What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

denis preston

First Grade
The Head of everything recruitment seemed to be buoyant about the decision...foir some reason
Their massive substantial offer is the same as Tamou and Merrin got given by the Panthers some time ago. Klemmer is on abt 1.1 a year. JT 1 mill +, Burgess was on over 1 mill, Fifita will get 1.2 +, Arrow 800-900K...the list goes on
Fact is Newcastle should be buoyant and have the last laugh. They knew our first offer and upped it a bit. We matched it..but he still left
They certainly did not have to pay top $$ for him relative to the current market pre COVID
Plenty of worse players than him getting around 700K...Dugan getting more as an example.

Just watched money ball again tonight. Oh didn't i keep thinking of Dugan, Shaun Johnson, Corey Norman,Etc, Etc, Etc. There are two ways to play it : a couple of really good players to inspire the rest of the team , all under a very good coaching staff OR two or three very expensive players with middle range reserve grade players under a coaching staff that cant get improvement from these reserve grade players.

Who do you think we are ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You always are geniused in your views or try to be funny!! I am actually saying the opposite dip shit you do know Jason Demetriou was a Dragons Junior ....Genius!!
So once again it took Illawarra to bring title success to St George.

You don’t need to get so abusive about it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So if it wasn’t for the Dragon influence their would be no Illawarra trophy. As I said you really are a GENIUS MUZBY !!
Oh dear..

Read before posting.. You’re sounding more St George than you are Illawarra with screw ups like that..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Village Idiot at his finest ....... Genius
You’re just name calling again..

You shouldn’t get so abusive over St George’s lack of success without Illawarra..

It makes you look ungrateful..

Don’t be ungrateful for success.

rasaint

Juniors
OK Tyson has left because he thinks the knights will win a comp / paid a bit more/ wanted a change / didn’t like the coach. Such is how it goes. I wanted him to stay but not over the odds. Apparently the knights offer $30k a year over Dragons at $2.1m for 3 years.

Like or dislike Millward his interview seemed to indicate that he wasn’t that fussed, even a bit annoyed. A strong offer was placed on the table and Tyson knocked it back. A poster on here recently noted that Tyson is a good player but not great.

2020 now a write off anyway. Good luck to Tyson.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yeah McGregor has had plenty of success right !!
Why are you apportioning blame to Uncle Fester?

St George have never won a title when they when solo from Illawarra.

It’s simple fact. Why get so worked up about it?

OK Tyson has left because he thinks the knights will win a comp / paid a bit more/ wanted a change / didn’t like the coach. Such is how it goes. I wanted him to stay but not over the odds. Apparently the knights offer $30k a year over Dragons at $2.1m for 3 years.

Like or dislike Millward his interview seemed to indicate that he wasn’t that fussed, even a bit annoyed. A strong offer was placed on the table and Tyson knocked it back. A poster on here recently noted that Tyson is a good player but not great.

2020 now a write off anyway. Good luck to Tyson.
Tyson's brother Shannon is an NZ All Black, a bigger unit than Tyson and faster. Demon tackler and quite imposing. Dragons should be chasing him, but I guess he is on big money as it is. He would easily adapt to League.

BLM01

First Grade
Just watched money ball again tonight. Oh didn't i keep thinking of Dugan, Shaun Johnson, Corey Norman,Etc, Etc, Etc. There are two ways to play it : a couple of really good players to inspire the rest of the team , all under a very good coaching staff OR two or three very expensive players with middle range reserve grade players under a coaching staff that cant get improvement from these reserve grade players.

Who do you think we are ?
I know who we are under McGregor and I know we can attract nobody under McGregor of course Basil has got to Toe the lune and got to sound like everything is Rosy but his hands are tied by many other things. What I do know is that player manages won’t even recommend their half decent players coming to our club on a reasonably fair market deal And I don’t blame them. We have to pay overs to secure a decent 1st grader now and we are not alone The last value for money purchases we got were 3-4 years ago (Basil's 1st year roughly as rercruitment guru) in Vaughan (was half decent but fell out of favour with his previous coach), T Sims, McInnes (flirting on reggies at the time) .maybe TF & BW may prove value but both desperate for a 1st grade opportunity and we offer that hotel at St George Illawarra.

So our recruitment staff are way behind the eight ball to start with. What Gus did get right was we had to define our DNA and culture because at the moment it’s a very closed shop culture with not everyone on board

Last edited:
Farewell, Frizz, and thanks for all your hard work.
However, I am filthy with him for going. The Knights offer isn't significantly better, they had a good start to 2020 but weren't exactly tested and their coach is an unknown quantity - so he's no guarantee of playing finals football there than he is at the Dragons.Plus Ponga's taunting of Norman over Frizz's departure pissed me off deluxe.
The only conclusion you can draw is that he is fed up with McNumpty and has voted with his feet. Just like Widdop did with 2 years left on his contract.
I wonder who we are going to lose next?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...-of-tyson-frizell/ar-BB11M1H7?ocid=spartandhp

It's not exactly "savage" but it's pretty childish and at odds with the "humble and self-effacing" Ponga media persona.
Just remember Knights were well in the hunt in 2019 and basically give up to sacrifice their coach. For a team and town that had been perennial bottom feeders, like the coach or not you can’t let a chance like that slip. That doesn’t show the mindset of a premiership winning team to me.