What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

Dragon70

Juniors
Friz's last interview suggested he was going. No one knows what will happen to caps, salaries etc, but that's a problem for all Clubs.

Post the Tinkler fiasco, the Knights have maintained massive support and are building nicely.

He has a better chance of playing finals footy with them, and maybe a title in 2-3 years. I wish him well.

I have no animosity against him for leaving either

Father Ted

First Grade
Sometimes it's not about the money. For all we know the Club did indeed make a substantial offer. And yet our best forward and skipper said no. Sadly, the Club's press release created more questions than answers.

Saints left scratching their head and yelling "doh."

I am a supporter, but have been treated like a customer. But hey, customers get answers. So why the smoke screen? Are we troublemakers? No, surely we just want honest answers and a bit of transparency.

Maybe we should stop being so polite.
There is a bit of a Rack off mentality with supporters as well. There was always "A we know best attitude" when I was at meetings with a former CEO and you have had similar experiences with them .
Right now I just want to know what the plan is and will they be part of a comp going forward . I don't want to wake up in November and find out about secret meetings and that we have merged a second time and we are now called the Gladiators and are Red white skyblue and black ....Then troublemakers they shall have.....

Dragonsamy

Bench
Please tell me this is only a joke....

As far as I know Vaughan is staying but who knows what will happen if we ever get back to playing this year.
What sort of salary cap there will be next year. If all the clubs even survive.

possm

Coach
As far as I know Vaughan is staying but who knows what will happen if we ever get back to playing this year.
What sort of salary cap there will be next year. If all the clubs even survive.
Right now SGI need some very lalented and clever people managing the issues and decisions that need to be made over the next few weeks.

Now is the time to clean out all of these old boys and bring in professionals.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Millward’s comments were interesting.. He mentioned saints would hit the player market and look at off contract and contracted players for 2021.. Perhaps with Manly in a financial heap they may need to offload some players.. I do feel we can cover Frizz and need outside backs but a guy like Curtis Sironen would be a handy pick up..

I found them interesting as well.

Seems pretty clear we will look at not replacing him with a back-rower, more likely a high profile player such as JAC, who would demand such a fee or close to it. And as someone else mentioned Suli is another that may have to be let go by Manly given the situation.

As the saying goes "why not have both" (or near enough).

I'm also pretty sure this was Grahams last year so there's cash there to look for another prop as well.

Maybe Friz leaving is a blessing in disguise.

BLM01

First Grade
All the unfounded support and accolades for Mary from all our players over the years.

All of a sudden the captain, of all players, says we won't win a premiership under Mary.

I'm glad the truth is out but why so many lies beforehand?

I always knew the future under this coach was bleak but each year he seems to outdo himself. Never thought it'd be this bad.

The fans treated like an absolute doormat. Change our people. Change our culture. Please.
The Head of everything recruitment seemed to be buoyant about the decision...foir some reason
Their massive substantial offer is the same as Tamou and Merrin got given by the Panthers some time ago. Klemmer is on abt 1.1 a year. JT 1 mill +, Burgess was on over 1 mill, Fifita will get 1.2 +, Arrow 800-900K...the list goes on
Fact is Newcastle should be buoyant and have the last laugh. They knew our first offer and upped it a bit. We matched it..but he still left
They certainly did not have to pay top $$ for him relative to the current market pre COVID
Plenty of worse players than him getting around 700K...Dugan getting more as an example.

BLM01

First Grade
Right now SGI need some very lalented and clever people managing the issues and decisions that need to be made over the next few weeks.

Now is the time to clean out all of these old boys and bring in professionals.
I think you will find over the next few weeks they will be focussing on other issues but nice try.

possm

Coach
I found them interesting as well.

Seems pretty clear we will look at not replacing him with a back-rower, more likely a high profile player such as JAC, who would demand such a fee or close to it. And as someone else mentioned Suli is another that may have to be let go by Manly given the situation.

As the saying goes "why not have both" (or near enough).

I'm also pretty sure this was Grahams last year so there's cash there to look for another prop as well.

Maybe Friz leaving is a blessing in disguise.
In my opinion, all clubs will have to termainate player contracts and negotiate a figure that can be accommodated within the new NRL salary cap. Some players will walk, some will be shown the door and all will take a hit or change codes.

Frederick

Staff member
T.Frizell IS A f**kHEAD LIKE MCIDIOT@ILLwanker.com.au
I am Celebrating the smelly rubbish leaving!
Sanitize your hearts with filthy scrum!
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

RED73V

Juniors
Exactly, Newcastle somehow convinced him they were a genuine chance of a premiership.

I would also like Tyson to accept some responsibility for the Dragons performances last year.
His form was well down and he allowed outside issues to affect him.

Good luck to him, but if he wanted to win so much, he should have made sure he played to his ability.
How can you play to your ability when you don’t believe in the coach or game plan. Imagine how good Tyson would be now if he had Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson as a coach. Do you also think Tyson would be leaving now if Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson were his coaches ?

RED73V

Juniors
Don’t be silly..

Our NSW cup sides have seen success..
images
Yeah with Jason Demetriou as coach & a healthy record prior to joining the Dragons . Jason joined the Northern Pride in 2013 & during his 2 seasons won back to back minor premierships & the 2014 residents side defeated the NSW Cup side in 2014 24-16. He then joined as assistant coach to North Queensland Cowboys & the First grade side WON THE PREMIERSHIP 17-16 against the BRISBANE BRONCOS. In 2016 Demetriou joined the Dragons as a assistant & head coach of the NSW Cup side the Illawarra Cutters who not only won the NSW Cup but also won the NRL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP convincingly.

qld redvee

Juniors
millward must have been biting his tongue in the interview and playing a straight bat. Could only say we offered a substantial offer and 1 fitting of a marquee player . Didnt really dwell on tyson going just well we are covered so we may buy anyone that could fit into our top 30.. Must be hard for him knowing we "matched " the offer ( or very close ) but tyson wanted to win a comp !! hard to swallow for a recruitment manager ... just shows that supercoach is now hopefully on shaky ground .. remember it was only a few weeks ago in his famed interview that he mentioned numerous times " if the players didnt want him he would go " ( words to that effect) remember tyson wanted to have his deal done before round 1 yet nothing happened and we were convinced he would stay. Well in 2 losing games Tyson has decided to go as he can see NO light at the end of the tunnel - so supercoach the first player has voted with his feet - how are you going to spin this one out to deflect blame on yourself

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah with Jason Demetriou as coach & a healthy record prior to joining the Dragons . Jason joined the Northern Pride in 2013 & during his 2 seasons won back to back minor premierships & the 2014 residents side defeated the NSW Cup side in 2014 24-16. He then joined as assistant coach to North Queensland Cowboys & the First grade side WON THE PREMIERSHIP 17-16 against the BRISBANE BRONCOS. In 2016 Demetriou joined the Dragons as a assistant & head coach of the NSW Cup side the Illawarra Cutters who not only won the NSW Cup but also won the NRL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP convincingly.
So you’re saying GO STEELERS?

Latest posts