What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Watched the first two Resident Evil movies over the last two nights.. never seen any before but I played the game on PlayStation when it was originally released, loved it and to this day the most addictive game I’ve ever played (I hung up my gaming boots years ago though).

They are a tad dated but I still liked the movies. Takes me back to the game which helps too, the dogs, lickers, zombies and all that.. waiting for the Tyrant..

And absolutely no kidding, when I was driving back from Bunnings yesterday, we saw this driving alongside us...

upload_2020-3-27_11-2-41.jpeg

Onto the third movie tonight.

Watched The Gentlemen last night
Typical Guy Ritchie pommy Gangsta tale.
If you liked Snatch & Lock Stock you will enjoy this .
Good story ..some twists ..humour ..violence ...well acted .
8/10

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Tickled

Wow, that goes from 0 to batshit crazy after the first ten minutes. Dont even know what to compare it too

Reactions: PJ

axl rose

Bench
Underwater- Kristen Stewart swimming around the entire movie in her underwear with her Ellen DeGeneres haircut. Little plot, no character development. Garbage. 1/10

The Invisible Man- solid movie, though not as good as the directors last effort Upgrade. 7/10

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Underwater- Kristen Stewart swimming around the entire movie in her underwear with her Ellen DeGeneres haircut. Little plot, no character development. Garbage. 1/10

The Invisible Man- solid movie, though not as good as the directors last effort Upgrade. 7/10
Cant be bothered going back and finding my review of underwater but i think it went along the lines of if they just went with a transexual early 00s eminem lookalike that kirsten was trying to look like instead of kirsten it would have actually improved the character and the movie

Xcalibre

Juniors
Watching Straight Outta Compton...

..I haven’t listened to much rap over the past 25 years, but these NWA would still kill it today, like they did during the few years I was into rap.

Back then.. NWA, Geto Boys, Public Enemy, Ice T, Run DMC and many others were good and I’d probably still listen to them today. Beastie Boys for sure.

Anyway, this is a movie thread, so I’ll just say the best thing about this movie is the nostalgia it evokes. How they rose to fame is good too. If only I still had my SoC cassette!

PJ

First Grade
Richard Jewell. Interesting study on how the media can f$%k up a persons life with little to no regard and even less accountability all the while being major blowhards about how important their job is.

They have a point if they were actually professional, but most are just gutter crawlers sensationalising anything they can.

Anyway typical Clint paced movie. 7.5

vvvrulz

Coach
A Quiet Place 5/10 - A collection of incredible scenes duct taped together with an stupidly thin (albeit interesting) premise and plot holes to run freighters through. I could buy it for about 20 mins but the utter silliness took over - plus with no character development the whole thing became a bore other than the brilliant set pieces.

El Hoyo (The Platform) 8/10 - I'm a sucker for psychological sci-fi horror/thrillers; this is dark and uncompromising, sets it's rules clearly and plays out nicely with a satisfying enough pay-off (this is where most in this genre get it wrong). If you liked Circle or The Invitation, this ones for you.

The Report 8/10 - Bit of a sleeper, this is an excellent docu-drama focused on the post 911 CIA 'interrogation' methods. Asks a lot of good questions, generally sticks to facts and doesn't get too preachy; Adam Driver carries effortlessly.

shiznit

Coach
With the new bad boys movie out online I’ve been doing a bad boys binge...

Bad Boys: Haven’t seen it since I was a teenager... still love that f**ken movie... :joy::joy:

Bad Boys 2: IMO... even better than the first.

These 2 are probably my favourite Michael Bay films along with The Rock.

probably nostalgia talking... :joy::joy:

axl rose

Bench
Richard Jewell.

They have a point if they were actually professional, but most are just gutter crawlers sensationalising anything they can.

Anyway typical Clint paced movie. 7.5

To be fair this was way back in 1996, the media are far more responsible now.

giphy.gif