What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BJ

simmo05

Bench
I shudder to think how big this fulla is going to be when he returns. Hopefully there is monitored training and weigh ins, shit like that...

I do not know how intelligent BJ is but with experience usually knowledge and wisdom follow, on last weeks effort he carried on and performed like a rookie upstart ,all mouth and no substance, he needs to play smarter if he wants the last laugh on his opponent.

stryker

First Grade
I opposed two signings during the pre season and got a fair lashing for my views. I stand by them.
Latrelle and BJ are both fat lazy f**ks and have started season 2020 playing to form.
They have tonnes of talent but poor attitudes. Robbo and Ricky certainly thought the pain you go through to get them firing wasnt worth it. I agree.

The unknown

Juniors
I opposed two signings during the pre season and got a fair lashing for my views. I stand by them.
Latrelle and BJ are both fat lazy f**ks and have started season 2020 playing to form.
They have tonnes of talent but poor attitudes. Robbo and Ricky certainly thought the pain you go through to get them firing wasnt worth it. I agree.

Latrell is more talented it just looks like he doesn’t give a f**k

I think Beejs is easy to bait and he lets it get too personal. Teams know that if you get under his skin he’ll crack

Anyways both talented players just need discipline

Tigerm

First Grade
I would be pretty sure that the club was aware of his situation, but I do think Madge needs more time with him, before we toss him aside.
You do not get to become centre of the year twice in recent years for nothing.

gordsy

Juniors
I dread to see how big some of these blokes will come back after being in lock down for ages.
I read Madge's comments and couldn't agree more.

Smellmyfinger

Juniors
Joey should be in the pack. He would be devastating in the middle with less to think about other then run hard and tackle hard.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m not going to defend his game against the Knights as it was embarrassing. However I expected one or two of those performances a year. For starters he certainly wasn’t on his lonesome and his mate outside him was nearly as bad. Secondly the majority of his mistakes were when we were behind and trying to pull off a big play, rushing out of the line for a big hit etc. Yes at the end when the game was gone he got personal and carried on like an idiot, Maguire should have hooked him. Still I’ll take effort and undisciplined mistakes over mistakes through not caring/lazy (cough cough Latrell)

The whole team seemed off from the kick off. It was a weird game. I didn’t turn it on until kick off but someone commented that we looked spent after the warm up, everyone dripping with sweat as they walked off. I’m not sure the thoughts behind an intense warm up in 29degree heat when we’re wearing black, but it appears it was the wrong one.

We were looking for short cuts all game, in the 5th minute Benji tried a grubber on halfway on tackle 3. Yeah it looked on but it was a 50/50 play which didn’t come off. The Knights got the ball on halfway and scored that set. It went against everything we did well in game 1 which was game management and not panicking despite being behind for 3/4s of the game.

So yeah BJ was hugely disappointing but I’m not hanging him out to dry after that.

Last edited:

ATOWN2

Juniors
BJ is a quality player. Rocks and diamonds. The game against the Knights was his rock game. If/when the NRL starts again this season I'm expecting big things.

Nofa has deceptive speed. His defense will improve once he has more experience playing alongside BJ. A couple of years ago BJ and Rapana had a deadly combination at the Raiders. Nofa and BJ have the potential to be even better.

The Daily Telegraph had an article of the top speeds reached in the NRL last year.
  1. Josh Addo-Carr 38.5 km/h
  2. David Nofoaluma 36.7 km/h
  3. Latrell Mitchell 36.6 km/h
  4. Matt Dufty 36.5 km/h
  5. Suliasi Vunivalu 36.1 km/h
  6. Tautau Moga 36.0 km/h
  7. Ryan Papenhuyzen 35.8 km/h
  8. James Tedesco 35.7 km/h
  9. Jack Wighton 35.6 km/h
  10. Bailey Simonsson 35.5 km/h
  11. Kayln Ponga 35.5 km/h
  12. Blake Ferguson 35.5 km/h
  13. Victor Radley 35.3 km/h
  14. Edrick Lee 35.3 km/h
  15. Te Maire Martin 35.3 km/h
  16. James Roberts 35.2 km/h

The unknown

Juniors
That must be for a split second because I remember watching Tommy Turbo mow him down with ease with about a 30m head star

I do personally think he has a quick acceleration phase (maybe first 20 metres) but his top end speed would be atrocious

Shredder

Juniors
Would love Rapana here outside BJ

Thats a long built combination that scored plenty of tries.

Rapana over Cooper any day of the week.

Id say the Dogs will offer him plenty though seeing they lost two outside backs.

Tigerm

First Grade
Would love Rapana here outside BJ

Thats a long built combination that scored plenty of tries.

Rapana over Cooper any day of the week.

Id say the Dogs will offer him plenty though seeing they lost two outside backs.
We got cash, & we got BJ if they are close, that may be enough?