What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

He's not actually condemning preferential treatment of certain clubs, he just wants his club to be one of the special few.

Spot on.

Pretty rich talking about “respect” coming from the bloke who bailed up the ref in the hotel lobby after losing the World Cup.

He’s a whinging sore loser.

The c0ckhead makes the finals for the first time in f**k all and straight away he is squeeling for a chair at the big table.

Respect is earned, not given and certainly not demanded.

f**k he is a deadshit.

“The Game’s Greatest Thinker” carries on like a petulant 6 year old in need of a good slap.

No one whinges like The Stick Man.

Generalzod

Immortal
Great stuff by supercoach.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/d35c8694436fbda3c483f15b7353e9dc

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart believes the Raiders are still treated like the “poor cousins” of the NRL and says the club deserves more respect from the governing bodies.
Stuart sat down with new Australian Rugby League Commission boss Peter V’landys for the first time on Friday where the pair spoke for about half an hour.

The Raiders coach later told the Sydney Morning Herald he used the sit-down to express concerns over how the capital club is perceived inside NRL headquarters.

He thinks Canberra doesn’t get treated equally with powerhouse clubs like the Roosters and Storm.

There’s a huge perception that we are basically the poor cousins and we don’t feel that we get the opportunities that the other clubs do in a number of areas of the game,” Stuart said.

“This is something that’s been a perception there for a long, long time, and I think it’s very unfair.

“We often feel like out of mind, out of sight.

“We are such a big part of the game in terms of the footprint that we have put in the game in such a short time ... I believe we need respect.”

The controversial six-again call which dominated last year’s grand final wash-up was mentioned during the meeting, but Stuart says the club is leaving that behind them and trying to move on.

V’landys was impressed with Stuart and says the meeting was constructive.

“He wants to make sure that Canberra is recognised for its contribution to rugby league,” V’landys told the Herald.

“I was really appreciative of the meeting. He’s very inspiring, I love his passion.”
The NRL allowed Curtis Scott to play ...

BadnMean

Juniors
The NRL allowed Curtis Scott to play ...

I especially like that Ricky is demanding more respect from the NRL when one of Scott's lawyers called the NRL a "bunch of egotistical maniacs" a few weeks ago. Ricky has a set of balls the size of an egotesticle maniac.

AJB1102

First Grade
I especially like that Ricky is demanding more respect from the NRL when one of Scott's lawyers called the NRL a "bunch of egotistical maniacs" a few weeks ago. Ricky has a set of balls the size of an egotesticle maniac.

Love him or hate him, he personifies the relentless, dogged stereotype of a good RL halfback.

He brought a certain fight and mongrel to Cronulla. A "dont just be happy to be here" attitude.

nick87

Coach
imagine being the sort of person who is against a great, passionate RL man fighting hard for seat at the table for a RL stronghold that’s under a huge attack from the AFL?
Couldn’t be me.

but I continually underestimate Stick’s ability to rustle the jimmies of the LU collective

BadnMean

Juniors
... as we'll see when Canberra tank and Ruck starts looking to lay the blame elsewhere.

Shall be lovely to watch the great, passionate man lose the plot.

Suck it haterz. Raiders starting with clunky attack, winning without alarms but without playing well & very solid D. Just like last years first 3-4 rounds.

some11

Referee
Once Bateman is back I wonder if Ricky keeps Horsburgh at lock or opts for Tapine.

The redhead looks pretty good in the middle and is probably in line for a Maroons debut.

AJB1102

First Grade
Once Bateman is back I wonder if Ricky keeps Horsburgh at lock or opts for Tapine.

The redhead looks pretty good in the middle and is probably in line for a Maroons debut.

They got some good option middles I'd be on my toes if I were Tapine. Most are on less and have better judiciary record.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I f*ckin love Ricky!!! He is an average coach, but he is wonderful with the fans and the media. I still think he deserves full credit for taking Origin up a notch when he came back to coach in 2011.

He has really done wonders in stirring up some Raiders passions too.

Really, i think he is the guy the ARLc should be getting to replace Wayne Pearce on the ARLC. Put his mind to it and I reckon he could unite the whole NRL fanbase. Just give him an enemy.

BadnMean

Juniors
They got some good option middles I'd be on my toes if I were Tapine. Most are on less and have better judiciary record.

I think Hors stays in the middle rotation (Tapine isn't an 80 minute player, either is Hors) sharing lock & prop duties and guys like Lui start to feel the squeeze out of the top 17.

Havilii has a dicey hamstring so he may get a rest too, although I think we get better value & bonus utility out of Havilii.

nick87

Coach

It’ll be Tapine
Hors is too error prone right now to start over Tarps

Hors will play strong bench minutes and slip back into his role last year which he was excellent in. A lot of talent and potential just needs to work on his risk profile

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/27/players-share-their-best-stickyselfie/

remote.axd