What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
f**king scum. Not just the game but the world itself is on its knees. And these pieces of shit are just looking for ways to take advantage and get league at a cut rate price long term. I can't even put into words how much I hate these predators.

mongoose

Coach
not reallly, a disfunctional nrl plays into their hands. The more the clubs and states continue to block the commission from doing what it needs to do the more power the tv companies hold.

i'm pretty sure all the commission wants to do is make its broadcast partners happy.

sempmrh

Juniors
In the future the NRL needs to sit down with Google and get their games on YouTube. Right now the NRL is streaming past games in the same timeslots as the 2020 games that would have been taking place. I watched last night and everything was perfect (hardly a surprise) and YouTube has a far bigger reach than Kayo or Foxtel Now.

Exsilium

First Grade
f**king scum. Not just the game but the world itself is on its knees. And these pieces of shit are just looking for ways to take advantage and get league at a cut rate price long term. I can't even put into words how much I hate these predators.

Advantageous f**ks. They offer garbage coverage anyway.

There are plenty of entities the NRL could reach out to. We may have twelve months to sort something out, hopefully we stop pandering to the old boys club and step out from behind these parasites.

gerg

Juniors
Wait a minute, Nein thinks the NRL won’t rate in Spring and Summer because of cricket?

ZHiSVojdFx-bcNiDZas7qADfy20-J5Z62lzjJTpgxJ4jZWkUMQjZdtISaQe9hSHzz2HUsB3sg8UyDDVk3MYLqH7W_VTwH2dC2cM8iRIJiz8X=w320-h240

I really hope Seven or Ten pick up the postponed NRL season and then we’ll really see what rates.

Most of the cricket is on Pay TV now so they will not out rate much of anything IMO.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Nrl should stand tough , tell FOX & nine you aren’t paying us, you can’t use our product in any shape or form . No league channel , no use of footage of old games or use league in the name of shows and they should have edict of players coaches and officials not to do interviews etc with these organisations or even talk to their Journos.
also might make them think twice about jumping up and doing their bidding whenever they create hysteria about anything that happens in and out of the game
And every time one of their journos try to hammer players about moral or offfield issues , bite back ans mention all the shit the say and do on their own shows , they have a gold mine of inanpproriate shit said and done on multiple footy radio shows , the old footy show , Matty Johns show etc

simmo05

Bench
So if the bank goes under the house magically disappears into the aether?

Wow, amazing.
If you have a massive mortgage like shit loads of people in Sydney and Melbourne, and you can't afford payments, the bank will definately put you out on your arse. If they are going broke, they can call in their loans. If you can't pay, they sell the house for whatever they can get. If you own your house, your good. Wow indeed

Nrl should stand tough , tell FOX & nine you aren’t paying us, you can’t use our product in any shape or form . No league channel , no use of footage of old games or use league in the name of shows and they should have edict of players coaches and officials not to do interviews etc with these organisations or even talk to their Journos.
also might make them think twice about jumping up and doing their bidding whenever they create hysteria about anything that happens in and out of the game
And every time one of their journos try to hammer players about moral or offfield issues , bite back ans mention all the shit the say and do on their own shows , they have a gold mine of inanpproriate shit said and done on multiple footy radio shows , the old footy show , Matty Johns show etc

I doubt they have the cohonas to do that.

t-ba

Post Whore
If you have a massive mortgage like shit loads of people in Sydney and Melbourne, and you can't afford payments, the bank will definately put you out on your arse. If they are going broke, they can call in their loans. If you can't pay, they sell the house for whatever they can get. If you own your house, your good. Wow indeed

If every f**ker can't the entire system will break down. One mortgage and your f**ked. A million mortgages, the bank is f**ked.

The banks needed bailing out in America during the sub prime crisis, because when those bad debts were called up there was no conceivable way of shifting them. This is going to dwarf that. People would never, ever forgive a government for hanging them out to dry. Appropriate measures will inevitably be taken.

seanoff

Juniors
If you ring a bank now and say financial hardship and mention corona virus. They’ll suspend your payments on the spot. They have no choice. They can’t destroy their loan book because of this. And if they did there is no way they’d recover the funds.

t-ba

Post Whore
If you ring a bank now and say financial hardship and mention corona virus. They’ll suspend your payments on the spot. They have no choice. They can’t destroy their loan book because of this. And if they did there is no way they’d recover the funds.

Need to institute some kind of relief that doesn't allow interest to accrue as well.

simmo05

Bench
they have chosen more deaths

call it what it is
I'm not saying they chose the right option, but it is what it is. It didn't even have to be a full lockdown. All they had to do was ban all international travel a few months ago. We live on an island for f**k sake, it could have been isolated and dealt with by the rest of the world, with a fraction of the coming pain. But good ole liberals, all about that sweet Chinese cash. Don't get me wrong, I want this shit gone as much as anyone else, but no amount of complaining for an entire lockdown will change this grub governments course of action

simmo05

Bench
If every f**ker can't the entire system will break down. One mortgage and your f**ked. A million mortgages, the bank is f**ked.

The banks needed bailing out in America during the sub prime crisis, because when those bad debts were called up there was no conceivable way of shifting them. This is going to dwarf that. People would never, ever forgive a government for hanging them out to dry. Appropriate measures will inevitably be taken.
But what if the government has blown it's wad on stimulus in the first few weeks? This is a lot more dire than people realise unfortunately. Hope I'm f**king wrong

t-ba

Post Whore
But what if the government has blown it's wad on stimulus in the first few weeks? This is a lot more dire than people realise unfortunately. Hope I'm f**king wrong

What wad?

They're doing QE at the moment. there is 8% of the AU economy that simply didn't exist a fortnight ago. That's one potential tool, there are other options available as well.

Latest posts