What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Word is that the Saints leaked his signing to the media at this time to get back at him and Newcastle. If that is true and we do take the paddock again this season I don't see Friz realistically being able to play again id say he be pretty pissed about it. If true its pretty bad form by the club imo.

That's Newcastle's opinion. And who cares what they think? The news would have come out one way or another in any case.

RED73V

Juniors
Why are you apportioning blame to Uncle Fester?

St George have never won a title when they when solo from Illawarra.

It’s simple fact. Why get so worked up about it?
You’re right they haven’t won 1 title they have won 15 . And 11 in a row which will never be repeated. Illawarra has never won any without St George EVER!!!!!!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yeah no doubt, oh well looks like we have a new grudge match at least.

Remember the days when Saints were chock full of ex Newcastle players in the late 90s/early 2000s?

Ainscough, Treacy, Andrew Tangata-Toa, Rodwell are some who come to mind.

In return, I remember the Knights pinching Marc Glanville in its nascent days, and more recently luring Alex McKinnon, but I don’t recall too many others.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You’re right they haven’t won 1 title they have won 15 . And 11 in a row which will never be repeated. Illawarra has never won any without St George EVER!!!!!!
Firstly, St George have won 16, not 15.

Secondly, from 1921 - 1981, did St George’s territory reach down to the south coast or not?

Thirdly, why couldn’t we win 11 in a row again? With the correct coaching, junior pathways and salary cap management it’s a an achievable goal. Reminiscing about something that happened 60 years ago and not focusing on doing what is required to achieve such dominance again is such a lazy St George trait.

BLM01

First Grade
Remember the days when Saints were chock full of ex Newcastle players in the late 90s/early 2000s?

In return, I remember the Knights pinching Marc Glanville in its nascent days, and more recently luring Alex McKinnon, but I don’t recall too many others.
Choc full - 4?. Tangatatoa not exactly a household name. In the same side, same time?
Nev Costigan, Houston, Friz, Jeremy Smith, Boyd, Naiqama..there is likely more recently

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Incorrect. They won the Tooheys Challenge. A feat that will go down in Illawarra folklore...
Geez those were great days weren’t they?

Back when a preseason comp was played by the first grade squad, and went for a full 80 mins..

We should bring that back.. Just imagine that how that one extra trophy would have looked here:
images

We literally would have won it all!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Choc full - 4?. Tangatatoa not exactly a household name. In the same side, same time?
Nev Costigan, Houston, Friz, Jeremy Smith, Boyd, Naiqama..there is likely more recently
You don’t want Beau Scott finding out that you forgot about him.

He would get mad.

And you don’t want Beau Scott mad at you.

BLM01

First Grade
You don’t want Beau Scott finding out that you forgot about him.

He would get mad.

And you don’t want Beau Scott mad at you.
Correct and should apologise for fogettting him. One of my favourite players from that era
Run into him at Picton pool when he was doing his rehab from leg injury when playing with the Dragons I think in 2011 or 2012
Said good day had a brief chat. He was not aggressive that day...must admit not huge framed but not an ounce of fat either

thebigredv

First Grade
nrl.com reporting that Frizell's money may go towards bringing Addo-Carr to the club. I could definitely live with that. We seem to be able to find backrow/forward talent but nothing out wide.

I suppose everything is on hold right now in any case but this is an interesting development.

hewi

Bench
nrl.com reporting that Frizell's money may go towards bringing Addo-Carr to the club. I could definitely live with that. We seem to be able to find backrow/forward talent but nothing out wide.

I suppose everything is on hold right now in any case but this is an interesting development.

You are forgetting one thing and that is the moron coach will turn Addo-Carr into a below average winger as well. He is an Errol Flynn, he f##ks everything he touches.

thebigredv

First Grade
You are forgetting one thing and that is the moron coach will turn Addo-Carr into a below average winger as well. He is an Errol Flynn, he f##ks everything he touches.

Mary will probably give him one game at prop and then demote him to reserves.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Losing friz was a fail of the highest order.

He’s a world class player, loves the physical side, dominant in every respect. He’s not easily replaced by anyone in the game let alone “emerging talent”

He’s rare.

The Mary elite really f**ked this up.

You need a genuine superstar to replace him. Still the market should be fresher and players cheaper in 2021.
Agree silverdale, very hard to replace this guy if played in the correct position and not used as a battering ram. I thought he was going to be loyal to this club but I guess anyone can only take so much of poor leadership. I truly believe that he would have been had we had a decent coach. People would take a hit in the back pocket if there is a chance of playing finals and being a really competitive team consistently.

Goodbye Friz and goodluck

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

They could have kept Ainscough..