What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

BestHookerRein

Juniors
I’m really surprised that playing under McGregor didn’t entice Friz to take the substantial offer that Millward mentioned.....

makes you think

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Next year the Dragons will probably be down the following players:-
Forwards
De Belin $650,000
Frizell $650,000
Graham $600,000
Lovodua $150,0003
Luke $150 000
Backs
Aitken $400,000
Lafai $500,000
Total $3,100,000
If the Salary Cap stays at around $9,800,000 we will have about a third of it to spend on a top back rower, centre, five- eighth, prop and winger.

mickeylane

Bench
Forwards
De Belin $650,000
Frizell $650,000
Graham $600,000
Lovodua $150,0003
Luke $150 000
Backs
Aitken $400,000
Lafai $500,000
Total $3,100,000
If the Salary Cap stays at around $9,800,000 we will have about a third of it to spend on a top back rower, centre, five- eighth, prop and winger.
Im pretty certain the salary cap will go back to something like $5M-$6M for next 2 seasons or until sponsorship, tv deals are restored...i think we are in a pretty good position w so many youngsters coming through...if cap drops players will be shedded left right and centre ...will at least even out comp again...

possm

Coach
Forwards
De Belin $650,000
Frizell $650,000
Graham $600,000
Lovodua $150,0003
Luke $150 000
Backs
Aitken $400,000
Lafai $500,000
Total $3,100,000
I'm predicting the salary cap will be at best half of that figure so about 5m will be the upper limit and clubs will be expected to secure a contribution of about 2m of the cap to remain in the NRL.
  • Will the players agree to such a big drop in salary?
  • Will WIN cut their losses and move on?
  • Will the NRL force Sydney clubs to form joint ventures to remain in the NRL competition?
  • Will SGI be forced to partner with the Sharks?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Forwards
De Belin $650,000
Frizell $650,000
Graham $600,000
Lovodua $150,0003
Luke $150 000
Backs
Aitken $400,000
Lafai $500,000
Total $3,100,000

Great news!

(But will any top players want to join SGI?)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I doubt very much that the NRL competition will continue next year , at least in its present format . I fear that the game , as in all facets of society , will take time - quite some time to recover from this unholy virus .

That’s looking at the glass half full.

Gareth67

First Grade
That’s looking at the glass half full.

Jimmy if you believe that is the case then you best be prepared to only sip the contents of that glass buddy , as in 12 months time you could very well be running on empty.

I am not being an optimist nor a pessimist , but merely attempting to be ready for the worst possible scenario.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Jimmy if you believe that is the case then you best be prepared to only sip the contents of that glass buddy , as in 12 months time you could very well be running on empty.

I am not being an optimist nor a pessimist , but merely attempting to be ready for the worst possible scenario.

If the hypothetical glass contained a James Boag’s St. George or Red Ale XXX, there’s a very good chance I’ve skolled it in one attempt.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I doubt very much that the NRL competition will continue next year , at least in its present format . I fear that the game , as in all facets of society , will take time - quite some time to recover from this unholy virus .
Gareth I agree and I feel the game will go Back to the Future in order to survive come 2021. Super League Wars changed our game in the past and catapulted into an era of greed and overpayment.
This crisis will return the game to some financial normality and players/clubs will have to adjust accordingly or slip away into the sunset.
I hope clubs like ours with good junior nurseries can rise with some real astute management. It’s time for real change......get prepared Dragons!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The player I want is Campbell Graham, great hands, fast tall and athletic and only 20. Hopefully we get Bennett and he brings with him Graham. A backline of a more developed bunch of;
1.Ramsey
2.Graham
3.Wiliame
4. Lomax
5.Saab
Looks pretty good, I would love to see Lomax used how Freddy used Tommy T in Origin in a roaming role in attack.

BLM01

First Grade
The player I want is Campbell Graham, great hands, fast tall and athletic and only 20. Hopefully we get Bennett and he brings with him Graham. A backline of a more developed bunch of;
1.Ramsey
2.Graham
3.Wiliame
4. Lomax
5.Saab
Looks pretty good, I would love to see Lomax used how Freddy used Tommy T in Origin in a roaming role in attack.
Maybe until that try he bombed against Brisbane early on.and some of his defensive reads
...not on Wayne's list of favourites ATM

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth I agree and I feel the game will go Back to the Future in order to survive come 2021. Super League Wars changed our game in the past and catapulted into an era of greed and overpayment.
This crisis will return the game to some financial normality and players/clubs will have to adjust accordingly or slip away into the sunset.
I hope clubs like ours with good junior nurseries can rise with some real astute management. It’s time for real change......get prepared Dragons!

Good post Coffs , I especially liked your reference to the ‘ Super League Wars ‘ as that certainly did bring the greed element into the game , more so the players , who over-inflated their true worth ( with the help of their money-hungry agents ) ensuring that there would never be enough money to go round to all but the very wealthy clubs .

When rugby league does return then let’s hope that it comes back as the genuine article , without the warts and open cuts that it now has on its body due to the many years of neglect by those in the corridors of power , but with astute administrators who are capable of bringing the game into a new era and with a greater degree of success for all clubs .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
1.Ramsey
2.Graham
3.Wiliame
4. Lomax
5.Saab
Swap Williame to 4 (left centre) and Lomax to 3 (right centre). Under Bennettas coach, I would chance Ramsey at fullback.