What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Coffs dragon

Bench
Your probably correct it will be a totally different game when it comes back.
Yep the game is in for a massive change in player payments and it will be years to recover. Tyson’s rumoured contract of $700k per season may realistic be that price over a 3 year term. Sponsorship, TV broadcasting, TPA’s will all be heading in the direction of down. The game will need to reset and revalue, including players, coaches and staff.

denis preston

First Grade
V'landys knows that the 16 clubs greed got them in this mess ( and only 2 make any profit ?) so he will come down hard or get out.Club grants ( 50% reduction ? ) will teach clubs to pull their head in and if some cant deal or work with that then relocation or disbanding is the only outcome. The 70 million or so saved each year put into shoring up their assett register.

BLM01

First Grade
Dragons Have only suspended training for 2 weeks. I wonder why that is?
Are they expected to be back in training getting ready for the resumption of the comp maybe by May / June even with no fan stadiums.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Are they expected to be back in training getting ready for the resumption of the comp maybe by May / June even with no fan stadiums.

No, Mary just wants to screw the club for every dollar he can before someone else calls, shutdown.
Not only will the fraudster not resign, he won't even stand down with covid-19 happening all around us.

Dragon David

First Grade
The medical world is sending out some pretty scary messages at the moment.....I'm not sure the league will be back in a hurry
Things look pretty grim don't they? If both TV broadcasters pull the plug on payments and they go down the drain into the never never, I cannot see the RLPA would agree for the players to play for virtually nothing for this year and in this regard, it will give all and sundry time to sit back and work out what will be the best way forward going into 2021.

SaintPauli

Juniors
No, Mary just wants to screw the club for every dollar he can before someone else calls, shutdown.
Not only will the fraudster not resign, he won't even stand down with covid-19 happening all around us.
What gets up my you know what is....
The club said it could not afford to sack Mary with 2 years contract remaining.
How is it the dragons are now one of the few clubs who are still paying their coaching staff? So many inconsistencies with this club.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
According to fox Sports we let frizell go in hopes of chasing better outside backs Addo-Carr is on the list so after about 5 seasons they are finally ready to address our outside backs situation.

If you really think someone such as Addo-Carr would seriously consider coming to Saints, you’re living in a fool’s paradise.

No top tier players will ever join SGI whilst McIdiot is in charge.

RedVDave

First Grade
If you really think someone such as Addo-Carr would seriously consider coming to Saints, you’re living in a fool’s paradise.

I never once suggested he would come here it was a rumour from fox Sports so I posted that rumour in the rumours thread. The only hope I have is saints have finally come to the conclusion we need some good outside backs as apart from Nightingale what we have had has been sub par.

LINESPEED

Juniors
According to fox Sports we let frizell go in hopes of chasing better outside backs Addo-Carr is on the list so after about 5 seasons they are finally ready to address our outside backs situation.

As hundreds have said before, it’s just pointless shuffling of the deck chairs on the Titanic while Andrew Gordon keeps his embarrassing bestie in place.

Pretending players are leaving for any other reason than McI’mFuc/ked is worthy of a shrink appointment Andrew

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I agree, that’s why I reckon we should get Campbell Graham. He’s only 20 but he’s more than physically ready and will only get better. Plus a prop that can offload. I’d be happy with Ford, Sims, Tyrell in the back row rotation. Hopefully JDB beats his charges.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I never once suggested he would come here it was a rumour from fox Sports so I posted that rumour in the rumours thread. The only hope I have is saints have finally come to the conclusion we need some good outside backs as apart from Nightingale what we have had has been sub par.
Yeah you are right, we also unfortunately don’t have an organising 7 that can grind out wins. Norman is too enigmatic and Hunt is all heart but not much game sense. I hope we get some games in this year just for the hope Clune gets a shot.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

No, McGregor sees we are only two wins away from a possible finals berth and wants to troops, burnt out in case we fluke it into the finals.