Scott Morrison is acting dumb pulling our dicks. Let’s defeat this virus early stage and think about tomorrow tomorrow. Prevention is better then cure. Just bit the bullet Scott.

Tigers4ever

Juniors
If the government is fair dinkum about covid 19, close everything down now that they can. Just let the economy be second just this once. The economy for you and I will be nothing anyway with out health.

WA Tiger

Bench
haha been self-isolating for a few days have we:)
Haha sounds like it doesn’t it ..shall we say one of my hobbies is healthy food and this is one of the many tid bits I’ve stumbled on ...If this thing hits u the lungs will be the main target ..I read in Italy there’s lines of patients struggling to breath...This thing could take us all...no one knows what’s next it’s something that should be in the history books not now...but however bad it gets the question is who were the leaders and for me who voted for them and why ...it remains a complete mystery to me

WA Tiger

Bench
To be fair most leaders are buckling under this situation but he does have form. It’s a mystery why he’s acting so slow on everything despite the evidence and advice from worldwide medical experts
True and who could have expected this..so Im being a bit unfair ..is that what china did ..It obviously worked ..but then their boss man isn’t too worried about what his country thinks of him..and he’s prob got $$ in reserve

WA Tiger

Bench
My take before this was China was marching merrily to eventually take over the world ...I was thinking this was a heavenly force to put a halt to that...everything’s for a reason?

axl rose

Bench
Working from home. Kids trying to second the work laptop. Begone spawn of evil!

Home school.

One rule is no games and crap until after 3.00.

No fraternising with other kids during the day, unless it’s an essential service.

I will move to curfew later on.

I’m expecting to make plenty of arrests in the first day.
haha exclusive footage of Silverdale Phantom obtained. For those with kids, a fate that awaits us all.

WA Tiger

Bench
@WA Tiger shout out to our friends closing their borders to keep us out. So much for our Commonwealth!

Ok I am giving it a try for fun. $3.30 a packet at Woolies. It tastes ok, lmouth guard flavour after the fifth game. Still, why waste a good wives tale!

I’d be ok to turn into a women for a few months so long there’s social distancing and the missus didn’t turn.

But if I turn into a rat, I may have to report your post to one of beloved mods.

We don’t need the fat police sargeant out there keeping the nsw curfew, we just need @macnaz and his team of forum informants keeping the peace on the high street.

I get around the forum, they’ve got undercover mods out there boys. Keep it clean, your next post could be your last!
Your a funny guy mate seriously..yea linseed is cheep as hell ...I’d just try to get as much of it down each day as possible ..I’d be happy with 5-7 heaped tablespoons ..you have to grind in a $40 grinder or soak over night or it just goes straight through you

Your a funny guy mate seriously..yea linseed is cheep as hell ...I’d just try to get as much of it down each day as possible ..I’d be happy with 5-7 heaped tablespoons ..you have to grind in a $40 grinder or soak over night or it just goes straight through you

Thanks.

People might not believe me, but I’ve found a reference to that study you mentioned. It has a few tricks up it’s sleeve: good heart and cardio, may be a cancer fighter, slows tumours and helps lung, stomach etc, even arthritis etc.
As you said, you have to ground it up.

I suppose Western Australia is about to finally secede. You were the last state to join the commonwealth in 1901 and that was a rush job. Have your own family court too. Why don’t you like us? Must be all the tax we take.

Spoke to the accountant tonight. The good news is that there’s plenty of cash to spend on the crisis and I reckon scomo, being slow to act, is going to spend. Basically, we are borrowing the dough from the future. So we can enjoy our linseed for a long time. I’m throwing in some garlic as well as it kills everything and probably good for social distancing!

haha exclusive footage of Silverdale Phantom obtained. For those with kids, a fate that awaits us all.

lol. I’m trying to introduce school uniforms for home school, but no one wants to iron them.

School is already sending through stuff on line.

The kids go to different schools and the times aren’t synchronised. I tried to streamline it, but there were heavy protests and a threat of a walk out. Had to buy a new desk.

Tomorrow is physical education day and I’m taking one child to the park to kick a footy around. She won’t want to play tackle either.
We have to video tape some of it. So It will be me with the Benji throwing a pass to myself, me with the chee Kam step, me taking a bomb like thommo -last year anyway. She can film it and we will send it in and get the “a”. The p.e teacher will love it!

Best policy is hard core and I’m pretty confident the economy will recover eventually. Just try not to get the thing until the hospitals are better equipped.

The stuff I’ve read, are that people are ready for toughness, if we can get by with basics and not lose everything. And we want every last freedom back. When the world gets over it, don’t know when, but the economy will boom. Post war growth. It’s not the apocalypse ( unless you are one of my kids).

If they don’t behave, weekends are cancelled! One of the boys is overdoing the study. Did his homework straight after school. Black sheep, I will have to sit him down. In scomos weird world, I should have sent him to school to do his homework.

Still no social distancing on the High Street today. People still want to snuggle up to you in queues. Wtf!

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, I guess I will have to talk to the missus for a few months, shit, I wonder what she likes?:cool:
OIP.IcDSRSUcnVwl1l-rRR2OhAAAAA

She likes soap shows and girly flicks, who knew? This is gunna be a looong winter.
I hope Netflix can deliver:)

I am thinking of forming of neighbourhood vigilante group.

Cordon off the street and stop and triage every driver.

Some of our islander brothers on the street, they are bigger and weigh a lot more than many compact cars. Look scary but the ones I’ve met are pretty friendly folk.

If someone gets through, perhaps road spikes, oc spray or taser.

No guns because civilians with guns are hopeless shots and liable to kill a kid or a brother or sister by accident.

Forced linseed feeding through a tube if people don’t come quietly.

It helps the brain as well.

Actually, to be honest for a moment, I am feeling a bit better for the linseed already.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
I am thinking of forming of neighbourhood vigilante group.

Cordon off the street and stop and triage every driver.

Some of our islander brothers on the street, they are bigger and weigh a lot more than many compact cars. Look scary but the ones I’ve met are pretty friendly folk.

If someone gets through, perhaps road spikes, oc spray or taser.

No guns because civilians with guns are hopeless shots and liable to kill a kid or a brother or sister by accident.

Forced linseed feeding through a tube if people don’t come quietly.

It helps the brain as well.

Actually, to be honest for a moment, I am feeling a bit better for the linseed already.
lol but if you're the police who will police the police? see this is what happens when they ban Rugby League

giphy.gif

Last edited:
lol but if you're the police who will police the police? see this is what happens when they ban Rugby League

giphy.gif

It’s our ‘hood and me and the lads have to defend it from the virus!

Once inside the neighbourhood compound, you sit it out for 14 days in a garden and if clean, then you can join us on the frontline.

But if you get a temperature and one other symptom, after a short and fair trial, we throw you over the barricade and you can fend for yourself. You can have either judge alone or a jury of your peers.

Social distancing in the hood is 15 metres except when “ greeting” visitors.

An uncovered cough or unattended sniff often results in a bad beating.

The hood is financed by everybody claiming 2 or 3 dole cheque’s and donations from grateful families we keep safe.

We gotta supply of gas masks coming from the black market in Tripoli.

All temperature checks are done the old fashioned way. That’s for folks we catch thieving or lying to a brother without reasonable cause.

The cops just wave as they go past the barricades. Nothing to see here, no trouble. A couple of masks and a grenade or two a week helps to distract them.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Im reading that Wests Tigers staff are unlikely to be stood down. I'm happy for them that they are not in the dole que. But, Josh Reynolds jokes aside, im surprised we can afford to pay employees for doing nothing. If the comp is completely shit canned this year, which it will be, wont we need that money. What a mess.

Tigerm

First Grade
Im reading that Wests Tigers staff are unlikely to be stood down. I'm happy for them that they are not in the dole que. But, Josh Reynolds jokes aside, im surprised we can afford to pay employees for doing nothing. If the comp is completely shit canned this year, which it will be, wont we need that money. What a mess.
Maybe if they are worth keeping then they are worth the expense, as you may not get hem back?