What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

Its my favourite Men at Work song, it was off their second album Cargo.

I lived in SE Asia as a kid, where there were cheap cassettes on every corner. I got given Men At Work's Two Hearts and a bootleg Live from NYC on cassette Xmas 1985 and never stopped listening to them (although the bootleg got lost a few years back).

You forget just how BIG they were in America. That said Two Hearts killed off the momentum with a lukewarm reception and with the band splintering.

Colin Hay should have had a bigger solo career.

Hold Me...his debut solo single was great (off the Looking for Jack album).

One of my absolute favourite songs of Colin Hay's was Into My Life off the 1990 album, Wayfaring Sons. It came out in a period when I was in Year 8 and I was really in to this song and Michael Penn's No Myth (and LP March).

Talking about Michael Penn...I can't believe it has almost been exactly 30 years to the day I bought the album March...purely for the song No Myth. It is a brilliant album from a very talented musician. Brother of actors Sean and Chris Penn, Michael has released a half dozen pop albums and has spent the best part of the past two decades doing soundtracks for TV and movies. I keep hoping March gets a re-release including the singles' b-sides (remixed versions of No Myth). A little while back I actually investigated the cost of promoting him and his wife Aimee Mann ( solo and of Til Tuesday) on a tour of Sydney/Melbourne...

Anyway...check out March, and his third album Resigned.

No Myth (March)

Free Time (Free For All)

Try (Resigned)

Jack Ladder is another Sydney act worth checking out. His 2014 album Playmates is exceptional from start to finish. Hurtsville would easily slip in to a best 100 Australian albums of all time. Gallows humour on love and life...remorse and romance, all to a dark synth-y pop. With an imposing frame and caramel deep vocal, the guy can hold a room in awe. Saw him at the Marrickville Bowling Club this time last year and he was brilliant. Part of the scene that includes Donny Benet, Kirin J Callinan, Alex Cameron, Holiday Sidewinder [all acts highly recommended]...all artists that, had they lived in the 1980's, would probably have become a scene we talk about today.

Come On Back This Way

To Keep and To Be Kept

Her Hands

Short Memory

horrie hastings

First Grade
I lived in SE Asia as a kid, where there were cheap cassettes on every corner. I got given Men At Work's Two Hearts and a bootleg Live from NYC on cassette Xmas 1985 and never stopped listening to them (although the bootleg got lost a few years back).

You forget just how BIG they were in America. That said Two Hearts killed off the momentum with a lukewarm reception and with the band splintering.

Colin Hay should have had a bigger solo career.

Hold Me...his debut solo single was great (off the Looking for Jack album).

One of my absolute favourite songs of Colin Hay's was Into My Life off the 1990 album, Wayfaring Sons. It came out in a period when I was in Year 8 and I was really in to this song and Michael Penn's No Myth (and LP March).