What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club members

jack coburn

Juniors
I was just wondering how many people on this forum have memberships for their club and
do you care about keeping that membership even though they aren't playing to support them.
My wife bought my daughter , son and myself one for the last couple of years and is blowing up.
Myself I don't mind keeping on paying until we see this through.
What are other supporters thought on this?

moffla

Bench
Me and my partner have decided we don't want a refund. It was a pretty easy decision, tbh.
Want the game to return the strongest way possible and I suppose every dollar helps in that sense.

I do find it totally understandable though those who want/need a refund given the circumstances.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
If your out of work and struggling due to the current situation getting a few hundred bucks back isn’t going to change your situation, sadly.

best leave it with the club

Valheru

Coach
A refund is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment, they need all the help they can get and I am sure they will repay the favour next year when they can.

Having said that I only pay for the 1 GA membership as I go with a good mate and I also haven't lost my job. I completely understand some people are in complete different circumstances so you can't blame them for asking for their money back.

Have one bronze membership and three chooksters for the kids. Paid up in full last year on auto renewal. Happy to leave the money with the club and as already mentioned, I won’t begrudge anyone who demands their money.

yobbo84

First Grade
An email us Rabbitohs members received, with a link to pledge online, which I'll be doing.

Dear [REDACTED],

Membership truely is the lifeblood of our great Club.

Through every challenge we’ve faced you’ve always been by our side. Hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, standing above the rest. We all have some challenging days ahead of us, challenges that we can conquer together.

Due to the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on our Club & our community, we face an uncertain future. While we are hopeful of delivering a full & successful season for all of our ticketed Members to enjoy, we cannot say for certain what the 2020 NRL season will look like in the wake of this crisis.

The financial impact of the suspension of the season is significant. We will rely on our Membership to ensure that we remain viable, & have the structures in place to continue as the Pride of the League when the game returns.

With our hands on our hearts we are asking that our ticketed Members continue to stand above the rest & support our Club in the most powerful way possible, by pledging your 2020 Membership fee to the Club regardless of the resumption of the NRL season. Your support is as important now as it has ever been.

Thank you for your support [REDACTED], Rabbitoh Member [REDACTED]

#SSFCTogether

sempmrh

Juniors
I don’t want a refund - even if the club offers one. I’m already paid in full but even if I wasn’t I’d continue paying monthly instalments. I pay to attend games but more than that I pay to support my club. I stood by the Storm in 2010 and I’ll stand by them in 2020.

Obviously everyone is in a different situation and some might not be able to continue with their membership - which I understand. But if you’re in a position to keep your membership - keep it.

I have two season tickets. I emailed my club and said that if they feel obliged to or are forced to offer refunds that I would waive that and rather them keep the money as I'd rather it help keep someone employed and the club going.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Will depend on individual situations. My job is safe so I’m actually putting more into my SL club as they are going to be in dire straights.

Valheru

Coach
I have two season tickets. I emailed my club and said that if they feel obliged to or are forced to offer refunds that I would waive that and rather them keep the money as I'd rather it help keep someone employed and the club going.

Did they respond to you?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have a family of 5 so I'm hoping they just roll mine over into next year.

you’d think all clubs would do this, it helps this years cash flow and whilst it will create a hole in next years budget if they haven’t learnt by now that they can’t keep spending $25-30million a year then they never will and deserve what they get.

King hit

Coach
Mine was only $10 a month so it doesn’t really bother me to much. I’ve got a healthy amount of money so it isn’t going to make a difference.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I am a member or the NSW RAS that runs the easter show. Now they are losing basically their largest (by far) source of income by not running the show this year. They have decided that anyone that has renewed will not have to renew for 2021 and they are not accepting anymore renewals for 2020. This is what RL clubs should do. The RAS were quick do to this and actually care about members.

RL clubs on the other hand are a different beast. I have no issue with someone happy to pay this years membership and not get a refund, but it should be a choice and its not.
I know of one club that rang a player level sponsor (after games stopped) to sponsor again in 2020 despite there being no guarantee of any games .

But this just mirrors the issues with RL its not about the fans its about the money

Latest posts