What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

Dragon David

First Grade
Are clubs seriously of the opinion that the salary cap will remain the same as it is now and that salaries of $700K and more per year for the elite players for 2021 and onwards can be negotiated? I say that won't happen because the salary cap will be reduced significantly for a few years so that the league can gradually negotiate higher payments from Broadcasters etc which have taken a big hit as well from this cruel virus. The NRL must streamline the competition completely and reduce a ton of wastage that currently (or was) exists (existed). No need for all the assistant coaches, no need for high performance personnel and medicos, there is just no need for all the crap that they have had all of the past years.

Just need decent coaches to set game plans, do all defence and attacking and skills coaching themselves without the assistants. I'm sure coaches like Jack Gibson, Harry Bath etc did not need all of these things and people. Just fitness trainers, physios are needed.

Based on my opinion, I don't think the NRL will grant Frizell that sort of payment by the Knights. Tyson's main gripe is having McGregor as his coach. In my opinion as well, Tyson is a jinx and he won't win a premiership with the Knights. That is also why we haven't done all that good with him in the team as well as having McGregor.

My small cents worth which again is only my opinion.

Bench
Let’s see...

Morris, Dugan, Packer, Thompson, Widdop, Mann, MacDonald and Frizell.

All gone because of McIdiot.

Who have I omitted?
I would look at the juniors who have gone because there has not been to translation to first grade
On Tyson, one of my favourite players. I thought that after watching McIdiot throwing him under the bus at the post game interview, my first thoughts were that he would be leaving.
I don’t really think that he will taste a premiership with Newcastle.
Tyson, I wish you all the best for the future and thanks for the memories.
And to our coach Feck you

RED73V

Juniors
Newcastle offered $2.1million and the Dragons $2 million for 3 years according to reports. He is not used properly at the Dragons and is nearly 29. This will allow others to be retained such as Ford. Tyson was high impact but was never a matchwinner like other pivotal players in other teams.
YOU CAN”T be serious Tyson has been able to represent our State & Country with no meaningful coaching or development from McDipshit. It has been all of his OWN HARD WORK. Name just 1 other player McGregor has improved or developed with any success? This is a vote of NO CONFIDENCE IN THE COACH. Tyson wants to win a premiership & knows he won’t win won with the shit imposter we have . Actions speak louder then words. Paul Kent & Paul Crawley .... start asking the hard questions instead of meaningless crap that gives McGregor a easy out & not own his deplorable coaching record to date.

Mark D

Juniors
You could tell at the last after match presser that Tyson was gone.. mentioned b4 it was the same look B Moz had... anyway good luck to him.. I do feel Tyrell is a great singing and think Ford will develop nicely. We should have some money to spend as suspect Graham will finish up to amongst others off contract..so if McGregor is removed then we may attract some real nice buys. First things first though need to get through all that’s going on first before anything

gitano

Juniors
Friz was good for us but he is just a solid edge backrower, no more than that. He isn't fast and has zero ball playing ability.

In saying that, he's one hell of a competitor. I'm sure the JdB situation remained a factor in his decision. Blame Mary if you mugs want, and you will, but it's a better salary cap decision to let him walk.

Latest posts