What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19

Probably an end to some of these obscene salaries we’ve seen for a long time.

Contracts are being torn up all over the country at the moment.

Cash will be king for awhile. We were in a bad credit mess anyway I think.

When the world recovers, demand for goods and services, should increase exponentially.

The Bears are going along ok. May even see their bid succeed.

Some distance to go in the drama yet.

A lower rate of infection in nsw today which is good,

But Africa is going to be pretty bad unless they go hard with it now.

Last edited:
56E630DA-D775-48C4-9831-E667625F5165.jpeg

Day three of Linseed Therapy.

I was skeptical at first but after a few days I can report a few noticeable benefits.

1. For whatever reason, a sore gum thing from a few days ago has gone away entirely.

2. Breathing more easily for sure.

3. No sign of fever, sore throat, coughing or sniffing.

4. Marginal increase in energy and feeling of well being. That’s where it seems easier to move about and you don’t feel as heavy.

5. Mild Appetite suppressant. I’m not obese but could eat less or what have you.

It could all be psychological or whatever but even then, if it puts the upbeat and happy thoughts in the head, that’s ok.

No one has an immunity to the virus and there is no cure that anybody knows, but eating well can’t hurt I suppose.

I found out I was an essential service yesterday. God help us if that’s the case.

The doomsday preppers would be loving this.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
View attachment 37118

Day three of Linseed Therapy.

I was skeptical at first but after a few days I can report a few noticeable benefits.

1. For whatever reason, a sore gum thing from a few days ago has gone away entirely.

2. Breathing more easily for sure.

3. No sign of fever, sore throat, coughing or sniffing.

4. Marginal increase in energy and feeling of well being. That’s where it seems easier to move about and you don’t feel as heavy.

5. Mild Appetite suppressant. I’m not obese but could eat less or what have you.

It could all be psychological or whatever but even then, if it puts the upbeat and happy thoughts in the head, that’s ok.

No one has an immunity to the virus and there is no cure that anybody knows, but eating well can’t hurt I suppose.

I found out I was an essential service yesterday. God help us if that’s the case.

The doomsday preppers would be loving this.
It's psychosomatic. There's no clinical proof of linseed oil being responsible for your reported improvement over a 3 day period

It's psychosomatic. There's no clinical proof of linseed oil being responsible for your reported improvement over a 3 day period

I didn’t discount that as a possibility, but i don’t have any other specific dietary variable I am aware of.

I might add that I’m consuming it raw in ground fashion per WA’s prescription, not oil, but I can’t be sure of the qualitative difference.

It’s not a clinical environment, I have to agree and I don’t have any control.

I did see some references to positive studies, happy to cite if you are considering taking the plunge.

The other thing you might argue is that if it is so beneficial, society might be consuming it in much greater quantities than we are.

And of course, my physiology may be more susceptible to the beneficial chemicals in the seed.

I suppose I should warn people that my experience may not be theres and perhaps some people are allergic to it.

simmo05

Bench
Haha sounds like it doesn’t it ..shall we say one of my hobbies is healthy food and this is one of the many tid bits I’ve stumbled on ...If this thing hits u the lungs will be the main target ..I read in Italy there’s lines of patients struggling to breath...This thing could take us all...no one knows what’s next it’s something that should be in the history books not now...but however bad it gets the question is who were the leaders and for me who voted for them and why ...it remains a complete mystery to me
It was a miracle!!

Hundreds of corona cases wandering around the cbd of Sydney off a cruise ship is leadership like no other.

The busiest and most populated part of Australia.

Some dingbat gave the all clear.

I love NSW, the state of chaos. No wonder qld is locking us out.

And the Mexicans keep driving up here to camp on our southern borders. We just wave them in.

Bloody petrol hit 94 cents a litre up the road. Not happy Jan - are they kidding?!

The unknown

Juniors
Hundreds of corona cases wandering around the cbd of Sydney off a cruise ship is leadership like no other.

The busiest and most populated part of Australia.

Some dingbat gave the all clear.

I love NSW, the state of chaos. No wonder qld is locking us out.

And the Mexicans keep driving up here to camp on our southern borders. We just wave them in.

Bloody petrol hit 94 cents a litre up the road. Not happy Jan - are they kidding?!

The biggest concern to me is undiagnosed cases walking freely without even showing any symptoms. If you aren’t showing symptoms then it’s likely you aren’t going to be tested

What’s stopping young billy down the street walking around a busy shopping centre not even knowing he has the virus.

It’s said the entire Spanish football team (or maybe a La Liga club) was tested and 35% of them came back positive (or just a touch over 1/3rd) and not one of them reported having a temperature, fever or even a sore throat etc.

The biggest concern to me is undiagnosed cases walking freely without even showing any symptoms. If you aren’t showing symptoms then it’s likely you aren’t going to be tested

What’s stopping young billy down the street walking around a busy shopping centre not even knowing he has the virus.

It’s said the entire Spanish football team (or maybe a La Liga club) was tested and 35% of them came back positive (or just a touch over 1/3rd) and not one of them reported having a temperature, fever or even a sore throat etc.

Thats right.

But if we can hold it off for a little while, I think the testing equipment can become faster and more numerous.

Then we may have to move to compulsory testing and forced isolation until recovery or vaccine.

I agree with trump green-lighting some treatments Asap if they have no other known side effects. Give the really sick people a chance, none of the bullshit rep tape and white coat crap. Same with cancer treatments.

The who waited too long to call it and we waited too long. But that debate can wait.

We need to procure and give out free masks, gloves, soap, coats and rub ASAP. The little droplets fly through the air easily and this 1.m needs to be 4 metres at least. Malls need to close or only let so many people in with security keeping people apart. Massive roll out.

The good news is in China where Hubei is opening up a bit as the growth rate has slowed down. Our health system is one of the best in the world. Deaths are very few per infected compared to overseas.

Scomo says 6 months, I’d say 4 months if we go hard. But overseas travel will be dangerous for awhile.

Some good news is that petrol will continue to slide as Russia takes on opec and vice -versa to combat american shale. I think we could get down to 60 cents a litre if this price war and stubbornness keeps up. It can’t last forever as the Saudi’s can’t afford it, they spend too much. I’ve been doing some research on Australian fuel. Avoid E10 if you can afford it and if prices are down, bust a decision with high octane premium. Provided it’s not a diesel or Tesla etc your car will thank you.

Property will feel affects for awhile as many service businesses realise they don’t need a big office space.

...and grab yourself some linseed!

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I agree with trump green-lighting some treatments Asap if they have no other known side effects. Give the really sick people a chance, none of the bullshit rep tape and white coat crap. Same with cancer treatments.

...and grab yourself some linseed!
1) the regulations for extensive testing and research are for good reason. Do not take advice from Trump about medical treatment.

2) could everybody please stop the hedge doctor linseed garbage.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
It's no panacea or anything like that however flaxseeds (linseeds) are an extremely healthy food. I've been eating it for a while. Just add a tablespoon to your muesli. It's cheap and extremely healthy.
I'm not questioning that. Pushing the idea that it's a cure all without proper clinical tests is wrong though

I'm not questioning that. Pushing the idea that it's a cure all without proper clinical tests is wrong though

People said it was a health food and studies backed up its virtues pertaining to different ailments and in the broad.

My linseed journey is proving quite positive, be it a creature of my imagination or actual.

If someone is absolutely dying of something and there is a hope from a new untested product, i think it’s worth a try on compassionate grounds. The sick and ill are not a scientific curiosity.

Last edited:
Nobody sensible. I'm seeing people going on about Linseed and tumeric. Particularly people selling linseed and tumeric

I thought it was just wa and I banging on about linseed with a few contribs.

I’m volunteering, not selling.

But I might have a crack at making a skin cream out of it once I’ve prepared last years tax for my accountant later today. Doing it early this year!

He keeps ringing me up and whinging on. I’m doing it to shut him up. Plus he’s a bit expensive and not creative enough’

I might need to give myself a skin ailment to test the cream on. A small paper cut or something benign.
( just kidding).

Apart from the world health organisation, there’s a good running international narrative from Al Jazeera, Official Australian government websites and the BBC.

These are tough times here, but overseas, particularly Africa and South East Asia, it’s going to be a catastrophe.

The commercial media coverage is generally horrific, sensational and garbage.

4 metres if you can, cover up, gloves, masks to stop you accidentally touching your face, and disinfect your hands etc when you get back to car. Buying fuel, using atm, wash your hands ASAP afterwards. Be prompt at the shops but no panic.

lol gun sales out of control in the USA. They can be a deranged and curious lot. Can’t kill the virus with a gun.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Nobody sensible. I'm seeing people going on about Linseed and tumeric. Particularly people selling linseed and tumeric

They are both fantastic and dirt cheap. They are like real superfoods. You can't though have a tablespoon of flaxseeds and a teaspoon a day of tumeric and nothing else matters. It's a tiny thing to do in everything else that you do.

They are both fantastic and dirt cheap. They are like real superfoods. You can't though have a tablespoon of flaxseeds and a teaspoon a day of tumeric and nothing else matters. It's a tiny thing to do in everything else that you do.

Fair enough but I’m feeling pretty pleased with my advanced consumption program.

Those not partaking, I strongly advise to purchase a packet now and read up on suggested daily intakes.

The co vid tests are coming soon. That’s going to help us defend the neighbourhood from Tasmanian’s who couldn’t get home in time for quarantine.

WA Tiger

Bench
We all have to think about the 15 round fight with this virus that each of us may have to have.. and like a boxer we have to get in shape for that possible fight.. .....And the same with the fight we have to have to stave off heart attacks and illness that will claim us if we have the wrong attitude especially people over 40 ...It’s not one thing it’s an attitude about either health or she’ll be right, or somewhere in between. And the many things we do to our bodies as a result ..The last two usually will result in actions including too much fatty foods too much meat an overindulgence of alcohol, smoking , little if any fruit,veges and intense sweat causing exercise ..and then of-course the all too common being too tough to get your blood pressure tested and the inevitable heart attack....and picking up any of the many avoidable problems / diseases that older people get ...The health attitude results in the opposite actions which will include some intense sweat causing exercise( 10 mins most days is fine)heaps of veges and fruit, less meat, fat, sugar, alcohol, smoking some vitamins and whatever else literature says is good for you ....I will believe linseed and turmeric is psychosomatic if the person telling me has tried it and it doesn’t work..but at the moment literature says linseed helps / mends the lungs and research with rats have proven that so why not try it especially if they may help u win the 15 rounder or help avoid health problems later on in life which are avoidable and will claim a lot of us and lower our quality of life unnecessarily ..If it doesn’t work and it’s expensive stop taking it and get onto something else...If it’s cheep it can’t hurt to keep taking it for a while anyway just in case ..My opinion is exercise is the only thing that can have a sudden impact ...The other things will result more in u suddenly realising that u don’t have to get your wax cleared from your ears any more or no more eye infections or no more fillings or gum infections or your skin heals up or no more sick days etc ..I’ve just started on my stationary bike again for the last 3 days..10 minutes standing on about level 7 on the modern bikes ( definitely good for the lungs) ..usual story why did I stop doing it for so long

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
And since the gyms are all closed if u can afford a weight lifting home gym set up get one and get back into it or learn how to do it..There are huge cognitive benefits including improved memory keeping the brain young even more so than normal exercise also helps with avoiding depression anxiety helping with sense of well being etc it’s all in the literature and of course physical benefits ..in this crazy time of weirdness stressing out worrying etc etc

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
And since the gyms are all closed if u can afford a weight lifting home gym set up get one and get back into it or learn how to do it..There are huge cognitive benefits including improved memory keeping the brain young even more so than normal exercise also helps with avoiding depression anxiety helping with sense of well being etc it’s all in the literature and of course physical benefits ..in this crazy time of weirdness stressing out worrying etc etc

For a gym junkie like myself it’s absolute hell lol. I’m lucky I’ve got a massive ass hill just down the road I’ve been giving that a bit of a workout and been getting into calisthenics

If I had the room for weights and stuff I’d cop that but for now I’ll stick to my hill sprints haha

Latest posts