What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 and beyond

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t disagree but at some point there has to be an exit strategy from the indefinite lockdown scenario or path we are going down.

I do think this pain is going to be with us for some months and any expectations we will rise from it by April 30 or whatever figure you put on it simply isn’t going to happen.

The crazy predications as you put it may have to actually occur in order for us to recover from this virus in order for the society as a whole to build up the necessary immunity to truly recover from it.

I don’t see anything being lifted before June but there would have to be an exit plan. Can’t have places closed, School’s closed until a vaccine is found.

Especially for a low fatality rate

OldPanther

Coach
I don’t see anything being lifted before June but there would have to be an exit plan. Can’t have places closed, School’s closed until a vaccine is found.

Low percentage of deaths sure but a high infection rate as it spreads easily and quickly. So you end up with 5 million cases out of 20 million and only 1% die and 20% are seriously effected you have 50k deaths and 100k flooding the healthcare system and suffering long term.

franklin2323

Immortal
Low percentage of deaths sure but a high infection rate as it spreads easily and quickly. So you end up with 5 million cases out of 20 million and only 1% die and 20% are seriously effected you have 50k deaths and 100k flooding the healthcare system and suffering long term.

How many would kill themselves or become homeless and the related illness from that if these restrictions were long term?

The reason we are able to be so healthy and why the damage isn’t so great here is our good lifestyle etc. That won’t be the case if businesses can’t trade.

I know the reasoning of it is too slow it but there has to be an end game. Aside from wait for a vaccine

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Any fatality rate is too high. It is killing folks of all ages, not just the old.

Footy I don't believe will be back this year.

(I wonder if it's a low fatality rate until it happens to a family member or friend)

As a country we are beginning this journey look at the death rate for places like Britian, Italy. It's not a 'minor' thing.

franklin2323

Immortal
Any fatality rate is too high. It is killing folks of all ages, not just the old.

Footy I don't believe will be back this year.

(I wonder if it's a low fatality rate until it happens to a family member or friend)

As a country we are beginning this journey look at the death rate for places like Britian, Italy. It's not a 'minor' thing.

Something always kills you though. You can take all the precautions you can but something will kill you.

Say all 26m in the country listen and stay home. You think there will be 0 deaths for the year?

Life will get back to normal at some stage. Includes all sport but just have stronger checks for tourists coming in.

Look at the population density of those countries for starters. Different circumstances here

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Something always kills you though. You can take all the precautions you can but something will kill you.

Say all 26m in the country listen and stay home. You think there will be 0 deaths for the year?

Life will get back to normal at some stage. Includes all sport but just have stronger checks for tourists coming in.

Look at the population density of those countries for starters. Different circumstances here

Where did I say there would by no deaths.

'You can take all the precautions you can but something will kill you' Yep pretty obvious. Some will die with the best care in the world.

Personally I would prefer not to die struggling and drowning with the liquid in my lungs, being unable to breathe.

This virus like the spanish flu did over 100 years ago will have a huge death rate, even here in Australia.

The virus stays viable for up to 72 hours on a hard surface.

Australia is not immune. Things will get a lot worse before it gets better.

Kilkenny

Coach

Franklin what age bracket are you? The above is rather easy if you are in the 20-50 age bracket with no underlying health issues.

For those of us much older with certain health issues including my wife who has MS the risks are much greater.

Your are painting a very naive picture here,

franklin2323

Immortal
Franklin what age bracket are you? The above is rather easy if you are in the 20-50 age bracket with no underlying health issues.

For those of us much older with certain health issues including my wife who has MS the risks are much greater.

Your are painting a very naive picture here,

I have family right in the at risk bracket. 60+, heart problems and smokers. Family I won’t be able to see for the near future regardless of what happens

I also have a daughter in year 6.. who will miss god knows how long of school. In what is an important year.

I have a brother lookslike losing his business he has worked hard building up over 10 years..

So what is more important a slightly higher chance that my parents and aunty die... or making sure my child gets a proper education? Or niece and nephew don’t become homeless?

A couple of months like this sure but if it is getting towards 6-12 months then the latter 2 options become more of a priority as selfish as it sounds

Kilkenny

Coach
I have family right in the at risk bracket. 60+, heart problems and smokers. Family I won’t be able to see for the near future regardless of what happens

I also have a daughter in year 6.. who will miss god knows how long of school. In what is an important year.

I have a brother lookslike losing his business he has worked hard building up over 10 years..

So what is more important a slightly higher chance that my parents and aunty die... or making sure my child gets a proper education? Or niece and nephew don’t become homeless?

A couple of months like this sure but if it is getting towards 6-12 months then the latter 2 options become more of a priority as selfish as it sounds

Sorry mate, I wasn’t being critical of you I was just making the point this is painful for all.

Kilkenny

Coach
That's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen posted on this forum.

Much as I cannot fathom ever supporting a merger between us and the Eels Dave’s Mate is not the first and won’t be the last to express such a view.

It’s not my go and I can’t ever imagine such a merger but he is only expressing a view that accommodates a 12 team competition which some believe is the best way going forward.

A twelve team competition would have to require a merger of the Roosters/South’s, Panthers/Eel’s and two of the Titans/Warriors or Sea Eagles becoming exctinct. I just can’t see it happening and frankly I hope it doesn’t.

Kilkenny

Coach
No offence taken. More just pointing out why I think eventually the aim will be protect the 10% or so who need it instead of locking everything up

Hence the argument for herd immunity as it is referred to which impacts on me and my family more than most given our age and risk factors which is scary but I understand the methodology behind it.

Fangs

Coach
How about this:

- Dump Parramatta

Done. Its a win for everyone. All their fans will start supporting better clubs and the NRL will thrive.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hence the argument for herd immunity as it is referred to which impacts on me and my family more than most given our age and risk factors which is scary but I understand the methodology behind it.

I would gladly get it. Rest up at home for a few weeks if it means getting an end to it. Given I would recover and can’t get it a 2nd time then can’t pass it on

snickers007

Juniors
What does Parra bring?

Their mascot is weak. They have no juniors and bring shame to the comp

I second this

I'm not sure how I feel about a potential merger.

On one hand, I'd like to consider myself a rugby league fan first, and a Panthers fan second. And I do have a particular soft spot for the Eels.

But on the other hand, I don't think that 30+ years of emotional attachment is replaceable. I get chills watching their promo videos each year, I ride every game along with the players. I don't get that feeling in any other match, including Origin and Tests.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this as I'm having a really hard time evaluating the options.

Latest posts