What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

simmo05

Bench
My predicted:

Short term - Albo/Labor wont give the Libs many problems during the crisis. They will kindly point out problem, but they want people to realise gov is important and collective action works (these will favour Labor at the election)

Long term - Labor will hammer the Libs for the recession, unemployment and terrible state of our hospitals and gov services

From a political view, labor is doing well atm...
Very well, they are setting up for a decade long reign. Hopefully merkins will get rid of the ABCC this time!!

simmo05

Bench
What don't you lot get? They want everyone to get the rona, just not all at once. If it was an eradication, the country would be totally shut down for a month. They have chosen herd immunity. They actually want 60 percent of the country to get it. Sick of hearing this shut everything down shit. How would you all go if the banks collapsed and took your houses with them? And super?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
They have A LOT of catching up to do with Italy.

Whilst they are only 20,000 cases behind, they're currently around 5,500 less deaths. There are factors that contribute to this, including Italy have one of the oldest populations in the world.

That being said, they just added 9,900 cases in the last day. Their health system will collapse soon.

The main reason for the high rate of Italian deaths is who they are testing. They aren't testing people with mild symptoms. It is likely their true number is in the half million range.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
IF the season comes back this year, what are the chances that the NRL will come out and say "Look, these guys have spent enough time sitting on their asses, as far as suspensions and the judiciary is concerned, the ledger is clean. We're starting fresh."?

Spot On

Coach
If your lungs shut down and you die it won’t make much difference what happens to your super.

Goes to my wife and kids. Just not as much as pre corona.

Unfortunately, the economic fallout will have devastating effects on people's health as well ... and that will also cause deaths.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What don't you lot get? They want everyone to get the rona, just not all at once. If it was an eradication, the country would be totally shut down for a month. They have chosen herd immunity. They actually want 60 percent of the country to get it. Sick of hearing this shut everything down shit. How would you all go if the banks collapsed and took your houses with them? And super?

probably better than if I was in ICU on a ventilator, or worse in a hallway as ICU is full. 655 deaths in Spain yesterday, the economy will recover, you won’t if you die!

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Goes to my wife and kids. Just not as much as pre corona.

Unfortunately, the economic fallout will have devastating effects on people's health as well ... and that will also cause deaths.

As will mine.

But unless you’ve done something pretty horrid to your wife, I dare say she and your kids would rather have you there with them then to get the payout from your super. I know I’d rather have the market tank than get a cheque from my wife’s super fund with the knowledge that the ASX is doing well.

TheVelourFog

First Grade

they have chosen more deaths

call it what it is

emesssea

Juniors
Amercians, sheesh. Dumbest country on the planet

Its a psychological. People tend to rally around a leader, regardless of their competency, during major crisis. Bush enjoyed ridiculous approval post-9/11 across the political board, and seemed a lock for a second term, and it was only typical Democratic incompetency that allowed him to to get a second term. His father also enjoyed high approval ratings during the Gulf War, 2 years later he is conceding to Clinton.

flippikat

Bench

I am SO glad we haven't gone for the insane "herd immunity" strategy here in New Zealand. My mother has early stage emphysema and her meds for rheumatoid arthritis compromise her immunity too. My nephew has asthma. My youngest sister has schizophrenia and is a bit freaked out.

I would be furious if my Government gambled with Darwinism and put their wellness at stake.

Yeah, we're under a lockdown for 28 days, but the Government is rolling out as much support as it can for all effected - and I'm eternally grateful to Jacinda and her team for doing everything they can to PROTECT THE VULNERABLE.

Even if it means disruption to me. So be it.

t-ba

Post Whore

So if the bank goes under the house magically disappears into the aether?

Wow, amazing.

flippikat

Bench
So if the bank goes under the house magically disappears into the aether?

Wow, amazing.

Exactly. An asset is still an asset.

Anyone who has been able to focus on paying off debt in the last 10 years of low interest rates (and it's been a great decade to pay off debt) will have tons of equity.

Silent Knight

First Grade
hopefully when things get back to normal, the nrl tells 9 where to shove it.

NRL 2020: Channel 9 wants contract with rugby league torn up

Wait a minute, Nein thinks the NRL won’t rate in Spring and Summer because of cricket?

ZHiSVojdFx-bcNiDZas7qADfy20-J5Z62lzjJTpgxJ4jZWkUMQjZdtISaQe9hSHzz2HUsB3sg8UyDDVk3MYLqH7W_VTwH2dC2cM8iRIJiz8X=w320-h240

I really hope Seven or Ten pick up the postponed NRL season and then we’ll really see what rates.

Latest posts