What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

sempmrh

Juniors
I bet Nine are bluffing so they can attempt to renegotiate the current deal for less money overall - and I bet the ARLC will roll over and let them.

Ch 9 don't have the cricket.

Seriously though...if they're playing in Oct-Dec, surely that affects 2021?

If they can't play a shortened season June-Early October, just shit can 2020 and hope to be ready for 2021.

However, they could play exhibition or SOO.
Maybe a Victorian team with Cam Smith as C.
Or tests?

flippikat

Bench
hopefully when things get back to normal, the nrl tells 9 where to shove it.

NRL 2020: Channel 9 wants contract with rugby league torn up

IMO the NRL should try to hold Channel 9 to the current deal as much as possible, even if they concede a little - but REMEMBER this in the negotiations for the next deal.

There's little point in trying to negotiate a new deal (especially if it's to replace the current one mid-deal) until we know what the competition in 2021 and beyond will look like.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What is absolutely bizarre in the article is the statement about nine hoping or wanting to influence the club's into having more influence in the running of the game. I find such statements utterly unbelievable that a media organisation thinks it can make these dictations. I see this as them attempting to profiteer from the crisis and I hope they burn for it.

Aside from that hopefully the NRL calls there bluff

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What is absolutely bizarre in the article is the statement about nine hoping or wanting to influence the club's into having more influence in the running of the game. I find such statements utterly unbelievable that a media organisation thinks it can make these dictations. I see this as them attempting to profiteer from the crisis and I hope they burn for it.

so basically they want to set the scheduling of the rest of the FTA games the way they already do with Bronco friday... sucks to be one of the other clubs

Perth Red

Post Whore

not reallly, a disfunctional nrl plays into their hands. The more the clubs and states continue to block the commission from doing what it needs to do the more power the tv companies hold.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ch10 come on down. If nine want to tear up the rest of this contract I’d be straight on the blower to ten now!

Latest posts